Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rui Fernaandez
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rui FernaandezYour feedback matters!
I am 21 ye old. I am suffering from pimples on my face and also black spots on my face. My forehead also becoming black due to this summer. So, what are usual remedies to follow to get rid of this problems?
Hello, I am 34 years old. I Have pimples and pimples scars. I am taking treatment but to remove post pimples scar doctors suggested me to do chemical Pilling. Its very expensive treatment and it is not affordable for me. Could please suggest me how to remove pimples scars and get youthful glowing skin.
I have taken iron tonic for 1 week then I observed that my skin tone changed to dark and dull then I stopped it. I want my face complexion back .i should have to wait to get in normal position or reduce some blood by bloodletting or donating. Please help?
I am losing hair In quickly. And. I use many medication but. Non is effect. N I lose my hair in front surface In large amount. And. Its my big problem hair fall.
Hi, I had some red rashes skin problems over my face in past. Around 4-5 years back. I consult skin doctor and he suggested me metacortil- C cream for the Itchy red rashes. He said this happened due to some fungal infection. So I used that cream for so long because whenever I stop using that cream the same red itchy rashes appears on my face. The only way to get rid of the rashes is to use that cream. How can I get rid of that rashes and that medicine permanently. Please suggest.
Among one of the most common skin conditions that affect many people all over the world is Acne. It is not a harmful or a dangerous condition, but is usually a cosmetic problem and may also sometimes be a symptom of underlying conditions.
What is acne and what are its causes?
Human skin has follicles or pores in them through which hair comes out. The accumulation of a substance known as sebum within the pores of the human skin can sometimes clog these pores. When this accumulates, dead skin cells also get stuck in it and results in a swelling, which takes the form of a pimple like a crest due to bacterial infections. This condition is most prevalent among adolescents due to rapid hormonal changes in the body, although many adults and pre-adolescents have also reported this problem. Here are some common issues and lifestyle factors which make you prone to acne.
1. Hormonal imbalances – This is probably the most common reason cited for acne as adolescents tend to be afflicted by this problem. In many cases acne goes away on its own after sometimes although in other cases it does stay. In adults, especially women it has been noticed that certain hormonal changes in the body may act as acne triggers. Some of the examples of hormonal imbalances may be:
- PMS or period related triggers in adults and adolescent women
- High testosterone levels in women
- Excessive androgen in men and women
- Hormonal problems due to polycystic ovary syndrome and others
- Taking medicines or steroids that may cause hormonal changes
2. External factors such as using too much makeup – Excessive use of cosmetic products can cause issues within the skin by blocking the pores within the skin may induce acne, even if you do not have sebum related problems.
3. Diet – Research has proved that excessive oil consumption as well as having foods rich in fat can cause acne problems. Moreover, if you consume iodine in large quantities or for a long time, it results in irritation of the skin pores giving rise to acne.
4. Certain medications and drugs - Consumption of specific over the counter medicines like the ones containing bromide and use of recreational drugs like marijuana and cocaine can lead to the occurrence of acne as side effects.
5. Genetics - Certain genetic factors may also be responsible for someone being more prone to acne than others.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.