Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit C AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I have a child. 1year old. Thru c-section. But my pelvic muscles are not supporting properly during intercourse. Due to this my partner also not interested. please suggest something to improve my condition. As well as to improve his sexual interest. Is any surgery require to improve my situation.
Hi sir, my son have continuous cough since January 30. I consult doctor and gave medicine but still he suffer a lot. What is the way to control this? Pls.
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms.
Hello doctor, my baby is due for his 10th week vaccination. We were planning to give him the painful dose in the 6th week with pneumococcal as well as rotavirus vaccines. In a hurry I answered a yes for the painless one in the 6th week and have been feeling guilty since then. I wanted to switch to the painful one but 2-3 pediacs said it's better I don't. I wanted to know why is it so? Also wanted to know if the free vaccinations offered as per the NHM are safe or the ones given in private clinics are better? - concerned mother.
Hello Doctors, Our friend having 3 months boy baby (Pre Mature Baby) and we are observing like past 4 days he is having issue with MOTION like unable to deliver motion so kindly request you to suggest. Tomorrow we are planning to consult pediatric doctor parallel. Thanks.
My 3 week old baby falls asleep during feedings and just won't burp. I hold him upright for up to half an hour while patting her back pretty well. He is drinking both formula and breast milk (both from the bottle). At times he will burp twice and I lay her down, he gets uncomfortable and cries a little, I pick her up and he burps again. I have to do this every 5 to 10 minutes sometimes. Often he will demand more milk when he looks uncomfortable from what seems like gas as he does pass gas after squirming and crying some. Tell me what to do. ?
Hi My baby girl 3mnth 6 days old. So baby ko kab se cerelac or homemade rice & dal mixture khela sakte please 4th mnths running hai so food chat bolye na baby ke liye. Thanks.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Choosing homeopathy to cure bronchitis
Bronchitis is a respiratory disease where people cough up thick mucus. Bronchitis can either be acute or chronic, with the most common cause of bronchitis being either viral or bacterial infection. Acute bronchitis improves within a few days with proper medications. On the other hand, chronic bronchitis is a serious condition causing constant irritation in the linings of bronchial tubes. The most commonly visible signs of bronchitis are a cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest discomfort and slight fever and chills. Exposure to excessive pollutants and smoking can cause chronic bronchitis.
How homeopathy can help you in treating bronchitis
Bronchitis can be treated with the help of homeopathy, which can be instrumental in providing relief, thereby improving your quality of life. In fact, homeopathy can be your best option for treating both the forms of bronchitis, as it offers significant relief from the symptoms as well as helps in improving your health in totality.
In the case of acute bronchitis, homeopathy can shorten the duration of the illness to a great extent. When a patient is on the homeopathic treatment he/she experiences a marked reduction in toxicity as well. For the management of an acute attack of bronchitis, the prescribed homeopathic medicines may have to be taken at shorter intervals, after every few hours.
Chronic bronchitis, though contagious, can be treated by homeopathy as well. The symptoms of chronic bronchitis can be significantly improved by homeopathic remedies. It can even aid the patient in quitting smoking.
The most important aspect of homeopathy treatment in the management of bronchitis is that the medicine works very fast and does not leave you weak and drained at the end of the infection. Homeopathic treatment can also help to prevent complications such as pneumonia, respiratory failure, right sided heart failure (the one that affects the right side of your heart), emphysema, etc.
Homeopathic medicines come without any side effects and are non-addictive. Also, there is no problem in administering the medicines to any patient irrespective of age; therefore, it's a safer choice to opt for homeopathy for the treatment of bronchitis.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
My son age is 8 months old. He is suffering from cold and cough, but no fever he is active. I have one more doubt he is passing green colour motion. But he is active n free motion, he is no crying, but why passing green colour stool. Pls I need suggestion. And cough n cold pls prescribe any medication.
My daughter is 12 years old she is suffering with cough since birth and her weight is 22 kg.Kindly advise?
My child's age is 11 years he has fever, vomiting, stomach and body pain from 4 days and we have showed on 15/07/2015 to Dr., she has prescribed ibugesic plus and given injection, but nothing has cured, next morning we have visited to colombia asia hospital, after every tests, doctor has confirmed about dengue fever and his plate cells are 141000 and doctors has injected one small bottle injection and one big bottle on 16/07/2015 at 11: 30 am in casualty ward, we have requested regarding admission because we don't want to take any risk regarding our child's life, they explain us (in seven days dengue fever plate cells will increasing and digress, if lower level has touches counts of the plate cells then only we suggest for admission nothing to worry, just make daily blood test twice for counts of plate cells and take daily medicines which we have prescribed) doctor has sent with injected needle in wrist and from same day 07: 00 pm to 09: 45 pm had loose motion 7 times, again I have contact to hospital and explain to duty doctor, he suggested nothing to worry, it's a part of the curing we have given the injections that is coming out and if any infection in the stomach it will cure properly my request to all doctors please suggest, we have to do running treatment is enough or we have to proceed for other treatment.
My daughter 3 years and 9 months. She was suffering from cold and cough. Especially at nights. We made all tests and doctor says some asthmatic related problem and giving antibiotics, and we are using them from 2 years. She has not recovered. Even heart related check up also done. Doctor says while she grows she will recover, as she has nothing wrong in her health. But the cold and cough were suffering her lot, especially at nights. What we have to do.
Hi doctors, my baby is 3 months old, he is having severe diaper rashes. I almost applied every possible thing (diaper rash cream, diaper rash powder, coconut oil). Please help.
My kid is having dry cough. He vomited just now. And he is having cold feet n cold hands. His head is hot. What should I do?
My 3.3 Years Son remains constipated. He does not passes stool daily. Though we offer him dalia, papaya and fruits, less milk with high sugar. On daily basis but he resist to pass stool or even sit on his potty seat. He sits there plays and get down. Because of which he is low on appetite and remains full most of the time without eating. Please advise how to deal with this? We started giving him loose syrup also 5ml twice daily still it is difficult to make him sit and concentrate to discharge stool. Dnt want to put him on too much medicine for this. Can anyone help on this please or this is a normal stage for toddlers?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.