Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohini Gajare
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohini GajareYour feedback matters!
I am type 2 diabetic. How long I will stay healthy if I control deit, with exercise and medication? and how long I may live? I am scared.
Are Kimia Dates, Coconut Water good for diabetic patients? Which other fruit is good for diabetic and arthritic patient?
My triglyceride and uric acid levels tend to remain high. Had a breakdown in 2009. Since then taking atorvastatinas a daily medicine and uric acid medicines are not frequently taken. After long, since then. Lipid profile is showing higher uric acid levels of 7 and quite low levels of HDL, LDL and Triglycerides 122. What should I do now to upgrade these needed levels and lower uric acid levels?
My sugar levels are changing drastically. Can you please suggest any permanent solution without taking medicines.
Hello sir, My thyroid levels are high (t3, tsh high and t4 low) but doctor prescribed thyronorm 150 mcg but this drug used to treat only for hypothyroidism Why?
My fasting blood sugar level is 112 and after 2 hrs take breakfast 196 sir, I need to take medicine or not. Pls reply my condition.
Meri age of 58 years hai sir I have thyroid I am using ta bless but doctor said use tow months only but I used tablets more than Four months I went to check up to same doctor heard stop all medicines and don't take any medicine for 2 months what shall I do now shall I continue to him or any advice you will give to me.
My wife 28 yrs old.Her tsh 0.269, she took eltoroxin 100, now what will be the perfect dose of eltroxin please suggest.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.