Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hello Doctor, Does rubbing tomato/egg white/lemon on face helps in improving face color. Or can diprovate-S be used as substitute for same cause. Please suggest. Thanks.
I have pimples in my face and black spot too. I used some types of medicine but it didn't work. I am so tired to recover my face. Please help me.
I am 54 yrs. I have black patches on my both side of eyes. Can I know the reasons and medications in home, Ayurvedic and allopathy?
I have spots on my shoulders & neck. I have this problem from 2-3 years. please give me solution for this. Thank you.
My mom had breast cancer doctor ask us that chemo without port may damage the veins but I research internet and I found that it is patients choice to have port or not, even port could cause infections. Sir Please If you can give us some advice.
I am having black spot and some some holes in my face. It looks me bad can any one suggest the best treatment for fully clear of black spot.
I have dark circles from 2 years not too much but still its not going completely I have taken medications from allopathy and tried ayurvedic also.
Today after bowel movement something like pea remains outside and I just push it in inside my anus. I felt so horrible. Can you suggest me something to stop this? I have piles.
I am 18 year old. I have dark circle on my eyes. I used already all option by putting potato on eye. No effect on dark circle.
I am 18 years old. I am loosing my fingerprints. Is it a bad indication. What to do. Why it happening?
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.