Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rui FernaandezYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have some dandruff issue in my head and beard both I tried some prescribed shampoo but after sometime they not worked. Any help.
Hello, I am yashwanth. My hair going very thin and I have heavy dandruff. Before some Dr. Prescribed me keraglo men. Shall I continue it or any other medicine to use? If to continue how long should I?
Hello Doctor, Sir my wife occurred with stretch mark after her first delivery, can you please advise how it can be removed. than.
Dear doctor I want to know about my cousin that on his arms, back body legs and face was cover of Acne from few days. He consult from doctor but doctor gave lot of medicines. Please tell me how it's be improved properly?
Hello I Am suffering from hair loss at every early age what should I do to prevent it and re growth of my hair. And due to my hectic schedule I wont be able to take proper guide kindly guide me what kind of diet should I get.
Need a hair transplant. What will be the approximate charge? And what's the difference between hair fixing and hair transplant. Please guide me.
Conditioners make fine hair look limp. Make sure you apply the conditioner only on the tips and not on the scalp or length of the hair.
Meri 15 din me shadi hai muze apne face pr glow lane k liye kya krna chahiy. Aur muze dark cercle b aague hai kya kru?
Hello Dr. m suffering from hairfall and under eye circles and I drink only 3 4 glass of water a day also I won't eat anything throughout the day I don't know why I am not feeling hungry. What should I do now kindly suggest thank you.
Hi I have very thin hair I want to increase the volume and quality f the hair and I want to do that naturally is that possible?
Is the leprosy are a viral disease? What ate the common symptoms of it & what precautions it must be taken to avoid that?
I have damaged dry and frizzy hair how can I treat them naturally and improve my hair growth as well.
My private parts have become too itchy and skin is peeling off when I scratch along with blood. What should I do.
Find Out the Type of Alopecia the Bald Patches Might Be Indicating
Alopecia Areata is the most prominent kind of alopecia that causes hair fall. It happens if your immune system attacks the hair follicles, resulting in excessive shedding and even bald patches. Generally, people below 20 are most affected by this condition but it may occur to any individual irrespective of age and gender. The hair loss is reversible on its own and treatments are also available. Below is a list of different types of Alopecia Areata that have been diagnosed in people.
- Alopecia Universalis (AU) - This kind of alopecia leads to complete hair loss from the body, including eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Alopecia Totalis (AT) - Alopecia Tolalis causes shedding of hair from the scalp making one bald.
- Alopecia Barbae - When Alopecia Areata occurs at the beard area making patches or wiping the entire area smooth, it is called Alopecia Barbae.
- Scarring Alopecias (Cicatricial Alopecias) - This is the rarest form of Alopecia where one loses hair permanently.
- Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) - Also called male or female pattern baldness, this type of alopecia causes excessive thinning of hair to the point that the scalp is almost visible. This is a progressive kind of hair loss that is most common in people with hereditary alopecia.
- Traction Alopecia - This type of alopecia results from excessive pulling on the hair, which causes tension in the hair follicles. Primarily seen in women because of certain kind of hairstyles, it can lead to damage of hair shafts preventing re-growth of hair.
- Telogen Effluvium - If more than normal amount of hair falls out then, it is called Telogen Effluvium. It is usually innocuous and the hair returns to its former glory after the phase has passed.
- Anagen Effluvium - This type of hair loss is caused due to chemicals used to treat cancer. After the completion of the treatment, hair usually grows back to its normal state.
Related Tip: Top Causes of Hair Loss and Hair Thinning in Women?