Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S HardangweYour feedback matters!
I work on shop floor. Because of dust and other smoke present in air damaging to my skin. Getting pimples and pimples scares and getting worse day by day. What to do to protect skin ?
I am female. Age 34. Working in airlines past 10 years night & day shifts. From past few months I see some small size of white patches on my face. please kindly advice what to do?
Around my nose there are white heads appearing so what I have to do to get rid of them? Please let know.
I am a 63 year old male detected with prostate problem - ct3anomo, ipsa -18-19, biopsy report/gleason score - 6. Question - what course of treatment - surgery, radiation and/or hormone therapy to accept so as to ensure least chances of incontinence and impotence.
My face becomes slightly thinner day by day. How should I take care of my face so it can glow properly?
Whenever I go out in sunlight, my skin turns to red and itching starts. Can't control the itching. This pblm is since many month. Please tell me any remedy.
My lips getting blackish, over from 5 years. I won't like smoking, tea and coffees. I want to get red lips.What should i do?
Amidst the celebrations, do not forget to take proper care of your skin during uttarayan. These are a few tips that will help you:
- Use a sunscreen of atleast 30 spf and re-apply after every 3 hours of sun exposure
- Use physical protection like caps, sunglasses etc as much as possible.
- Use band aids/tapes on fingers as a preventive measure against cuts.
- In case of any cuts/abrasions, apply a plain antibiotic ointment like soframycin.
Dont forget to drink lots of water since its winter and you might not feel thirsty but your body does need water.
Waves wellness wishes you all a very happy and safe uttarayan!
I am 22 years old young boy and wanna to ask something for my girlfriend. My question is on my girlfriend breast there is knob at top at on side and this is from last 8-10 months. Before 8-10 months there's nothing. So can you tell why this is and what is the reason behind this knob and what is the treatment of this. Tell me quick. I'm waiting.
People tend to believe that they have sensitive skin when they use certain products that don't suit them and causes some redness, itching, blotches, rashes, etc. However, this is not true. Sensitive skin is actually used to describe a condition when skin develops rashes, skin bumps, erosions, pustules, blotches, redness and so on when exposed to harsh weather conditions such as extreme heat, wind or cold.
There are some common skin ailments for that may harm a sensitive skin; i.e. Acne, rosacea, burning and stinging as well as contact dermatitis or irritants and allergies. Skin can be sensitive on any part of the body, including legs, arms, hands, etc. but it is most noticeable on the face though. The degree of sensitivity varies from person to person. Sensitive skin easily reacts when exposed to sunlight or wind. Also, such a skin is more prone to dryness, itchiness and redness. So, in case you have a sensitive skin you need to be extra cautious with the foods you eat and the products you use.
Precautions to be taken in case of a sensitive skin:
- First of all, you need to find out what is causing the problem. Is it food, weather or a product and stop using/avoiding those things to protect your skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice a day.
- Do not overload yourself with several skin care products like toners, scrubs, packs, and variety of creams.
- Keep a healthy, balanced diet which is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamins A, C and E. Also increase your intake of anti-inflammatory spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper.
- Exercise daily to ensure a good circulation to the skin.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Adding lemon gives your skin the much needed Vitamin C.
- Choose natural and soft fabrics such as silk and cotton for sensitive skin.
- Avoid exposing your skin to too hot or cold water .
- Avoid using skin care and cosmetic products that have alcohol, harsh exfoliants, petrochemicals, acids, or synthetic fragrances as these can irritate the skin.
- While trying a new product make sure to do a trial test on the skin especially on your inner arm or behind your ear.
- Use a good broad spectrum sunscreen which is non comedogenic, paraben and fragrance-free.
- Try to reduce stress in life by resorting to activities such as meditation, yoga, or walking.
- Get enough restful sleep to enable your body clock to function normally, which will give you clear skin.
However, if you do have any prolonged, unexplained skin reaction then you should consult dermatologist who might conduct a skin allergy test to identify the root cause of the problem. Finally, limit your alcohol intake.