Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohan Prohit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan ProhitYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 year old female I have period problem, continuous bleeding for 13 days. Before when I was 14 year that time it was for 9 days. I have taken medicine for 6 month. Medicine name-regestrone 5mg for 3 month after 3 month I have taken duoluton l for again 3 month. This time my period was for 5 days. After I stop the medicine again it is bleeding 13 days. Before it was coming monthly but only this month my period came after 2 month. I am married.
My wife presently completed 7months of pregnancy and 8th month running facing few drops of blood in stool. Is it quite common during this month.
I am 27 year old lady having pregnancy of 5 month which diet should I need to take for healthy bady. As my doctor said liquid is less in my ultra sound test report also less of protein.
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
Hi Doctor I won't get my period for July 10 my last period was on June 10 now it's August 3 yesterday I checked with the pregnancy tester it showing I am pregnant I am in 55 th day there is any way to abort it by using tablets, I am already having 1 year baby please kindly help me.
My daughter 17 years of age has acute pain during first day of periods. Please advice some suitable medicine for instant relief. As she has to go for school and tutions. And some diet chart as she gets pimples all over body and hips also before her periods except face
My mc date is 26-27 oct. I am planning for a baby. Please tell me proper days to intimate. So that I can conceive.
I had done urine test twice .and the pregnancy test was.-ve. But I was afraid too. So I took a unwanted kit. I ate. Mifepristone 200 mg. And now my periods starts. What should I do next. I am bit confused. Should I go for. Misoprostol. .aur just leave it. As my periods starts and. My results were -ve to. Just becoz I was afraid I took. Mifepristone. Please help.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Causes: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!