Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruby TandonYour feedback matters!
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hair fall is my major problem I tried my level by changing the shampoo and home made Ayurveda oil also but no result the density of hair is decreased hair is not.
I have pimples on my face and also have some dark circles on my forehead. I don't use any facewash or soap and cream. Please suggest me a facewash and else. The another problem is I am loosing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else I can do. Can you please help me with this.
Hello sir, i don't had beard hair or mustache hair, my age was 25. please help me to cure this problem.
He was suffering from hair loss not only in head entire body mean eyebrows, eyelashes, chest hair etc. He had already taken Minoxidil Medication. It works but after few month same thing happen.
DON'T IGNORE IT.
Use them and prevent hair fall.
This ingredient has several benefits for your hair. Not only does it promote hair growth, but also conditions it. It has essential fats, minerals and proteins which reduce hair breakage and is also rich in potassium and iron. You can use coconut oil or milk to prevent hair fall.
Warm a bit of coconut oil and massage it from your hair root to tip.
Wash after one hour.
Or, grate a coconut and squeeze out its milk by mixing in a little water.
Apply it on the area where you notice thinning or balding.
Let it stay overnight and wash off the next morning.
2. Onion juice
Onion is a rich source of sulphur which helps in hair growth by increasing collagen production. Using its juice on the scalp can help in controlling hair fall. Did you know these onion health benefits?
Chop one onion finely and squeeze out its juice.
Apply the juice on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes.
Now rinse with a mild shampoo and let your hair air dry.
Use this twice a week to see results.
Like onion, garlic too has high sulphur content. This is the reason why it is used in traditional hair regrowth medicines. You’d be surprised to know these beauty benefits of garlic.
Crush a few cloves of garlic.
Add coconut oil to it and boil the mixture for a few minutes.
Let it cool down a bit and then massage it on your scalp.
You can leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
Do this two times in a week.
It is mostly used as a natural hair colour or conditioner but henna has properties that can strengthen your hair from the root. If you combine it with other ingredients, it makes for a better hair pack.
Take 250 ml of mustard oil in a tin can and add 60g of washed and dried henna leaves.
Now boil the mixture the leaves burn and then filter the oil.
Massage your scalp with it on a regular basis and store the rest in an airtight bottle.
You can make another henna pack by mixing dry henna powder with curd.
Apply it on scalp and hair and wash off after one hour.
Also called shoe flower, hibiscus nourishes hair, prevents premature greying, treats dandruff and also controls hair fall.
Crush a few flowers and mix sesame or coconut oil to make a paste.
Apply on the scalp and hair and leave it on for a few hours.
Rinse off with cold water using a mild shampoo.
6. Amla or Indian gooseberry
For people suffering from hair fall, amla or the Indian gooseberry is a blessing. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can reverse hair loss if it is in its initial stage.
Use either amla juice or powder and mix it with lemon juice.
Apply it on the scalp and leave it to dry.
Rinse hair using lukewarm water.
Egg has several ingredients that can prevent or control hair fall. It is a rich source of sulphur and has phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein. All these promote hair growth.
Take the white of one egg and mix in a teaspoon of olive oil.
Beat to give a paste-like consistency and apply to the entire scalp and hair.
Keep it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with cool water and a mild shampoo.