Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit BejalYour feedback matters!
Please. Tell me the name of medicine by which I can get quick periods by aborting 25 days pregnancy.
I had unsafe sex n next day I had an ipill. Next month my periods were 5 days early. I feel cramps and today I saw blood comings from my vagina while doing toilet. I am also facing mood swing. I am very tensed What should I do? Am I pregnant?
She's 28 years old still single, at the age of 19 years has undergone ovarian cyst. Right now her vagina is in worst condition torn n two holes can b seen. Vagina walls have become big. Wat could b the reason n how to treat it to get well.
Hi I am 30 years old woman, and till last month I had reguler periods of menstrual cycle, my last date was on 1-april-15, but in this month still I didnt get periods, I am married since 2 years, I done pregenency test 3 times but it shows negative, my weight is 38 kg and my height is 5 2, what could be the reason for not having periods till now?
My girlfriend had periods on 18th June last month. We had sex several times this month but with protection. She had very less periods yesterday but no periods today. Is she pregnant? Or this is because of her stress or weather change? We can't reveal our relationship. If she is pregnant, what should we do?
Hi, Meri Umar 20 sal hai Meri MC 8 to aati hai. Aur Dusre Mahine Ki MC Ane k date me 30 Dino ka Antar hota hai. Jaise Ki Pichli Bar 9 January Ki Aaya Tha Aur is Month me 8 Feb Ki Aaya Tha. To Meri Garbh Kab Thahar Sakti hai. Aur Kab Pata chalega Ki Main Pregnant Hu.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.
Adding some sea salt to your bath water can do wonders for your health. It not only rejuvenates you, but also helps in balancing the energies of your body. Here are some of the health benefits you can get by opting for a sea salt bath.
Sea salts contain traces of minerals like magnesium, bromide and potassium, which give your body a soothing feel and relieve aches. Immersing your body in warm salted water helps in eliminating muscle cramps and pain and relaxes you completely. Moreover, studies suggest that sea salt baths are beneficial for your psychological well being as well.
2. Elimination of harmful bacteria from your skin
The sodium chloride content of any salt makes it an effective disinfectant. When you bathe in water containing sea salt, it speeds up the healing process of minor cuts by killing the harmful bacteria and even helps the blood to clot.
3. Moisturized and thoroughly cleansed skin
Sea salts, when combined with warm water, help cleanse your skin deeply by opening skin pores and getting rid of impurities, oil and dirt accumulated on your skin. Sea salt contains magnesium, which not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also removes wrinkles and reduces the appearance of fine lines to give you younger looking skin.
4. Relief from rheumatologic conditions
When you mix some sea salt in your bath water, it provides for better blood circulation in your body, and hence, gives relief from rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
5. Healthy bones
Sea salts are rich in calcium, which makes a sea salt bath good for your bones too as it helps in strengthening them, thereby reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis.
Dissolving sea salt in your bath water aids in the better functioning of the lymph system of your body, which in turn helps in getting rid of the toxins and by-products of metabolism. More significantly, a sea salt bath can reduce swelling by removing the accumulation of fluids around your ankles, thighs and knees.
7. Treatment for common cold
A warm salt water bath proves to be an effective way of treating common cold as the combined effect of the temperature of the water and minerals present in sea salts improves your blood circulation.
Apart from these benefits, salt water baths are devoid of any types of side effects. So, don’t forget to mix some sea salt into your bath water to give your day a fresh and healthy beginning.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am pregnant now. Its been 8 weeks now. How ever my doctor is neither prescribing me any iron or zinc tablets nor asked me to undergo any tests such as thyroid, sugar and hiv. When can I expect all these events to happen? please help me understand when those tests and medication has to be taken by me.
She is going through periods problems (like brownish periods and lesser ammount of flow) since 5/6 month and recently in 3 months she has lost 6 kgs of weight. For this problem as per consultation a usg has been done and according to usg she has 14.9mm*16.5 mm sist on left ovary. What is it? what is the best treatment available? what may be the cost of treatment? and what is the risk factor? mam, please guide me I am in deep trouble and tensions. Please
I am 21 years old female, My partner is 26 years old, I am suffering from timing problem for all night my husband time is below one minute but my satisfaction time is minimum three minute, please help me which medicine i should start or how to increase my partner time or how to decrease my time please help me I need good suggestion.
Take an after-dinner walk
Walk during your breaks and at lunch
If possible, schedule a" walking" work meeting
Park in the farthest spot from the grocery store or mall (it is easier parking as well).
Avoid valet parking (saves money too)
Take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators
Walk while your kids practice or warm-up at their sporting events instead of sitting in your comfy chair (this one I know from experience).
Walk to drop off/pickup kids from school.
Take public transportation; walk around the terminal when waiting for the train/bus/light rail.
Walk the dog. Have you heard our pets are getting fatter too?
Avoid the drive-thru. If you must eat at a fast-food establishment, park at the farthest spot and walk in. And, of course, choose a healthier food option!
Walk to visit friends or neighbors.
Like to golf? walk instead of renting the cart.
Read/watch tv on a treadmill (or stationary bike).