Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit AgrawalYour feedback matters!
My baby has cold & cough before 15 days treated with antibiotics, antihistamine till he having cough what shall I do?
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
My one and half year old son always have digestion related problem whenever he eat something different he had fever, first his head become hot then he had fever, is balkadu like medicine ok for him or should I try something different medicine because of this problem he is not gaining weight, please help.
She gave birth to baby child on 3 oct. Delivery was normal and baby also. But she is not having lactation. Milk is not coming. So what to do? This may be dangerous. We also know mother's milk is very important for baby. But unfortunately. It is not. So we are providing powder lactogen milk to baby. Will it be good for baby.
My baby has 2 years old premature baby. He have low vitamin D.what kind of food has to give. I mean I want the list of vitamin D foods.
My son is 2 yrs old . He is having my feed till now . Now i want him to feed not any more bt my breast are full of milk and if i dont feed him i feel sever pain in my breasts . Wt should i do ?
What care should be taken (from now on) for my six year old daughter so that she has healthy hair and skin in future. Should some supplements be given for a healthy body?
My baby is 1 and half months old .i m going for vaccination for her .it will be difficult for baby to bear the pain so please suggest me some remedy and medicine so that she will feel and can sleep well.
My son is 4 month, due to insufficient of feeding, I give lactogen powder in 2 time a day, but the problem is his stool is so hard and it take 2to 3 day. Another problem is he take her first to mouth many time.
Hi my baby is 4 months old and exclusively breastfed. I am getting suggestions from friends and family to feed cerelac to my baby from next month. Can you suggest me if it's the right tym to put her on cerelac.
Hii my son is 21 months old. He z 10 kg weight. Is the weight normal. He does not eat properly. He just milk all d time. Due to that im worried he z becoming week. How to improve hungriness in him please suggest.
Baby child is 3 months old and her mother's milk production is very low there is no other option than to put him on Nan pro the child is crying due to abdominal pains for the last 2 months. What shall we do?
#1 Boosts Immunity
Oranges is an excellent source of vitamin c. A single medium-sized orange can fulfil about 72% of your daily requirement for vitamin c. Since vitamin c plays a crucial role as an antioxidant by protecting your body against the damage caused by free radicals generated in the body. It therefore reduces inflammation in immune related conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Although debatable, researchers suggest that vitamin c also plays an important role in strengthening immune responses of the body, protecting against recurring cold and cough or any other common infections. Here are 11 ways to include oranges in your diet.
#2 Helps prevent ageing of skin
There's a reason why oranges are popularly used in the beauty industry. Several beauty products including face packs, masks and creams that are available contain orange extract as a key ingredient. That's because vitamin c present in oranges also helps prevent skin damage, by eliminating free radicals. Vitamin c, being involved in synthesis of collagen, an important component to maintain skin's overall appearance and texture, prevents premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Apart from vitamin c, oranges are packed with vitamin a that help keep the skin membranes healthy. Here are 8 fruit packs you can make at home for beautiful skin.
#3 Protects the eyes
Vitamin a in oranges helps keep mucus membranes in the eyes healthy. Available in the form of carotenoid compounds like lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin, vitamin a is protective against age-related macular degeneration, a vision-related condition that causes blindness. Besides, it also plays an important role in allowing your eyes to absorb the light. You may also read tomatoes- natural remedy for good vision.
#4 Help prevents heart disease
This is yet another health benefit of oranges which is attributed to its vitamin c level. Free radicals generated during various reactions taking place in the cells can trigger oxidation of cholesterol, causing the oxidised molecules to aggregate and stick to the walls of the arteries. This leads to build up of plaques that eventually block the arteries, causing heart attack, coronary artery disease or even stroke. Vitamin c in oranges takes care of these free radicals and neutralises them, thus playing a role in preventing heart disease. Besides they also contain flavonoids like hesperidin that lowers cholesterol level and prevents the arteries from getting blocked.
#5 Helps brain development
Folate/folic acid or vitamin b9 present in oranges promote brain development and keep the vital organ in mint condition. In fact, these nutrients also make orange a healthy fruit for pregnant woman as it prevents the baby from having neurological disorders later. Oranges also contain phytonutrients called polyphenols that play a role in development of learning and memory functions of the brain.
#6 Helps prevent cancer
Oranges contain a compound called d – limonene that has been shown to play an important role in preventing various types of cancer like lung cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, etc. Additionally, the antioxidants and vitamin c help promote the body’s immunity which helps in fighting cancer cells. Oranges are highly fibrous fruits, which contributes to its cancer-protecting effect. A study revealed that about 10 to 15 per cent of colon cancer cases are caused by mutations in the dna. These mutations can prevented by consuming vitamin c rich sources like oranges. Here are some other health benefits of vitamin c you should know
#7 Pevents constipation
Oranges are a very good source of soluble and insoluble fibre, which helps keep your stomach and intestines healthy by preventing problems like irritable bowel syndrome. The fibre content in them adds bulk to the digested food and reduces transit time of feces, preventing constipation and straining.
#8 Improves sperm quality
Death is inevitable, but our legacy may live on through our offspring. The antioxidants and vitamin c present in most fruits, including oranges improves the quality and motility of your sperm thus keeping you fertile. Another vitamin called folic acid also is an essential nutrient for maintaining healthy sperms that you can obtain from oranges. It also protects the sperm from genetic damage, which might lead to birth defects.
#9 Great for diabetics
The rich fibre content of oranges has the ability to keep a track of sugar levels in the body, preventing diabetes. It is also a good option for those who are diabetic. Also worth mentioning is that good oranges have a sweet taste, and since diabetics aren’t allowed to eat sweets or other sugary foods, they can eat oranges to tingle their taste buds.
#10 Prevents hair loss
Orange has high vitamin c content which is required for producing collagen which, in turn, is responsible for keeping the tissues in your hair together. Nobody likes bald patches on their head, and eating oranges can ensure that you do not have to part with your lovely hair as you grow older.