Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S BhartiYour feedback matters!
I have problem of eye when I was sleep and wekup in the morning it is red what is solution for that please tell me.
I am having pain in my right eye for last few days. I wear glasses my no. Is for both near and far eyesight. I have been using eye kul to get relief. My work involves lots of activity involving looking at computer and mobile screen.
I have -1.00 power in my right eye & -1.5 in my left eye. I wear spectacles but not comfortable with it. Is it possible that my spectacles can be removed permanently. Any advice.
My mother has burning pain while urination and in small quantity from last 4-5 years. In usg and urine test no symptoms found. Only blood found in urine which is not seen directly by eyes. She has taken many treatments but not cure permanently. please advice treatment. She has allergic asthma sometimes.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
My eyes are becoming red do know but after waking up in the morning its can be seen my eyes are red any solution. I have tried many eye drops but its stops for some time then after 10/12. Days it starts up again.
What should I do for keeping my eye health okay.& I do a system job, so should I use a anti-glare specs or not?
Hello sir I have eyes pain problem and tears problem last one months my self vivan singh I am 38 year old man what should I do please tell me doctor.
My wife is at 37 week pregnancy. Till now all lab and scan results show everything normal other than thyroid which was treated. Today bp rises up to 140/90. She hasn't any headache or vision problems. Whether termination of pregnancy is advisable? If we are going early termination whether health of mother and child will be affected?
their are lot of pain in my mother eyes what should she do for a release pain any medicine or a special eye drop.
I have eye sight problem. I feel like that are burning, too much pain because of that. Please say me what to do.
Sometimes with watching mobile at night my eyes pain a little bit whether I should go for check up or not please help me with it?
Symptoms, types and treatment of Glaucoma
Hi guys! I am Dr. Ravi Thadani from Ravi eye Foundation. Today we are talking about a condition called Glaucoma. Glaucoma in Hindi is known as kala motia, kala pani and some parts of India it is known as savarbai. This is one of the most common cause for irreversible vision loss in India. There are various types of Glaucomas. What is exactly Glaucoma. It is a condition in which normally the pressure of the eye is raised because of some blockage, outflow of aqueous humor which is normally produced inside the eye continuously.
There are various types of glaucoma, the most common is chronic type of glaucoma. In this chronic type of glaucoma there is gradual and slow increase in the pressure of the eye which causes a little and gradual damage. I am showing you the illustration (displays the illustration) of this condition. This is the angle of the eye where there are drainage tubes which takes out the fluid which is being produced inside the eye. There is some sort of blockage here because of one or some other reason or narrow angle so the fluid is not being drained out and thus it keeps on collecting inside the eye, this is causing increased intra-ocular pressure in the eye. This gradual increase in pressure of the eye causes continuous pressure in the nerve of the eye, which causes damage to the nerves and the retina. Because it is a slow process most of the times there are no symptoms, but few symptoms some people can notice many a times.
This is most commonly seen in people of 40 to 50 years of age and are ‘colored halos’, sometimes they may complain of chronic and frequent headaches and frequent change in the power of the glasses. There are few types of glaucoma which are not very common like Acute Glaucoma, Conginetal Glaucoma, Secondary, Traumatic. The incidence of this condition is more commonly seen in patients who have a very strong family History of Glaucoma or the patients who are diabetics. Most of the time the chronic glaucoma is detected during routine eye examination, whenever the patient comes to a eye surgeon for routine eye check up, if he is of age more than 40 years then we usually do a comprehensive eye check up in which we try to rule out any findings related to glaucoma. That’s the reason we we always recommend to all the patients to go for a routine comprehensive eye check up after 40 years of age in 1 or 1 and a half years. If this condition starts it is timely detected and treated.
There are few diagnostics tools whoch help us to detect glaucoma, like tonometry, OCT, Gonioscopy and few other tools which helps us to establish diagnosis of glaucoma. Once this condition is established, nowadays we have such a large number of medicines which helps us to control it very nicely. It was in the old days, say about 2 to 3 decades back when there were not much medicines and we used to depend upon only surgical treatments or just a few medicines which used to cause a lot of people turning into blind. But nowadays the main domain remains its early detection, timely treatment is started and if the patient continuously puts the medicine and he is contact with the eye surgeon then most of the cases they save their vision for much longer time.
If you guys have any queries or you want to consult me regarding glaucoma you can call me or you can consult me online at Lybrate.