Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Roshu Chetan ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have an irregular period and intercourse was done nearly very close to the date of periods. The 2 nd and the 3 rd semen was consumed. What are the symptoms of pregnancy. Is the chances to get pregnant very less? And when does fertilisation occur and when is it okay to find the accurate pregnancy result. What's the percentage of getting pregnant as the semen consumed wasn't removed after intercourse.
I feel too much pain since 2-3 days before started my period and during the period I feel normal. Is it harmful to get pregnant? Also I want to get pregnant. please advise me that when should I have done intercourse to get pregnant successfully?
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
TOP 12 BENEFITS OF PAPAYA
Papaya is tropical fruit.
- Anticarcinogenic property: Papaya is a good source of, phytonutrients, antioxidants, and flavonoids which prevent cancer
- Prevents cholesterol oxidation: Papaya prevents the oxidation of cholesterol as it contains antioxidants.
- Prevent lung inflammation:. Papayas have Vitamin A, which prevents lung inflammation.
- Helps in arginine production: Dried papaya boosts endocrine system and helps to form arginine in the body.
- High fiber content: High dietary fiber in papaya absorbs toxins in the colon that prevent cancer and helps in bowel movement.
- Relief of menstrual cramps: Papain in papaya regulates menstrual flow and ease a cramp.
- Weight reduction: Papaya has only 120 calories. It will help you to lose weight,
- Prevent muscular degeneration: It contains carotenoid and vitamin A, C, E which prevent age-related muscular degeneration.
- Benefits in diabetes Papaya have low glycemic index, vitamins, and phytonutrients which prevent heart disease and diabetes.
- Anti-aging property: Papaya is the good source of vitamin E, vitamin c, beta carotene which prevents aging.
- Anti-stress agents: Vitamin c of papaya, which lowers the stress level,
- Immunity booster: Papaya is packed with antioxidants which help to boost immunity.
I'm 34 years old. Since 1 month I'm experiencing excess white discharge and pain during urinating and sometimes itching. Please give some suggestion.
I am 25 years female and 4 months pregnant. Have been having heavy vaginal bleeding since 2months. Scan says placenta is 2cm above cervix. Advised bed rest till my delivery. Does it set right later in pregnancy and what care should I take now?
My wife got uterus operation is their any tablet to increase sex mood. She is not interested in sex because she will get pain it seems. So I can not control my sex Desire so what can I do tel me sir.
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome lifestyle diseases
I take a medicine that was unwanted 72 and after that I had heavy period but from last 4 month I have no period so please.
I am facing problem in my vagina that something very sticky (white color) coming out. I don't know what exactly is this but because of this I feel pain in stomach and waist. Please help me out.
Hello sir or mam, I am in the starting of 9th month pregnancy from 1st dec. I had gone for routine check up on 30. And doctor that fetal heart beat getting low as90 pm and sometimes it's normal then I took an ultrasound that was normal. Till 30 nov. Afternoon I was feeling proper movement of baby in my Womb. But from 1st December movements have been reduced so I am worried about it. Can you pls tell me the solution of my worries.
The summers are at their peak already with the blazing sun and soaring temperatures and what's frightening is that this is just the beginning. All one can think of in this heat is to grab something cool that rejuvenates one's senses. One of the best ways to do this is to prepare yourself some refreshing icy drinks.
Well, before you settle for the calorie dense colas or boring plain water, try out these easy to make and low on calories summer drinks that will surely quench your thirst:
1. Watermelon fizz
Apart from the stimulating taste it naturally has, watermelon juice is very good for kidneys and eyes. It has 90% water and thus you don't need to worry about the calories. It is also very high in fiber which is an add- on health benefit.
How to prepare
Blend the watermelon in a mixer jar and add some crushed ice to it. Avoid straining the blended mixture as you will lose on the fiber. The best part is you do not need to add any sweetener! you may want to add some salt and mint leaves for a different sweet- salty flavor. Add some soda water and your watermelon fizz is ready.
Calorie count: 30 kcal/glass
2. Aam Panna
One of the most relished summer drink for mango lovers is aam panda. It is rich in vitamin c and iron and has antioxidants too which heightens your metabolism rate. Aam Panna keeps you well hydrated and thus prevents heat stroke.
How to prepare
Pressure cook raw mangoes (3-4 whistles) and peel them off to remove the pulp. Blend the pulp in a jar and mix salt, cumin seeds (jeera), black pepper to it. Avoid adding sugar to it but if you really want it sweet, use alternatives to sugar like artificial sweeteners. Store the mixture in a jar in the refrigerator. Add 1/ 2 tsp in a glass, add chilled water and ice and top it up with mint leaves.
Calorie count: 40 kcal/glass
3. Sparkling plum soda
Plums are known for assisting in weight loss owing to the plentiful antioxidants and fiber they possess. It also keeps you full for long which cuts down your overall caloric intake. It is profusely rich in essential nutrients like vitamin a, c, k and iron, calcium, magnesium.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 plums, cut them into pieces and blend in a jar in a processor. Add artificial sweeteners to the pureed mixture and blend again. Stain the mixture through a sieve using the back of a spoon. Fill 4 glasses up to half with the strained juice. Add soda water and crushed ice to each and relish the drink to your heart's full.
Calorie count:- 120-150 kcal/glass
4. Fizzy peach punch
Peaches are the low-calorie summer fruits that offer a treasure of zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. They have a good amount of dietary fiber and have no saturated fats.
How to prepare
For 4 glasses, take 8-10 peaches, cut them into pieces and blend them in a jar to form a puree. Strain the puree through a strainer and obtain the nectar in a jar. Take 1-2 tsp of peach nectar in a glass and fill it up with soda water. Add some artificial sweeteners according to your taste. Squeeze half a lemon into it. You may want to experiment by adding 1 tsp of ginger juice for a sharp and pungent flavor! add crushed ice and serve.
Caloric count: 80 kcal/glass
5. Strawberry lemonade slush
Strawberries bring freshness and add a vibrant color to any drink or dessert they are added to. They have bountiful antioxidants and are a wonderful source of vitamin c. They also have high fiber content are loaded with manganese, iodine, potassium and biotin.
How to prepare
Take about 20-30 strawberries and cut them into small pieces to blend in a jar until smooth. Add some lemon juice to it and one cup of water. Add some artificial sweeteners to add some sweet flavor. Blend well. Freeze this mixture for 3-4 hours till it turns into slush. Add 1/4th cup of this slush mixture to a glass, top it up with soda water and some ginger juice. Enjoy the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
Caloric count: 90- 100 kcal/glass.