Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Rushikesh S.PatilYour feedback matters!
Treating RA With Biologics
Eat to Move
Though diet doesn't cure RA, the same healthy eating habits that are good for the rest of you are also good for your joints. That includes whole grains, vegetables, fruit, fish, and other types of lean protein. Some foods may help with joint swelling, such as fish oils, nuts, and tea. Limit sugar, saturated fat, and cholesterol, and any foods that seem to aggravate your joints.
Exercise helps keep your joints moving and strengthens the muscles around them. If you're overweight, exercise can also help you lose pounds, which will ease the stress on your joints. Include aerobic or cardio exercise, strength training, and flexibility movements. A physical therapist or a trainer with experience in RA can help you get started safely.
Rest When You Need To
Though you need to be active, make time for rest, too. RA can make you feel especially tired. Don’t try to do more than you can handle. Take breaks whenever you need them. Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night, plus an extra nap during the day if you feel drained.
Try Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can make your life easier. A physical therapist can teach you exercises to help you get stronger and move better, without hurting yourself. If getting around or doing simple tasks is hard, ask your therapist about tools and devices that can help.
If You Smoke, Quit
Smoking makes your RA symptoms worse and your treatments less effective. If you've tried to quit before, keep trying! And while an occasional drink may be OK for some people, check with your doctor, since alcohol can interact with RA drugs and damage your liver.
Give Your Doctor Feedback
You and your doctor are a team. It helps them to know how you're really doing, so be open. If you're noticing side effects or not getting the results you hope for, or if you're not able to take your medicine for some other reason, tell your doctor. Don't stop taking medicine or change the dose unless you've checked with your doctor first.
My aunt is 45 years old dhe us suffering from knees pain from last two year's. Had many medical treatment but didn't felt any relief. What else she should do please suggest?
Hi My husband who is 28 years is having pain and swelling in the foot with difficulty in walking! He has had that in past as well and was diagnosed with high uric acid levels! The recent test says the levels to be 8.5 Now he is on medication but the pain has not subsided! What can be done to normalise uric acid levels or will he hav to take the medication on a regular basis as suggested by the doctor? The medicines he is taking are- Colchicine 0.5 mg Etoshine 90 Superia 20 Febutaz to be started after 10 days Thanx in advance.
I am 25 years now. I have been suffering from Back pain since last night. Earlier to this I was feeling feverish and cold. Please help me out in getting relief. Thank you.
My wife is having shoulder / knee pain. After taking MRI scans, they have observed little bulge in knee but none of the medicines relieved the pain. Doctor suspected vitamins defiencines and lab report also suggested vitamin d & b12 deficiencies. Pls suggest any supplements to remedies the problem.
I have back pain due to disk issue. I had one epidural in 2007. But pain started since 2013. Cervical pain is also started. It restrict my moment and activities. Can you suggest Medicine. I am on physio, yoga and focusing on weigh loss. But I need Medicine so I can stand up, sit down well when work.
I am in sitting job. I sit for around 11 hrs everyday in front of computer because of that I am suffering from backache, please help with the permanent solution.
Following the simple tips below can give you a jump-start on improving or maintaining the overall health of your spine:
Develop a regular fitness routine: Try to incorporate resistance training and aerobic and flexibility exercises into your routine.
Lose weight if necessary: Being overweight or obese puts added stress and pressure on the joints in your spine (called facet joints). This can cause the normal wear and tear process to speed up.
Eat healthy, nutritious foods: Base your diet on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
Take breaks throughout the day: This is especially important if you work at a desk all day. Getting up to stretch every 30 minutes gives your back a chance to recover from the strain of sitting for hours.
Develop good posture: Sitting or standing correctly promotes good back health.
Learn how to lift properly: Lifting correctly can help you avoid excessive strain on your back.
Get plenty of sleep: Aim for 8 hours a night.
Stop smoking: Smoking can accelerate the aging process, which is bad news for your spine.
Avoid heavy use of alcohol: Too much alcohol can lead to dehydration.
There's no sure way to tell if you will completely avoid developing spondylosis, but leading a healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to prevent spondylosis.
Hi, My friend had an accident on 27th feb 2016 in which his heel got separated from his ankle. It is a 36*10*10 wound which has 38 stitches. On 29th feb heel turned brown and on 2nd march the heel turned black. As per the doctors, its gangrene for which they are planning to implant tissues from thighs to the heels. We are scared as it will be curing it for sure or not. Please suggest. Thanks.
If you are suffering from neuromuscular disorders and require an effective, natural cure, you should opt for Ayurveda. Neuromuscular disorders are conditions in which certain areas of your central nervous system may get affected. It leads to the dysfunction and degeneration of your musculature, and also disables the functioning of certain organs at times. According to the Ayurvedic principles, most neuromuscular disorders occur because of beeja dosha, deranged vata and due to certain defects or impairments of your mamsagni or muscle enzymes.
Ayurvedic treatment for neuromuscular disorders
There are several modes of treatment and management for neuromuscular disorders based on Ayurvedic principles.
- Panchakarna therapy, several yoga techniques, and specially developed molecules or mamsagni rasayan are commonly used for treating such disorders. These help people in maintaining muscle strength and functioning.
- Strict Ayurvedic dietary modifications are also required to be undertaken by people with metabolic disorders and those suffering from neuromuscular diseases.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for treating neuromuscular disorders. These herbs should become a part of your regular diet.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps in slowing down or stopping the progression of muscle degeneration, which is likely in case of neuromuscular disorders.
- It is ideal to apply a combined Ayurvedic strategy for treating neuromuscular disorders, which includes mamsagni rasayana, yoga, pizhichil, anuvasana vasti and Til Mash Pinda. These are undertaken for long-term management.
- This is an Ayurvedic formula or preparation that was developed as a remedy for neuromuscular disorders. The medicine should be taken before meals with honey.
- It contains several active and highly beneficial ingredients such as triphala, gurvel, marich, kuchla, gold bhasma, and guggul.
- It helps in the regulation of muscle metabolism and is ideal for the management of neuromuscular disorders and muscular dystrophies.
- The mixture is very effective in correcting membrane defects and regulating fat metabolism.
- Among the various ingredients, kuchla helps in boosting the neuromuscular tone, gold bhasma prevents muscle degeneration, and gurvel helps with immunity modulation.
- The combined effect of all the ingredients helps in balancing your neuromuscular vata, pitta, and kapha.
- You will observe results coming in the form of weight loss, decrease in your difficulty to walk, decrease in your blood CPK levels, and an increase in your neuromuscular tone. Your muscle power enhances and you get an improved weight ratio by taking this Ayurvedic solution.
You should consult an Ayurvedic physician, if you seek Ayurvedic treatment for overcoming neuromuscular disorders. An experienced doctor would be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.