Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohi NaldiYour feedback matters!
How the dry fruits and nuts helpful in daily life. What is quantity to take everyday. Even the cancer patients (while taking chemotherapy and treatment) and diabetic people also can take dry fruits and nuts. Please give your opinion on this.
Dear Dr. My sister complained about severe pain in the lower right portion of her right breast. What it might be? Is it something to worry about? And what diagnosis we are needed to perform? She is 17.
How to reduce prostate. He is suffering with it since 1 year and none of the medicines work for him. He is diabetic and ages 58. Please guide us how to treat it. Thank you.
My 21 year old sister had a tumour like something in her breast and has undergone with ultrasound of breast and her reports came hyperechoic lesion. What does that mean? And is it serious? What treatment is needed for this!
Pls explain the pain of tenderness and does it happen only on one side breast or both side in pregnancy n which portion of breast pain during it.
Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer which develops in the skin cells that produce melanin ( the pigment that gives your skin its color). This form of skin cancer is mostly caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiations or it may be congenital in nature.
The cancer is easily detected by the naked eye and in 99% cases, the disease can be efficiently treated if detected during its early stages. Women below the 40 year age benchmark have a higher risk of cancer.
Viagra is a health supplement which is consumed in the oral form to minimize all the signs and symptoms of an erectile dysfunction. Viagra is the generic name for Sildenafil, which is used by men.
What does research say?
A medical study has shown that men who frequently use erection-enhancing drugs are 84% more likely to develop melanoma within a period of 10 years. This does not mean that you are bound to get this cancer if you are frequently using an erection enhancing drugs, but it might increase your probability of getting Melanoma.
Viagra when combined with some other medicine often leads to adverse effects which might lead to cancer as well. It is always desirable that you consult your doctor before taking a Viagra in general. Some of the dangerous factors are:
- Taking Viagra with nitrate drugs such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, and such others.
- If you are experiencing an unreasonably high or low blood pressure
- If you have any kind of a liver disease
- If you are suffering from a kidney disease that requires dialysis (blood purification process)
While taking Viagra, you should always consult a doctor near you. Additionally, you should also follow certain precautionary measures like:
- You should avoid buying Viagra online, as there is a high probability that it is fake
- You should try going for natural alternatives to Viagra. Studies have shown that the medicines with nitric oxide can help you in having a proper and enhanced erection. Additionally, medicines containing L-arginine are also very popular as they help in generating nitric oxide.
I have undergone surgery surgery for prostrate 10 yr ago. When can I start normal life and exercises.Please tell.
How to clean a smokers lungs? What are the precautionary measures to avoid lung cancer & throat cancer?
My uncle recently have been detected with food pipe cancer. Presently he is under treatment of radiation only as chemo he is/his body not able to sustain. Cricoid region had been affected. Is there any other option of treatment.
I have a lump on the inside of my vagina. I didnt notice it untill painful intercourse. I kept it a secret for a few months. I was embarrassed. It is on the right side. Intercourse got too painful. So I went to the doctor not my primary doctor I just went to the e. R. But it was so uncomfortable the doctor barely got to see it cause I kept jerking. He assumed it was an absece and even said he seen it had a head on it. I looked myself and there is no head. It never hurts and it never bothers me untill I try to have inter course. But you can fill a lump down there and see it what do you think it is? please I need help?
Why increase disease day by day and highly increase cancer and they not believe he was cancer patient they have in last stage.
My mother is suffering from fallopian tube cancer (1st Stage) what is the proper treatment for this? Is it possible to properly come back in normal life with out any side effects?
How is cancer caused and how can I avoid, is it true that cancer caused by having something from plastic.
With terminal illnesses like cancer, the disease is not the only thing that requires treatment. In addition to controlling the severity and spread of the main disease, the effect it has on the other body systems including emotional, social, psychological problems and also physical issues like pain and inflammation. Though the disease has reached an advanced stage and cannot be cured, the patient can be made to be pain-free and at peace to the extent possible.
The goal of palliative care is not to cure - in fact, palliative care is in place for diseases like cancer from the time it is diagnosed and treatment is begun but becomes the major component of treatment once the cancer is identified to be in terminal stages. Therapeutic care aimed at curing the cancer is gradually reduced and palliative care assumes a bigger role. This is also called as symptomatic care, supportive care, or comfort care.
Aspects of palliative care: Once the disease is identified to be in terminal stages, then the following become considerations:
- Stay at home or hospital
- Withdraw chemotherapy and radiation?
- Withdraw feeding tube
- Spiritual discussions
- Reduce anxiety
- Good quality time with the family
- Reduce pain and suffering
As is evident, there is a huge component of social/emotional/spiritual management in addition to reducing pain and suffering:
- Physical: Pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, sleeplessness, loss of appetite are some symptoms that need to be managed. In addition to pain killers, small exercises can be included to make them feel better, even if it is just getting a breath of fresh air.
- Social: Depression (learn the ways to handle depression), anxiety, uncertainty, fear are all looming large and they are not sure how to manage these feelings. Talking to a counselor or some close family member or friend can be a big relief - the burden is off their chest.
- Legal: There could be issues related to property, insurance, property that also need to be discussed. External help can be sought if required to provide financial counselling and legal advice.
- Spiritual: Looking into the spiritual needs and understanding the deeper meaning of life, restoring faith are some things that also can help them feel better. "Why did this happen to me?" is a question most people keep asking and while there is no answer, some solace can be provided through talks.
It is to be noted that palliative care is not just for the patient. The caretakers (family and close friends) are equally in need of some support. So, once the patient is identified to be in terminal stages, all effort is made so the final leg of the journey is peaceful and as painless as possible.