Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RupaliYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old male. I have migraine for which presently I am taking no medication. I've had concussion syndrome and subdural haematoma in 2012 following an accident, which is now fine. Since 2010, the start of my college life, my sleeping schedule has been bit disturbed. Its like I sleep during the day and work at night but since past few days I am insomniac. I also have back ache frequently. What should I do?
My wife is suffering from chronic tonsil problem, tonsil is not so big but all the time she has pain in tonsil, sometime fever, cough (khasi), sometime breathing problem. I have consult many doctor all the time they prescribe antibiotic, few day relief then again no result. She has also 2 month milk feeding baby. Please suggest me how to get fully relief from tonsil problem. From sandeep, hazsrinagh ,jharkhand.
I am suffering from cough and cold and it is having since 5 year and I takes many cough syrups but I can not many benefits in them. How can leave from this problem please help me.
Sometimes blood comes during motion. I had bleeding piles problem from last 4 years. And in 2014 once I had operated also for piles but now again bleeding starts and blood comes occasionally. So request you kindly provide me permanent solution for it.
Hi sir im suffering from premature evacuation,, and amount of my sperm is very low and watery. What should I do?? My marriage will be in next month..
I am 34 years old Male. Having headache for prolonged time if I sleep in the afternoon. Please suggest how to get rid of it.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.