Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoshanYour feedback matters!
I am 56 years old male. I have pain in my knee joints and I want to loose my weight and reduce belly (stomach). Can I take boiled sprouts - Moong, Chana, Moth every day in breakfast or dinner? What should be ideal quantity of this? Some people say that excess of protein results in joints pain. Is it true? What should I take in evening snacks? My weight is 74 kg height 5'3".I also have high cholesterol, enlarged prostate, 6 mm stone in Kidney. Hence pls advice me the suitable vegetarian diet, and what food items not to be taken.
I am a 23 years old male and having cold and cough after every two months and having it right now too. Also a patient of Hypothyroidism with increasing weight and knee pain. What should I do?
My brother is 14 years old. He told daily head ache. Some body says no strength in his body. For what reason and how to cure?
I have gas problem with constipation I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
Sir very good afternoon sir my mom have sugar so please tell me what to eating so please tell me sir.
Will there still be sperm inside me from all the time my boyfriend has been coming in me will it just stay there for as long as it takes for a egg to get released then will it swim to the egg to hatch to make a baby as I'm scared I forget when it day for my egg to release then I won't have sex that day then I won't get pregnant but I thought there still be cum in there from all the times he has been coming in me just waiting for when a egg does get released and if I don't go to toilet for while then it won't come out when I goto toilet will it.
I find my penis much tilted towards left especially when its erected. I don't know whether it affects intercourse. During blowjobs I feel a lot of pain. I feel much comfortable when the tip of the penis is under the skin but it does come on top of skin once erected or during blowjob. I also find a tiny balloon type structure on top of my penis made from the top skin layer. Its since childhood. Any help will be appreciated and if further clarification is required I am available anytime.
Sir, when I go to latrine some amount of blood passing through the Ass with slightly pain give me solution please tell why it's happening.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.
Hello doctor, my friend has a stammering problem and it rises day by day. What should he do? Suggest please.
Dr. ne bola h penis artery kmjor ho gyi h jisse blood flow ache se ni ho paa rha aap log koi medicine suggest kijiye jiske lene s m jldi se jld recover ho pau . I hope Dr. sir aap help krenge.
I am 28 year old bachelor male. I feel always drowsy and have flatulence problem. However I feel my food digest easily as I get hunger properly. I drink water in ample amount. And I do not have any bad habit.
I am suffering from headache from last one month. When I going to night study my headache is started.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.