Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit C AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter is 22 months old she left mothers milk just. 1 week before but now she is not eating or drinking anything. We struggle a lot for many hours to feed very very little 2 or 3 swallow food. Please advise as we are very worried.
My baby is 8 months old. She s very lean. Addition to mother's milk am giving her formula feed also. But she never drink. So am giving her when she's asleep. Is it good??
Doctor only suggested me to use Venusia max cream on my 1 month baby. Can I use it or shall I use dermadew cream.
She is 5 years old looking so dull not taking food properly. Weight and height is also low. Looking cute but not bright. what should I do?
Hello Doctors , My son new born with 2 months now and we are using for bottle feeding with similar 1 advance because my wife is not having enough breast milk so my question here is that which is the best feeding bottle we can buy and what is the process for cleaning the bottle and nipple. Kindly suggest your valuable responses. Thanks
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
5 Tips on How to Talk to Your Child About Sex for the First Time
You may find it very uncomfortable to talk to your child about sex for the first time, but it’s a parenting skill you need to acquire. Encouraging your child to discuss their sex-related queries with you will ensure that they don’t pick up wrong information from undesirable sources, or conceive notions that might affect their overall behaviour.
Moreover, it will also strengthen the bond between you and your child. Here are some effective tips that will make it easier for you to talk with your child about sex.
1. Be confident
First of all ensure that you have all the facts correctly arranged in your mind. Do some research, if necessary. Set a specific plan beforehand on how you intend to solve your child’s sex related queries. Always remember the fact you are your child’s role model and you need to have the correct knowledge to educate your child about sex. Face all the questions asked by your child confidently, without letting him/her sense your discomfort.
2. Use proper anatomical terms
Use the actual anatomical terms while referring to the various body parts, like vagina or penis for example. If you use any indirect word or expression to convey your message, the child will sense your embarrassment in talking about certain body parts. This will create a wrong impression in the mind of the child about sex from the beginning. You can use humour as a tool to overcome your discomfort while talking. Moreover, this will also help your child to open up easily.
3. Don’t project sex as a bad thing
It is very important to convey the idea to your children that sex is not an act of sin, but it is regarded as a sin only when misused, like rape or sexual abuse. Encourage them to accept the fact that the occurrence of changes in their body with the onset of puberty is completely normal. Also convey that these changes are a positive way of making them a complete human being.
4. Teach your children the importance of sexual purity
Enrich your children with values like loyalty, respect and love. Teach them the importance of remaining faithful to their partner and treating their partner with love and care. Motivate them to resist peer pressure and not to embrace infidelity.
5. Set healthy boundaries
Set boundaries for your children carefully and make them understand why you did so. For example, convey that their modesty should be reflected from their appearance and behaviour because that is the best they can do to respect their own bodies. Moreover, put specific guidelines on what type of media your child is allowed to watch and tell him/her that it is a way to respect and let his/her thoughts grow. Gradually, when your children start showing mature reactions to these guidelines, allow them to make their own choices and give them more personal space.
My newborn baby is 5 days old and suffering with jaundice of 14.8. Please guide me the therapy, I am so worried.
My baby fingering his ear from last 1 month. Even I have given Betnesol-N Please advise what should I do.
Hi Doctor, I am from bangalore. I have twins baby (boys) now 6 months old. One baby is a normal color, but second baby is some dark color, so I just want to improve his skin tone color, so what your suggesting. Any way to changing the skin tone like soap, or any creams, kindly refer some ideas.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Sometimes, during consumption of certain food items many children get itchy throat, eyes, ears, asthma, sneezing, rashes, diarrhea and eczema. This can be due to food intolerance in children. It is a form of allergic disease in children. Every 1 out of 10 children suffer from food intolerance. These days, food allergies are becoming more and more common in children who are allergic to nuts, milk and eggs. In some cases it can also be life threatening. This condition is known as anaphylaxis. Milk and egg allergies are more common throughout the world.
Symptoms of food intolerance:
Your bowels start becoming irritable.
Stomach starts to ache.
Cough and cold is a common symptom.
Causes of food intolerance in children:
There are enzymes in your body, which help you to digest the food you consume. Some enzymes in your body are insufficient; which further causes food intolerance in children. For instance, lactose intolerance causes spasms, stomach aches, diarrhea and so on so forth.
Food intolerance can also be caused due to chemicals, such as chemicals present in coffee, tea, cheese and chocolates.
Some food products can also cause food intolerance such as undercooked beans containing aflatoxins can cause extreme stomach infections in children.
Some children are also intolerant to certain food products which have salicylates such as majority of fruits, vegetables, herbs and also additives. Processed food contains a high amount of salicylates.
Children can be allergic to antioxidants like artificial food coloring, artificial flavoring and preservatives.
What to do if you think your child has food intolerance?
Take your child for a skin prick test. In this test, the skin is pricked with a thin needle and when the blood oozes out, supplements of different food products are put in that area. If that particular area becomes reddish and begins to itch, your child has allergy to that certain food product
A blood test should be done. It verifies the level of lgE present in your blood and finds out if your child is suffering from food intolerance or not. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My Baby age is 4.2 Month old and she is still under 5 kg, I have concerned about below issue 1.) Not gaining weight 2.) Too much urine a day (Normal colour) 3.) Potty colour is green I am worried and please suggest
My son is 18 months old, suddenly started limping. Not able to stand also. Was having loose motion prior 4 days? Kindly suggest.
My nephew is 11 months old. When he was born both kidneys are differing in size and doctors mentioned it is not a problem. But from 2 weeks he is suffering from fever irregularly. So we got blood and urine and found there is urine infection. We got the ultrasound of kidney again and there is still the difference. Is that causing this urine infection? Attached the new scan reports.
Cough and cold are very daunting diseases for anyone out there. Especially for people who have a tendency of catching cold easily. Nobody likes to have a runny nose, vigorous cough and fever. But all these symptoms occur when anyone suffers from cough and cold. However, the symptoms get doubled when anyone suffers with Whooping cough. Though any kind of chronic cough can be severe enough but whooping cough is the most panic striking among them all.
What is whooping cough?
Whooping cough begins with a little respiratory illness and includes runny nose, relentless cough. In later stages a development of vivid, copious mucus with the cough and the whoop sound while coughing develops. Whooping cough can be treated safely. If we look at the homeopathic treatment, there are various remedies for whooping cough. But first and foremost, it is very important to boost your immunity. Good immunity helps you to recover faster. Next you need to add nutrition to your diet, which are very important for your health. So intake green veggies and fruits as much as you can. Talking about the homeopathy treatment, yes there are some common homeopathic medicines available, which are prescribed for whooping cough. However, it depends upon individuals and their condition as to which one would be prescribed.
Listed are homeopathic medicines for whooping cough:
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed if anyone suffers with scanty and prolific cough along with difficulties in chest or lung. The patient may get mucus with cough, but it hardly comes out. As a result, the patient might end up vomiting in an effort to expel the mucus. The cough can be worse in this case, and the patient might feel breathless often. This medicine is prescribed in such a condition when the chest is filled with mucus, but it barely comes out.
- Drosera: This medicine is prescribed when a person experiences convulsions of coughing and ends up having cyanosis and shortness of breathing. The cough will be worse, especially at night, and the patient may end up vomiting. There is a chance of getting cramps in feet and hands while coughing.
- Belladona: This is a very common medicine for whooping cough, which is usually prescribed in the early feverish stages of whooping cough. If taken properly, it can be effective in terms of curing the illness.
Mostly in the coughing stage, patients may face violent cough with red nose and bulging out of eyes, there can be abdominal pain too. Severe irritation in larynx and headache too are noticed in this period. All the above mentioned homeopathic medicines are likely to be used in treating whooping cough infection. However, it is advised to consult a homeopathic doctor before starting any treatment.