Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Unani Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rukshana Ashfaque HusainYour feedback matters!
I have given my height and weight. Is this weight is enough at my age? I am very slim. I am eating good. But not gaining weight. Is this an illness? Height: 170 Weight: 48 Age: 21.
I'm a student and I have a busy schedule throughout the weak, and I have a very poor health, my weight is just 46kg but height is appropriate. How can I gain weight and improve my physic? Yes I do suffer from constipation and I've tried many home remedies but they didn't helped a lot.
I'm very thin but my height enough near about 5 foot 8 inch so my personality is very poor. Please tell me which type of diet and medicine take to get rid of this problem.
I am 29 years old and having question that I have normal diet & physic but want to gain some weight.
I am suffering from slimness so I wants to gain my weight how can I gain my weight without using any medicine. I want to gain my weight at home by naturally please tell me.
Hi I am feeling weakness in my body. Mostly in my Hands below to elbow and in legs from foot and above to ankle. Why it is happening and what should I do. Do I need to take any multivitamin.
Hay all doctors now days I feel so tried not any reason and I do not do more work any reason behind.
I am getting lazy day by day. I want a fit body but I am so slim so please give me some medicines name that can I use.
I am suffering from very bad cold for the last 3 hours. When I take medicines it work only for 2 hours and after that cold again comes. Have you any solution. And I am try to enhance my immunity.
I want to increase my weight and need a healthy diet. I always try that my weight should not reduce however it keeps on increasing. And at the times I am not able to wake up in the morning.
I am a engineering student my health is decrease my weight 46 to 38 so I want maintain weight .how possible.
Am anargha my last menses date is jan 4th and now I want to know how much month. Am now conceiving baby. And how many week it is.
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.