Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. Chatterjee
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old having dark circle under eyes. What should I do? I am taking seabuckthorn pills from 1 month which contains omegas & vitamins and using aloe vera eye gel but no results I found.
From 2-3 months I am facing a problem whenever I touch my face and neck it looks warm. After that I checked my body temperature but it was normal. Only face and neck remains warm. And my face looks reddish sometime and red bumps on both sides of cheeks n near nose.
Hello Sir/Madam, I have inquiry related to my wife she is 29 year old ,she is suffering from breast fibroadenoma in both side breast ,total number of 7 lumps in both breast, please suggest me preferred treatment.
Dr. pus is coming from my rectum. It's piles or fistula. My weight has been decreased. Please suggest me ayurvedic tanvi medicines for that.
I have mandibular prognathism, because of that my face looks very disappointed so what should I do for that?
I have yellowish eye and yellowish skin before 2 day. I feel very weak, so what I do? Please help me.
Few months ago my face skin is too good but now a days it is darkening and too loose so will you please guide me for it so that I can clear my skin. Thank you.
Hello sir, I am 25 years old female and my bth hands from shoulders became dark by sun tan comparing to that complexion of my face so I am fed up of it now what to do? Will b really thankful if I will really get some solution for it that will really works.
Scars may mar the beauty and proportion of your face and its features. There are many reasons why we may suffer from scars starting from accidents to other causes like birth defects and other ailments. When we are injured or the skin is ruptured, the bruise or the wound usually heals itself by turning into scar tissue.
While much of this may disappear for smaller wounds, there are others that remain obvious and become scars. Many of these scars may be in a prominent location like the face, which can lead to loss of confidence and self-esteem. While make-up and creams can diminish the jarring effect of such scars, there is also a permanent way to deal with them cosmetic surgery. Here is everything you need to know about the same.
- Point of surgical techniques: While total scar removal will depend on the severity of the scar and its location, the point of most surgical techniques for scar removal involve making the skin as smooth as possible so that the scar becomes almost invisible.
- Skin resurfacing methods: Dermabrasion and laser resurfacing are some of the most popular methods employed for this process. While dermabrasion basically helps in scraping away the top surface of the skin in order to help new skin grow back, laser resurfacing does pretty much the same with the help of laser beams that will act on the problem areas. Dermabrasion usually helps when the scar is slightly raised and embossed on the skin, giving the appearance of a second skin with its defect. The laser light of the laser resurfacing helps by smoothen the rough patch of skin that forms the scar. This is done by running the beams on the rough or elevated patches until they are removed for the new skin to emerge eventually.
- Kelotoid scars: Most kelotoid scars are treated with the help of medicated injections that can be administered by a cosmetic surgeon. Hypertropic scars are also treated in this way.
- Surgical incisions: In case the above methods do not help in removing particularly stubborn or old scars, the cosmetic surgeon can also suggest using a surgical incision in order to join the skin together with very fine stitches. This process can help in making the scar less prominent to a great extent.
- Side effects: In all these methods, you would do well to discuss the possible side effects with your cosmetic surgeon. Some amount of bruising and redness of the skin is to be expected for a few days. Also, a little bit of swelling is normal. But if these side effects do not abate in a hurry and get progressively worse, then it would be a good idea to report the changes to the doctor for further treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.