Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. K. ChitnisYour feedback matters!
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.
I am 60 years old and my weight is 97 kg and my height is 5.10. I am having varicose problem I want to reduce my weight and started walking for 4 kms since 5 days in the evening and night I take one plantain and a cup of milk. Morning in the empty stomach I am taking one glass of green tea with honey and without milk. Friends are advising me to consult whether I can walk 1 hr (4 kms). I am using treadmill for 20 mts. In the morning. Kindly advise me what kind of food I should take ?
I am 31 years old man. When I have sex with my partner I ejaculate very soon before she got organism. Is there any medicine or remedy tobprolonged ejaculation. Please help me.
I am suffering of bleeding and severe pain while going for motion and its paining continuously on that area whole day and I want a proper suggestion.
I am 28 years old, from past 6 months I am pain in knees it's like leg cramp. It will be only in night and early morning when I wake up. Consulted doctor but first suggested to do blood test for vitamin d3 as Igot less than 6, currently evion lc and jointace c2 tablet taking for another one month Is t curable after one month and can I know the reason for this pain? Thanks.
I am 35 years old female having migraine, cervical and Thyroid problem taking 25 mg daily. I stopped taking from last 2-3 weeks as my medicine got finished in meantime showed to ayurvedic doctor checked my thyroid which was normal and she gave me substitute (medicine) for that. The problem I am facing is major hair fall from last one month and this started while I was taking Thyroid. My hairs are falling roots. Also my hair texture is changed from last one year. My hairtexture is thin .My scalp is oily but down hairs are dry. 2 years bacl also got hairfall than it stopped itself due to that my hair density has become very less now. Hairs are thinning day by day. Can you please provide the reason for it and suggest remedy and also can I get back my lost hairs, wanted to increase the density and grow my hairs long. Please help.
I am getting dry cough rarely and after blood test came to know My white blood cells count is 6200 and eosinophilia percentage is 8%. I have taken tablets podocip and unicarbazan fort. But still cough is coming. Can anyone suggest how to cure dry cough completely.
I am 35 years old. Since last few months I noticed that my sexual stamina has decreased. I consulted the andrologist. He did blood test to check my testosterone level.In the report my testosterone is 167 ng/dLThe doctor said that my testosterone is low and prescribed me sustanon 250 injection and to take medicines Efil 5 mg and Maxpop. Is the injection and medicines are safe to use. Can I boost my testosterone hormone naturally? Which foods do I need to take?
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- The sugar contained in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
- Sodas can also prove to be injurious to your major organs, and are associated with conditions such as chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and the development of metabolic syndromes.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options, which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
- Fruit juice
- Powdered drink mixes
I earlier had lot of sexual interest but now m not having any interest in sex I avoid it with my husband too I have a sin of two years but don't enjoy sex pls help.
I have lite fever with lite cold and lite cough and lite body pains and heavy headache what can I do sir. please give me a solution.
Impotence or erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man is unable to achieve an erection. Impotence makes it difficult to maintain difficult physical intimacy. It is essential to note that experiencing erectile dysfunction on one or two occasions cannot be labeled as impotence. In case the issue occurs consistently, you may want to get diagnosed for weakness or erectile dysfunction.
Many find it hard to express this issue and search for a convenient treatment simply out of shame. A typically misguided judgement is that impotence is not treatable. Some of these issues are of physical or therapeutic in nature, while others might be identified with stress or mental problems. At times a blend of both physical and mental issues might be included.
Homeopathy offers exceptional results in the case of impotence, which may have emerged from both physical and mental causes. Both mental and physical segments of the suffering can be treated using homeopathic solutions for erectile dysfunction or impotence. These medicines will have to be prescribed by a doctor. Here are a few homeopathic remedies for impotence:
- Agnus castus: It is one of the best homeopathic treatments for impotence. This is one of the best homeopathic prescriptions for barrenness or erectile brokenness. It is best used when there is no sexual desire and no erection. At times, this condition may happen after getting gonorrhoea or a STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). This condition may happen because of the need or loss of energy.
- Nux vomica: It is among one of the best homeopathic solutions for erectile dysunction or impotence. When the patient has excessively indulged in alcohol use, and other substance abuse, nux vomica is one of the best homeopathic solutions for sexual shortcoming. This medicine also helps if the patient is irritable, a hard worker and an achiever. He may have been under a ton of stress identified with the workload.
- Lycopodium: It is one of the most effective homeopathic solutions for impotence in senior patients. At the point when there is impotence or loss in sexual desire in connection with progressing age, lycopodium is one of the best homeopathic solutions. An enlarged prostate may also amplify the issue, leading to low control over one’s erection and ejaculation.
- Caladium: It is one of the best homeopathic drugs for erectile dysfunction. At the point when misuse of tobacco is the reason for erectile dysfunction, caladium is one of the best homeopathic prescriptions. This is best used when there is a halfway erection. The organs appear to be bigger and puffed or swollen in such a situation.
- Kali brom: It is a great homeopathic solution for sexual libido. Apart from the loss of libido, there might be loss of memory too. This circumstance may occur after having excessive sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.