Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roop Kumar Gurshani
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Roop Kumar GurshaniYour feedback matters!
The point of doing a work out is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well-balanced work out. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve well-paced warm up sessions with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose, ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a work out? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumb bell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual work out that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do the animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am having tingling sensation and numbness in my hands n fingers since a day, it has been often since two months. Having hashimoto thyroiditis. I am taking 125micromg eltroxin tab. Recent tsh was 9.3. What is the reason behind this weakness and tingling sensation of hands and fingers that persists for long. Together with this I feel drowsy also, sum times. CBC, ESR, create, URINE TEST, ANA TEST all are Normal.
I am suffering from numbness/burning sensation in my feet since long. My Vitamin D result is 19.4, vitamin B12 645.0 and Blood sugar Fasting 105 and PP 121. Please advise me treatment. I am 63 years of age.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.