Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roshu Shetty
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Roshu ShettyYour feedback matters!
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
The uterus is an organ situated in the pelvis of a female. It is hollow and is usually called the womb where child conception takes place. The uterus functions to help in developing the foetus until birth. Abnormal cell growth that consists of uterine tissues causes uterine cancer.
Although the exact reason for uterine cancer is not known, the risk factors usually can be seen in women with hyperplasia, obese women, and women who have never had kids. Common signs and indications of uterine cancer are unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge, pain while urinating and having sex, and pelvic pains.
Bases upon the sort and phase of cancer, and also your concerns about fertility, there are a number of uterine cancer surgical methods, including the following:
Hysterectomy: The primary focus is an operation to remove the uterus and cervix. At the point when the uterus is removed through a cut in the abdomen, it is known as a total abdominal hysterectomy. In case that the uterus is removed through the vagina, it is known as a vaginal hysterectomy.
Radical Hysterectomy: A radical hysterectomy will be necessary for only a small percentage of women since several better surgical options exist already. This kind of uterine cancer surgery includes removing the uterus, cervix and ovaries and the majority of the encompassing tissue (the parametria) and the upper part of the vagina.
Lymphadenectomy: The lymph nodes in the pelvis may likewise be removed. Your specialist may evacuate the lymph nodes as a component of a hysterectomy to deal with cancer and build up a more focused approach for the uterine cancer treatment plan.
Pelvic Exenteration: For women with repetitive or advanced uterine cancer, pelvic exenteration might be an alternative. During this kind of cancer surgery, the uterus, cervix, vagina, ovaries, bladder, rectum and surrounding lymph nodes are removed. Tissue from somewhere else in the body is used to recreate the vagina and urine and stools are passed into external packs.
Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping: Sentinel lymph node mapping (SLN) might be utilised as a part of early-stage cancer if your specialist can see from the X-ray results that there has been no undeniable spread of cancer to the lymph nodes in your pelvis. In this surgery, a blue dye is infused into the zone with cancer, which is usually close to the cervix. The lymph nodes that turn blue are removed during surgery.
- Omentectomy: The omentum is a layer of greasy tissue that covers the stomach contents like an apron. Cancer at times tends to spread to this tissue. At the point when this tissue is removed, it is called an omentectomy. This might be done during a hysterectomy if cancer has spread there or to check for possible cancer spread.
After surgery if the stage comes beyond stage 1 then patients need Radiotherapy by an oncologist.
Irregular periods in 3 years and I have thyroid problem also so take thyronorm 25mcr tablets but no use please give me any suggestions for me I try all pills and corcese also but no use.
Doctor Prescribed Fosavance 70 mg/5600 IU (Alendronic Acid (70 mg, Vitamin D3 (5600IU)) and told not to eat anything & sleep after taking it for 40 minutes. I want to know why such restrictions for taking this medicine?
My wife has 3 times abortion including one ectopic pregnancy last year. This time we have done folicular study for 04 months and finally she conceived. Her lmp was 16/04/15. We have done hcg count day before yesterday and it was 31056, eight days before it was 2810. See suddenly noticed last night slight red dropping in her underwear. Since she had three times abortion with same kind of spoting I am very much worried. Every time hcg was never so high, last miscarriage hcg was 1021, but now hcg being so high at 6th week but stil there is spotting. Please advice urgently. We are going for usg today evening. Thanks.
Simple Home Remedies to get rid of itchy scalp
Dry itchy scalp can be a nuisance, especially when you get that itchy feeling in the presence of someone or when white flakes become visible in your hair or on your shoulders. Caused by various reasons such as dandruff, dryness of the scalp, poor care of the hair, viral or fungal infections, poor diet, sebaceous cysts or even stress, itchy scalp can be a big embarrassment. However, you can get rid of this itchy scalp with these simple remedies:
Lemon has antiseptic properties and proves highly effective in treating itchiness especially the one caused by dandruff.
- Apply lemon juice directly on the scalp for 5-7 minutes and then rinse
- Use diluted lemon juice if you do not have dandruff
- Or you can add yogurt to the lemon juice before applying. Use a mild shampoo to rinse after that.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can work wonderfully for itchy scalp since it helps to get rid of the fungus and virus that may be the reason for itchiness. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that also balances the scalp’s pH balance helping to relieve dryness and itching.
- In a spray bottle, take equal amounts of water and vinegar and use it to spray directly on your slightly wet scalp or apply with the help of cotton balls
- Shampoo your hair after some time
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a good moisturizer and can help you to get rid of itching and dryness of the scalp.
- Rub the gel with your fingers directly on the scalp
- After 10-15 minutes, use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair and scalp
4. Onion Juice with Banana and Honey
Onion juice is a powerful remedy for itching. Honey too works incredibly to get rid of itchiness.
- Add some onion juice along with a mashed ripe banana to 2 tablespoons of honey and mix thoroughly
- Apply on the scalp and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Shampoo your hair afterwards to get rid of the white flakes and itchiness
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like Eucalyptus, Lavender and Neem also work well for relieving itching of the scalp.
- Mix equal portions of the 3 together and apply on the scalp
- Wash after an hour to get a relaxing feel apart from relief from itching and dryness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'