Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S. GangwalYour feedback matters!
We were informed that for AML type M-4 there is no much advancement for the past 30 years. Is it true? Chemotherapy was given and the patient is stable and healthy now. Can we feel safe for about 5 years with regular check ups. The patient is 55 years old and does not have other problems such as BP, Sugar etc.
Sir, I am sick from enlarge prostate gland. I go to toilet again and again near about in a day 8 times. Please advise me.
I am 64 years old man. I have undergone cabg in 2012. Now my tsh level is 6.5. Earlier 6 months back it was 14. I have been taking tablet thyronorm 25 mcg since last 6 months. My weight is 58 kg. Taking following medicines: nebicard 2.5 1-0-0. Ecosprin75mg 0-1-0. Stiloz50mg. 1-0-1. Crevast 5mg 0-0-1 and also taking flodart plus for B.P.H. (middle lobe enlargement) psa less than 2. Please give your free medical advice on this medication.
What is a cancer. What are it is symptoms. How it is so critical disease. How can we prevent it. At which stage it is dangerous. Why cancer is a silent killer.
Hello Dr. Can my wife take cervical cancer vaccine during breastfeeding. My son is 10 months old now and she will turn 30 by next year. We heard that vaccine to b taken before 30 years. Pls recommend?
Does anyone know where Graviola tree is grown in india, its fruit has medicinal properties that can cure cancer. It is also called Sour sop.
Hi, My father is detected with stomach cancer with signet ring cell morphology. He underwent partial gastrectomy surgery. Pathologist tested removed tumor and lymph nodes and gave report that the cancer is in stage 3 now. Oncologist suggested to undergo 28 sittings of radiation along with 3 chemo injections in parallel. Chemo injections are given once in every two weeks. My father is diabetic and suffering with hypertension. His age is 59 years. Can he undergo this treatment? What could be the side effects? Does he need to undergo 28 sittings of radiation? Please help me with your answers.
My wife age 40 yrs. Suffering from endometrial cancer 1b G3. Surgery and Radiation has been done. Now chemo is necessary or not.
Sir, I feel sudden breast discharge and after bilateral usg it is diagnosed that I have fibroadenosis in my breast which is almost 2 years, Initially doctor prescribed me Cap primosa 1000 O. D for 3 months, Evion 400mg for 3 weeks and Tab pyricontin for 1 month. Now, breast discharge is very rare and occasionally feel little pain mainly before period. Now, I am 43 years and also the patient of mental depression, GERD and P. C. O. S.O. D. What treatment/ medicine I have to take now, Sir.
Hi Dr, a patient have stomach cancer since 2 years, and he has diebetes, kindey problem, thioriod, BP, and recently got heart attack. Now he got jaundice. How long he can live ? can you help us on this ?
I have the prostate problem from last two years. I am taking urimax 4 mg once in a day. I do not have any other problem viz bp, diabetic etc. My age is 65 yrs. Do you suggest operation if so which method.
I am 54 year old male having enlarged prostate and am under medication. I am having fluid less ejaculation for about 3 ~ 4 weeks. Is there anything to worry?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.