Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa KapaleYour feedback matters!
There is a so much pain on my left eyes when I was studying. And due to which the pain was also start on my head.
I have yellow eyes and full fever and starch pain and full body pains and vomiting with motions. Please tell me what to do?
Hello Doctor, my son is 16 years old and by birth he is having acute congenital ptosis in his right eye. In 2005 he has operated already in Army Hospital Udhampur. But no change came in his eye. I want to consult or want to know by Oculoplastic surgeon opinion.
I am suffering from flu from many days kindly tell the solution of this problem as soon as possible also how to overcome from eye flu?
Sir my head is aching from many days and water is coming from my eyes. What to do? Please suggest some medicine.
I am 20 years, my eyesight are so weak I find it hard when I go out in bright sunlight. What should I do to better my eye sights?
I checked my eye to a doctor because I had itching and water coming from eyes he prescribed me some eye drop and glass. I checked another one glass number was a little different and then went to a optical to make glasses he checked he prescribed me glass with a slightly changed number now I am using eye glass with following detail right eye Cyl -.0.75 axis 75 v/a 6/6 left eye - cyl - 0.50 axis 120 v/a 6/6 now I want to ask when I wear this glasses and drive bike all seems to very big. It feel like I am a height and up from road if its 2 feet height its like 5 feat. And will it work in dark? Because I can't see proper in dark.
I have been facing with sudden blurry eyes followed with minor head ache. This does not happen all the time or everyday. If I can recollect, have been having such difficulties may be 5 to 6 times in total from last 2 months. Consulted an eye specialist and I was told that my eye sight was all normal. Please advice and hope this isn't a major issue and requires medical attention. Thank you.
I am Radha aged 38. I am prescribed to take melmet SR 500 morning and evening from Feb. This month when I started checking sugar levels after food (with exercise), I could see that I get: 154, 151, 160 (evenings) Fasting is 101, 114 Could you please suggest if it is high or I need to meet my endocrinologist and get the dosage increased. Kindly suggest if accucheck glucometer is fine or I need a different one for accurate results. Regards, Radha Devaraj.
A week ago my eyes are red due to infection. Now My eyes become normal but there is difficult to read letters in bright light there is some blur in letter. So I prefer low light to read. What should I do?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!