Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohan A Rao
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan A RaoYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 41 years old. I have backache since long. Pain starts when get up in the morning. I have cervical. Its been years now. Any solution to get rid of this pain besides pain killers?
YOUR BACK PAIN MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is important that you work with your PHYSIO to formulate a pain management plan that is tailored to suit your individual needs. Any back pain management plan should aim to:·
- Relieve your pain symptoms·
- Help you to recover from acute attacks of pain within 6 weeks·
- Minimize the amount of time you spend off work·
- Allow you to resume your normal level of activity·
- Prevent episodes of acute low back pain from recurring and becoming chronic problems·
- Effectively manage back pain if it does become chronic.
Over the course of your back pain management, you may come into contact with a number of different healthcare professionals. Quite often, people with chronic cases are seen by a combination of doctors, nurses, physiotherapists,pharmacists, psychologists and occupational therapists, who offer their expertise and help them to deal with their pain.
As well as receiving treatment on a one-to-one basis, some people with chronic pain may be able to attend specialists pain clinic for treatment and advice on living a fuller life in spite of their pain. Some healthcare teams may bring together groups of patients with similar pain problems and look at how best to tackle them. Pain services may vary from area to area. Your PHYSIO will be able to put you in touch with local support groups and services.
TIPS FOR A ‘ BACK-FRIENDLY’ BED·
- Choose a mattress that is supportive enough to take the weight of your body without sagging.
- Turn your mattress regularly (every 6 to 12 weeks).
- Choose a mattress that is comfortable to lie on with sufficient ‘ give’ to cushion your bony bits.
- Buy a mattress with a long base.
- Always try out the mattress and base together in the shop before buying.
- Consider a water bed- they support the body without distorting the spine, and are popular with some people.
WHY IS BED REST BAD FOR YOUR BACK
It stiffens your joints.
It weakness your muscles.
It can weakness your bones over long periods.
Hi sir/mam, I am 22 male. I was getting back pain and pain along bone marrow and low back. I've visited to few doctors and all of them said that I don't have strength in my back. What needs to be done to increase my back strength.
I'm experiencing knee, thigh, foot, heel pain since 2 month. I already showed gynaecologist, M.D, BAMS doctor. They advised mi" Vitcofol tonic, 4 injections of vitamin D, chavanprash,shankhapushpi tablet. And leg exercise too" but there is no result. But now I don't know what should I do now? Is vitamin D injection show slow effect or immediate effect on my body? Pls help mi?
I am 25 years old my back pains severely when I bend previously coz of operations 2 anesthesia were given is tht the reason.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.