Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S. GangwalYour feedback matters!
Higher level of insulin in the blood, how it leads to cancer? What is the connection between Insulin and cancer?
Is lungs cancer and blood cancer communicable? Are they transform when food and water is shared with cancerous patient.
I am 15 years old. I had giant cell tumor at the neck of proximal femur. Surgery is performed within bone graft on 9th march 2016. But after 6 months it is looked that local recurrence is started. So now what should I do?
I am 75 years old male. Flow of my urine has reduced and the frequency of urination has increase from once at night to three to four times. I got ultra sound of KUB done. Findings:-Kidneys, Right: 100mm, parenchymal thickness is 13mmand Left kidney: 90mm, parenchyal thickness is 13mm. Both kidneys are normal size. Urinary Bladder: within normal limits, Prevoid-100cc, Postvoid-10cc, Prostrate-18cc Normal in size and echotexture. Uroflowmetry test: Hesitancy--14 Sec, Flow time--43 sec, Void volume-237ml, Time to max flow--21 sec, Max flow-8 ml/sec, Avg Flow 4ml/sec, voiding time 55Sec, Residual urine--0 ml. I have been prescribed Tab SILDOO 8mg once daily after diner. Advised Cystoscopy. What should I DO?
My niece is suffering with Breast Cancer Grade 3. advice 4 cycles of Chemo+Surgery+another 4 cycles chemo and radiation. She appears to be normal, no sickness. What is the prognosis? Survival rate? Please help me.
Hi, now a days major problem is cancer. What r the ways to prevent it. Pls give some suggestions for not getting that. Food that we can keep in the diet which help in preventing the cancer. Thanks.
Hello sir/mam my grandmother suffering with tonsil cancer from last three year. She taken 4 times chemotherapy and one time radiotherapy. She has any problem with eating. She is unable to take spicy food and dry food. Please suggest me to what to do.
What are the symptoms of the cancer. And what kind of medical tests should be done? What kind of treatment should have to take?
My mother is 54 years old and I got the reports today that she is having malignancy. I am from Bihar, but I can go Delhi, mumbai or anywhere in India. Just guide me to choose the best place for this disease to get cured.
Hello, I am 34 years male. Please recommend health checkups that I have to do. I am getting confused with lot of packages in the diagnostic centers. I am looking forward for a complete body checkup which includes cancer check ups. Thanks. Sriram.
I am 63 years old male. I have been diagnosed With BPH for the past 6 years. I am on Alfucin Since then. Also I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for more than 8 years now. Sidnofil Citrate and other medication doesn't provide the desired result.Would you 'please suggest some remedies for my condition.
Is it possible to have esophageal cancer without GERD or Barrett's esophagus? How long does normal esophagus turn to GERD to Barrett's esophagus to cancer?
I smoke 5 cigarette a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
I'm a single working girl living in Delhi from last 4 years. My breasts are lumpy in nature. Presently I'm on medication, taking treatment of hormonal imbalance. It's been (just) 3 months of the treatment. I've had (sometimes) irregular cycle of my periods, & during those days pain is almost excruciating. From last 6 months I've had a strange problem of having pain in my breasts. Upon (even little) stimulation, I can feel the tingling sensation & afterwards pain. Now lumps are more clear, so clear that I can feel them now & upon touching them pressingly, it hurts, also in one breast (my right one) I feel more pain. Earlier it wasn't like this. I've done the relevant tests done & the reports of those tests (Serum Prolactin, USG breasts & abdomen, TSH, Urine culture & Blood culture) are okay (if not normal) so to speak. Doctor has said it's the issue of hormonal imbalance which is causing this problem of pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. But I'm afraid. I feel fearful of some major physical ailments which might be causing such conditions. I'm so afraid that these days I'm continuously thinking about it. I want to know what can be cause of - pain in the breasts, lumpiness of the breast & (sometimes) irregular periods. & how it can be taken care of? Please provide correct and relevant information.
Cancer is becoming the disease of modern times as with changing lifestyles, more and more people are developing this disease. Research has shown up multiple options, but these options are not without side effects. Cases of immunosuppression, weight loss, hair loss, etc., are just a few of them. Therefore, there is constant work being done to identify alternate methods of arresting cancer and preventing it.
While these alternate methods do not help in curing cancer, they definitely help in managing the signs and symptoms of cancer. This makes a lot of sense as even with conventional treatments, beyond a certain point, chemotherapy only helps in palliation and is not a complete cure.
- Acupuncture: This practice of inserting needles at specific points in the body helps in relieving nausea caused by cancer and also helps improve pain to a large extent. However, this should not be used in people who are on anticoagulants and have poor platelet count. Getting an experienced person to do it is also very essential.
- Exercise: The chronic fatigue, which sets in with cancer, can be greatly reduced by regular exercise. Talk to a private physician to identify what would work for you, taking into account overall status and plan accordingly. This will also improve sleep patterns and your overall quality of life.
- Hypnosis: For extreme stress and anxiety induced by cancer, hypnosis is a good option. It helps calm the mind and soothes the body to relax completely. It also helps in reducing the nausea and vomiting that is often associated with chemotherapy.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda has multiple proven substances, which are known to detox the system and control cancer growth cells.
- Massage: Superficial and deep massage have definite benefits in chemotherapy. This relieves the muscle tension and stress associated with chemotherapy. Specific conditions like bone condition, pain type, etc., have to be taken into account before planning for this. Also invest in a good experience personnel to do this, as wrong hands may cause more damage.
- Meditation: The deep breathing and relaxation that happens with meditation helps control stress and anxiety in people with cancer. The advantage is that it can be done by the person at any time, anywhere, without investing in any equipment.
- Yoga: By combining body movements with relaxation techniques, yoga does wonders for the body. It improves agility, improves mental alertness, controls anxiety, improves metabolism, and is an effective detoxification method. A good yoga instructor can help in designing the right program to get the maximum benefits.
- Music therapy: Whether it is simple listening to music, writing songs, or playing an instrument, music has its healing powers. Having a group also helps as a form of supportive therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.