Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S HardangweYour feedback matters!
A pet dog has bitten and teeth scratch mark appeared on the leg of my 8 years old daughter. Dog is vaccinated in March this year. Tetanus inj is administered to her. Is anti rabbies injections are necessary?
I am having black circles below my eyes since last one or two days. What may be the reason and what should I do?
I have brown spots on my lowr legs. At first my legs were clean. Bt aftr somr time whn I stated waxing. I got brown colored spots on the pores of hair. And I think that they can also be caused by mosquito bite. Mosquito bite used to itch a lott and I used to rub them. And then bite became red spot and ultimately brown. N it is not goinnggg. I hav used various creams bt cannot get rid of them Can I go for chemical surgery. Or any laser treatment? Pls help me out.
Hello doctor. I heard about a skin lightening product named glutathione 3gs. And also it is a steroid. I need some detail about it and is it safe to inject. Thank you.
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!
What can I do for healthy & glowing face & also for pimples because my skin is too much oily. No one cosmetic was suite to my face skin. please give me suggestions for this problem.
My skin tone is dusky and after 3 month it become more dusky and skin tone become dull For fairness bleaching is necessary or glycolic face wash will be suitable to REGAIN skin tone.
Sir, I would like to know if I can get rid of sunburns. My face and arms are darker than my other body parts.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started.