Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Sir I have tooth pain due to cavity between two teeth mention how can I proceed to cure cavity give me suggestions please I am type 2 diabetic.
Have developed mouth ulcer due to toothbrush accidentally. Its been 4 5 dqys they are not healed. What can I do to heal them fast?
One of my lower tooth is shaking after taking a X-ray it is known that it is due to bone loss . Need to know the way forward
She have lot of problem in teeth. Some teeth become black in colour. Sum r damage. She is just 24 years old. What should she do.
I have a bleeding gums. Whenever I brushed my teeth. It starts bleeding my mouth is full of blood. Whn I spit its oll red. Most of the time I have smell of it. Suggest me plz.
Sir I am 26 year old girl. I have dental issue. My two upper front tooth are outward. Is it possible I can change it with a small treatment and in low budget. Please do reply. Thanks.
I am 21 age men. Whenever I speak my neighbor saying something bad smell is coming from your mouth. How to stop that bad smell from mouth.
I have increased cavity in my two teeth, because a slightly small piece at the joint of two teeth is broken up. Food directly ingrresses into cavity and causes pain. Please suggest me remedial action.
I had an abscess in the gum. So doctor started root canal but before root canal he said infection should be cured. So he opened my tooth so that pus could come out. When the abscess was nearly gone then he checked via X Ray and saw infection in tooth (there was no or little abscess or cynus). Now he has done a metapex filling and told me to wait for 3 weeks till infection subsides. Again abscess is visible on next day Is it okay?
Hello doctor. I have a yellow tooth at front remaining all white. Please suggest how can I make it white.
I have acne skin and my skin has lost its shinning. I want glowing skin and acne free face. My teeth are also not so shinning.
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.