Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rv TripathiYour feedback matters!
I am 62 old male. BP medicine taking stamlo 5 & tenormin 25 .no diabetic. Now days I have acidity problem. Pl.advice medicines.
Recently I have developed gas problem and continuously burping to relieve the gas. What could be the problem. I am 46 years old male and otherwise quite healthy. Kindly advise.
Taking a balanced diet not only helps in maintaining overall health also helps in curing indigestion. The right mix of carbohydrate, protein, water, fat, vitamin, salt and fiber is important for the body to function well. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, it is also essential to refrain from food that triggers indigestion.
Here is a list of worst food for digestive health:
- Dairy Products: Dairy Products contain a protein called the casein. This protein can be highly allergic and inflammatory. Its strong insulin response can hold up fat and makes someone look fatter than his usual self. Lactose, the carbohydrate found in milk is extremely difficult to digest. If you are lactose intolerant, you should make it a point to stay away from dairy products such as kefir and yogurt to ensure smooth digestion.
- Gluten: This protein molecule is found in barley and wheat. Gluten is extremely difficult to break and has the capability to create a lot of damage. The unbroken molecules of gluten cause inflammation and bloating. People, who have GI issues, should definitely eschew gluten to ensure food digestion.
- Sugar: Patients suffering from indigestion should stay away from sugar related products such as candy, cake and crackers. Intake of sugar product increases the rate of inflammation, feeds harmful bacteria and suppresses the immune system. No wonder it is one of the worst food to consume if you are suffering from indigestion.
- Fake fats: Fake fats are extremely difficult to digest and make the cell membranes more rigid. It can also show symptoms such as cramps, loose stools and bloating.
- Gums: Guar and xanthan gum are proved to be responsible for causing colitis. People with bowel disease are strongly suggested to stay away from gums and thickeners in order to avoid indigestion.
- Soy: Soy possesses protein inhibitors. It is an enzyme that restricts digestion. The carbohydrate content of the soy does not get recognized by the GI system. This leads to bloating, cramps and gas.
- Nightshade vegetables: Vegetables such as potato, bell pepper and tomatoes contain a compound called solanine. The latter is known to be responsible for indigestion. People with a compromised GI should not consume these vegetables at all.
- Red Dye: May fast food item contain a red dye which is known to decrease the production of energy, disturb nerve signaling and is an inflammatory agent.
- Sweeteners: Fake sweeteners show GI symptoms such as bloating and gas. Replacing this with sugar is not at all a good idea since it causes indigestion over a period of time.
- Legumes and beans: Legumes and beans contain compounds called saponins and lectins respectively. They are a major cause of a leaky gut and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I always get acidity whenever at night if I eat something spicy or very hot thing what should be the best remedy for this?
I am male, 40 years of age. From last so many yearsi have this reddish boils near thighs, and whitesh patch at anus. When I apply some powder, I will get mouth ulcer, if I take treatment for mouth ulcers, my breathing gets worsed. Also I ejaculate early while having sex with my wife. I have a 3 month baby girl.
Mam I am just 16 and there are lot of pimples and blackheads these are on my face since 3 months and everyday I saw a new one appear on my face. Is it normal? Please suggest me some face wash, antibiotic,cream or anything else.
Week digestion is main reason of Thinness true or false? If false so what is the main reason of thinness?
I have an gall stone of 10mm and bcz of this I feel very tired and weak so what to do. Is operation remove gall bladder.
Hello sir, I have a gastric problem so I am suffering from gastric stomach pain please suggest me what can I do to ignore gastric problem from my life?
Sir meri age 24 hai or mere pet me problem chal rahi hai. M morning me 3 bar latrine jata hu or din me khana khane k do ghante bad b latrin jata hu ltrin k bad mere pairo me dard rahta h or thakan rhti hai, ltrin jane ka bad pet me gas c ban jati h pet bahr aa jata hai. Mane Dr. Ki dawa b khai bt asar ni hua. Koi khta hai lever shi kam nahi krra to koi kahta h k apke pet m infection hai. Koi khta hai aanto me sujan hai. Please sir help me.
Hello doctor, do lactose intolerant people get any benefit after drinking pasteurised milk since the milk is causing bloating, intestinal cramps and digestion problems? If yes than how? Thank you.
Multiple small Gall bladder stone problem size in mm. Whether operation is the only alternate or recovery possible without operation?
What should I do as I am suffering from acidity for several months inspite of taking anti acidity capsule?
Dear Doctors, I am facing the constipation problem from last 10 days, due to that getting hard stool, got blood in stool from last 7 days. Later stool getting too itch and bit pain in anal. Please suggest me tablets or ointments and using directions. Please suggest me which specialist I need to consult. Thanks a lot you all Doctors.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity.