Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Rochelle SuriYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 45 years old. Normally I am talking easily, but when I play in stage or t v show or play in t v serials or film, my speech is blocked, I can not through proper dialog as per script and start a birthing problems come and blocked my heard. And also I am feeling some panic disorder to see that many more people to watch me and concentrated me what I do next. For a letter I want to able trough dialog but short is ended over. Please help me.
One of my family member is addicted with smoking and is unable to relax. How can he quit smoking and what will he do?
Doctor she is about 80 years old she remembers each and everything but she doesn't remember that she is in her house the only thing she is saying again and again that please take me back to my home and she issuing abuse language again and again even while sleeping she abuse to me my mom dad and my wife she is over weight so we can't even pick her up from bed she is taking sleeping pills of 2.5 mg but she doesn't sleep more than 4 hour can you please advise what to do or any medicine which can at least make her mind cool.
I am felling heavy stress, due to this I am not concentrating on what I am doing. please suggest me what to do to free from stress?
I m engineering student and I didn't get consantret on my study, I have much more problems on concentration. What can I do. Please help me.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me sir.
I have habit of drinking alcohol of 2-3 pack (like Imperial blue/Magic moment/old muck rum) in 1-2 Days of month like special occasion/friend's birthday party. It was harmful for my health in future? Please help me to answering the question?
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
People suffering from BPD fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet, they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life. It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of BPD:
- Disturbed self-image: People have self-esteem issues, they sometimes love or hate themselves or see themselves as evil. They have unclear goals, views, beliefs and often end up changing their friends, lovers, jobs, sexual identity frequently.
- Emotional instability: Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
- Dysfunctional relationships: It is very difficult to maintain a normal relationship for people with personality disorder. They tend to have quick short-lived relationships and get put off very easily which leads to a lot of heartbreak. Suicidal tendencies and frequent self-harm behaviour like cutting skin using blades/ sharp objects are common. Drugs and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and sexual promiscuity are other forms of self-destructive behaviour commonly encountered in this population. Extreme aggression, delusions, transitional Psychotic states are other possible symptoms of BPD.
Causes for BPD:
- Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
- Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis for BPD:
There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Love and support from family and friends are crucial for patients suffering from this disease. Prolonged counseling sessions, therapies and the effort to break away from the chronic gloomy thoughts will definitely lead one to a better life.