Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan D'souzaYour feedback matters!
Deep penetration is must to get pregnant? After intercourse semen comes out. Sometimes can't penetrate deep. We mostly trying light penetration. It delay pregnancy?
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Im 31 year old female. My periods are regular 26 days cycle. But blood flows only for 2 days. My TSH level is 1.2micro. Now I am planning to get pregnant. Is there any problems to conceive?
Hi sir/mdam already I said that I have a hypo thyroid, I have one doubt in that I got a married last year, I am trying to conceive still there is no result in that, and one more thing I have no irregular periods it is regular, can you give me the suggestion,
I had my periods during the 1st week of august and my periods stayed for about 10 days and then on the 26th of august I had unprotected sex but took an ipill within 1 hour but I still haven't had any withdrawal bleeding. Could I be pregnant? When should I take a test?
Hi Is there any medicine to prepare the periods? Please suggest me how to consume this. Thank you in advance.
Hi I am a dentist age is 43. I am having vaginal discharge can you pls tell me the permanent solution.
Mam I want to know what are the test, which Confirms us that everything is alright to go for pregnancy.
I am 30 yr old. I am married and I have a 5 yr old girl baby. Before my Delkivery I was having irregular periods but after my ceasaerian I am bleeding all time. Its almost 5 yrs even now I have bleedings at time but it lasts for 3 months continuously. And when I get white discharge I smell some foul smell and feel very uncomfortable. I am also 87kgs now. Can you pls suggest me something so that I can proceed wtih that.
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am pregnant and I want some information about 1 to 9 months food habits. Give me a brief details about pregnant.
Health Benefits of Tarot root(oal koch)
The health benefits of taro include its ability to improve digestion, lower your blood sugar levels, prevent certain types of cancers, protect the skin, boost vision health, increase circulation, decrease blood pressure, aid the immune system, and prevent heart disease, while also supporting muscle and nerve health.
DON'T ACT THE 7 ACTIONS BELOW AFTER YOU HAVE A MEAL.
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).
* Don't eat fruits immediately -When you eat your fruits with meals, the fruit is stuck in the stomach along with the contents of the meals and cannot reach the intestines in time. Lying there they get spoilt and spoil the remaining food in the stomach too. Thus it is recommended that you eat a fruit at least one hour after eating a meal or before your meal and preferably in the morning with empty stomach. It is in the morning that the body can best use the nutrients in the fruit and get enough energy to start the day.
* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.It is preferable to drink tea an hour after meals.
* Don't loosen your belt -Fiction, not particularly bad for you!
We generally have an attitude that a good meal is that which forces us to loosen our belts. However, loosening the belt is bad, not because it causes the intestines to twist or block but because it means that you have over eaten to a level that you are uncomfortable. Loosening of the belt may also cause you to feel comfortable once again which means you may continue overeating.
So eat only to the extent that you can be comfortable without loosening your belt!
* Don't bathe - Bathing after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
* Don't walk about -Fact, it is bad for you! Walking directly after meals is a bad idea, it can result to acid reflux and indigestion. However, walking about half an hour after meals is known to be good for you. Researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina, have found that walking after exercise is a good way to burn energy.
The point to note is when to walk, you should ideally walk for about 10 minutes and only 20-30 minutes after meal to prevent acid reflux and stomach upsets.
* Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.
Dr. I am just 19, and I am 3 weeks pregnant, please suggest some medicine which I would easily get in medical stores without prescription formalities. Plzz help me.
3. The same substance is harmless in similar amounts for the majority of people.
I am a 26 year old female. I had unprotected sex with my fianc on the night of 19th. I took an i-pill the very morning and I am guessing within 14 hours of the act. I was due on 29th april but I haven't had my period yet. Can I be pregnant? we are very scared, please help!
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.