Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cone Biopsy
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
My mother's er, pgr is 0 but her neu is 2+.She had MRM 1 1/2 month before. What does it mean ? What treatment should be given so that disease never reoccur?
I have a cut on side of my lip and few cuts inside my mouth and few bristles inside mouth also, is it symptoms of mouth cancer? What are its symptoms? How can I know if I have it? Is there any test or checkup for it? Can it be cured if I have it? Please help me.
Prostate gland enlarged, now its ok but he is passing toilet on bed some times. How to control. Help me. He is not using any medication.
I wanted to do an early detection of cancer for my family, especially my children. I do not have any options to go straight to a hospital and ask for tests for cancer especially the blood. Incidentally, My husband's sister died of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, at the age of 19. Can there be tests similar or that can give some indications of the presence of cancerous stage or likelihood in the future, like bone marrow test. Why is bone marrow test not a part of early detection tests of cancer for children? Are there side effects, if affordability is not a concern. What other early detection tests are recommended for children.
My mother, aged 51, was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis about 4 yrs back. Since then, she has been on and off various allopathic treatments (CorticoSteroids). She has also tried homeopathic and Ayurvedic Treatments, but to no major relief. Is there really no foolproof treatment for Sarcoidosis?
My uncle 44yrs age. Diabetic under control. Has been diagnosed after pelvic ultrasound, with inflamed Left Inguinal lymph node in medial region of about 18mmx8mm. Please advise.
Is there any way to cure lung cancer without chemotherapy, radiation or surgery? By homeopathy or ayurveda or anything else can it be cured?
I have done removal of sigmoid region by Colonoctomy and found carcinoma doctor suggested for chemotherapy please suggest.
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery.