Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
My wife got urine problem it occurs within 5 min can't control her no blood pressure no sugar I have checked what should I do or which doctor consult either MD or urologist her age is 37 and weigh t is 99 kg.
I am feeling bearable pain in coccyx after long time sitting. Stool accumulated in rectum causes slight more pain.
Hi I am 25 years old my creatinine serum was. 98 before 1.5 years ago and 1.2 before 1 year ago and now it is 1.3. Whats its indicate there is any thing to worry.
I am 23years old and I feel weakness and my digestion system week so back to back go toilet and my weat loss my heath regularly back. Pleas help me.
I am 37 years old, I have had kidney stone 6 mm since 5 years back, right now I don't have any issues, only frequent urination occurring sometimes and I have low body weight only 42 kgs. I am worried about my health. Kindly suitable suggest. thanks.
I was having 4-5mm stone in left kidney, and I am taking k-2, potassium citrate syrup for last 2 months. At this time I am having no pain at all. Is this means that stone has gone out, also this time I am having 3-4 rbc's in urine. What does this indicates.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month k am having frequent urination problem. Bone and muscle pain. Numbness and tingling in hands and feet and in every body part. I had my vitamin b12 test .it came 185pg/ml. . .the normal reference range is 180 -914. Is it normal 185 or I am in lower range due to which I am having numbness and tingling in body? ,
I have urinary infection am 29 years old, its painful while urinating, and can feel pain while sitting also. Uneasiness, urge of urination makes me uneasy. Please let me now which medicine I can take asap.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I am 62 yrs old, healthy person no major issues like hyper tension, cholesterol, joint pains, etc etc. Regular to gym and workout about 60 minutes or more in six days in a week. Last 10 days suffering from frequent urination during night and flow is also not smooth, interepted flow. What could be the possible reason for this, not consulted any one so far
Pain in urethra and burning sensation while urinating .only in night the pain is occurring while rest of the day it is normal.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.