Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi H BhanushaliYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, I am dealing with issues of sensitivity in 4 lower front teeth. Since 7-8 years after I got RCT of my 2 upper front teeth. The enamel of my tooth get eroded by drilling machine when RCT of my upper teeth was going on. What should have do now?
Good evening sir/madam. I am 19 years old and I am smoking since 3 years. I want to know how will smoke effect if Someone has great immunity. From 2 years past My mouth has attacked by tiny odd wrinkles below my tongue and at the right side of the tongue and the area where corner teeth are present. I have consulted this to doctor twice they said that it is normal need not to worry. But it feels the presence of wrinkles. Can I show these wrinkles to you? Thanks and answer about that immunity question .
Sir I am having pirea in my teeth and daily while doing brush blood comes out from gums so please tell me anything to cure this?
When I was much younger I had braces twice to correct my overbite. The orthodontist recommended orthognathic surgery, but my parents felt I was too young and I was too young to make my own decision. Now I am 23 years old and am unhappy with my overbite. I am seriously considering orthognathic surgery but I do not want to have braces again. I had them for 7 years and do not want them. Is it possible to have the surgery without braces?
Hello Doctor i have teeth problem as usual a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth and a little awkward smell as well what should i do? please give me the solutions
Hi, I am 24 years old I had all test like HIV hsv vdrl hpv and many more, Mouth sore always, I quit smoking from last 4 months back, sexually active from last 5 years, kidney stones also got now taking treatment, what's the causes please help me.
Hi I am 23 old male. I have habit of chewing tobacco. Daily I will use one sachet. Now a days I am not feeling hungry. My mind is in inconsistent mood. I have heavy gastritce. Mainly stomach. And mouth ulcers. Please suggest me
My mouth got sore in the right cheek around wisdom teeth. It is really painful. The area is not red but white in colour. Been using ORASORE ointment. It gives short relief but the pain is back. Unable to eat properly. Its been a week already. Please help. I have pictures if you want to see.
I am 24 years male, after cleaning my tongue with brush while i'm spiting out I will see blood coming out with saliva, is it a Major problem should I consult my family doctor please suggest me what I can I do.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.