Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa UpadhyaYour feedback matters!
I indulged in non penetration sex and my boyfriend touched his penis to my vagina for few seconds and for safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours, after 8 days I got light bleeding for 3 days which was 4 days earlier to my actual period date (16/2/2017) which I missed, I took 4 pregnancy test on 23 feb, 25 feb, 3rd March and 10th March all are negative. I have pain in lower back and abdomen similar to periods cramps, sometimes on left side more, I got my last period on 16 jan 2017. Then I missed on 16 feb due to ipill, still I have no periods. What should I do? Do I need more tests? Do I am pregnant?
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
- High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 years old and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth. The pregnancy rate can be as high as 40-50% .
- Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist
I am Pregnant from 5 And half months but I have ich on stomach & My stomach scene is having bad scratches. So what can I do?
Running is one of the best forms of exercise, not only for getting fit but for weight control too.
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of running shoes and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life, either competitively or at school/college, so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good, not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
I am CD 13, had my ultrasound done today, there are 6 follicles. Endometrial thickness is 9 mm triple line. Follicle sizes are nearing 25 x 15 17 x 12 18 x 13 and so on. There are 4 follicles on right and 2 on left. Going to take HCG shot in evening 7 pm on CD 13. IUI is planned on CD 15. Is everything good for IUI to proceed?
I had sex with my gf unfortunately without condom. Is it leads to pregnancy bcoz some of sperm is released. N how should we prevent it.
Hello doctor want to know about IUI process. My AMH is 5.43 and age 28. Then this process works for me?
I am married women 33 years old. And I have irregular period for 3 month no pregnancy what should I do. Please advise tablet name.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
I have a Breast Mastectomy report of my aunt, in the end report say an impression of infiltrating ductal carcinoma, stage IIA, TNM: pT2N0cM0, NPI: 2.8. What does it all mean?
I was missing my periods fromapril and pregnancy is also negative so i've started taking regesterone 5 mg from yesterday should I take for 5 days or 7 days ?
My girlfriend has a periods problem she was irregular in periods. But she used some medicins so she is getting periods from 5monthsonwardscontinuously. But there is any problem for getting pregnancy. Will she get pregnancy or not in future.
Hi I am 29 years old and trying to conceive from last one year, But did not conceived yet. My all reports thyroid, sugar, PCOS all are normal. I have got HSG trigger injection too and found egg was also ruptured but not conceived, also I did follicular studies and take clomids for three months but no success. My husbands reports are good 10 on 10. Can you please suggest what could be the reason?
Although some women with PCOS have regular periods, high levels of androgens and also the hormone insulin can disrupt the monthly cycle of ovulation (when eggs are released) and menstruation.