Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rucha PatilYour feedback matters!
I have a cronic problem which i am facing since last 5years. My mouth diameter is reduced so much in that i can not even pass my single finger. In short,the space between my upper and lower teeth is reduced to the 10 mm(1cm). I have been chewing gutkha since i was 18 years old and right now i am almost 42years old. In past two years i got two big ulcers behind my molar tooth and i had done biopsy of all two ulcers. Both reports were normal. One dentist suggested me to remove ulcer by laser and i was gone through that treatment. But at present,my problem become so worse that i can not eat a thing bigger than 1 cm in diameter. One oral surgeon suggest me to do an oral flap surgery. So my question is that will it be benificial to me? Is there any other option rathere than gone through the surgery. I am afaid of such big surgery. Once i was taken to the operation theatet,but my blood pressure became lower so much and surgery could not be performed. And tell me something about flap surgery. How long will it take to complete surgery? Since how long i will have to maintain certain care taking steps of my buccal mucosa? And what is the success rate of such surgery?
I have a dental problem which is paining very much due to having sweet food but I have also done root canal but still not recovered.
Tongue and Ceiling of my mouth always feels dry like cotton from past nearly one year. I smoke two cigarettes daily not more than that. Few days back one of my dentist friend observed that this is smoker's palate but I am not convinced as I am not a chain smoker. Please suggest what should be done to treat this problem. I never feel comfortable.
I am getting bad smell through my mouth while speaking kindly suggest suitable medicine to avoid smells.
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores.