Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Runita BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am 18 and having hypothyroid from 3 months and since then I am having the problem of hair fall now even when I try to pluck the eyebrows one or two fall on my hand. N my hair's on the chest also r getting fallen. Can you please tell me is thyroid the actual reason for that? And anyway to prevent this?
Hello sir, I am 32 years old woman I am vegetarian. Sir apple cider vinegar is best for dark underarms.
I have rashes on my neck and forehead, it is like ringworm there is unshaped border of rashes and inner area is clean. What should I have to do?
Hi. I am having dryness patches all over my face. Due to change in weather. I have a sensitive skin that is acne prone too. What should I do to even my skin. Thanks.
I have huge hair fall problem. And there are small small eruption in the scalp, itching almost whole day, especially more in the sun, and light pain in the scalp. This problem has been for 3-4 years. It was little earlier, but now become greater. Is it fungal infection? Could I take "Grisovin FP" & "Candid B"
How to get rid of split ends? Suffering from last 5 years not yet find any solution. Is there any solution for complete cuteness?
Hi I have very thin hair I want to increase the volume and quality f the hair and I want to do that naturally is that possible?
Hi I am 21 year old female. My lips are of two different colours. Upper lip is kinda dark n lower lip is normal. So what do you suggest, what should I do.
I am suffering from sun tanning. Can you please suggest me some solutions to get rid of it. My skin is almost burn because of UV rays.
I'm getting dandruff even if I do not use anti dandruff shampoo 1 day. Is that a symptoms of soriaseas?
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem. Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
1. Hormonal imbalances – This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
- PMS or period related triggers in adults and adolescent women
- High testosterone levels in women
- Excessive androgen in men and women
- Hormonal problems due to polycystic ovary syndrome and others
- Taking medicines or steroids that may cause hormonal changes
2. External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
3. Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
4. Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
5. Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
I sincerely hope that you found this information and the underlying advice from me useful. If you did, do share it with your loved ones and others. You can also consult privately with me if you believe I can help you with your Acne or other skin related conditions.
Wishing you loads of good health and happiness.