Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchira TendolkarYour feedback matters!
How can I help my teeth not to get into yellowish color. I am not feeling comfortable when talking to others. If any thing that cure this please let me know.
Hello sir I have a habit of chuing gutkha. So my mouth not opening fully any medicines for this problem. Please tell me how to solve my problem.
Hello Doctor, I have heard that when it burns use tooth paste on it so that it will not bulge. Is this true?
Having Gum problem. It's bleeding while brushing and roots are becoming weak. Pls let me know the best way to come out of this.
Fever Body pain & little pain in head More Saliva in mouth Tiredness Dizziness What I am suffering from if these are the symptoms I am going through? What should be done?
1) I want to know the best tooth paste among all brands which is really good for teeth. 2) I had a root knal one of my teeth, is there any better option that this operation?
doctor, I have my teeth colour is now yellow, what cause of this, and white dot on my teeth what can I do?
I have faced some pain in my upper teeth of right side of my mouth from yesterday and also some pain in left ear. Please give me some advice.
I have pain on my tooth on the right corner of upper jaw, since 4 days. I need to know why is this happening. I didn't have cavities.
I have open a glass bottle by teeth, and I am in a lot of pain. One of my molar teeth, is giving me trouble. What is the best tablet you, advice me to take?
My wife suffering from teeth pain, last teeth of row damaged (sadha hua, she taken medicine from local doctor when she take it feel better but after some time it again started She taken dolonex dt tablet for relief.
I am 18 years old. My teeths are not in proper shape. They are coming outwards. What should I do to correct this?
I brush everyday morning ANd I was use best in best toothpaste for my yellow teeth Any ayurvedic medicine for decrease my yellow teeth?
I have cavity in my teeth. What should I do? I have done with route canal but the iz out back. Filling iz remaining but now a days its slightly pain in teeth.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.