Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Sir my parters last date was on 7 june, and we had unprotected sex yesterday 4 july, should I gave her contraceptive tablet, or is it safe because her periods date is close. please help as soon as possible with clear remarks.
अदरक रूखा, तीखा, उष्ण-तीक्ष्ण होने के कारण कफ तथा वात का नाश करता है, पित्त को बढ़ाता है। इसका अधिक सेवन रक्त की पुष्टि करता है। यह उत्तम आमपाचक है। भारतवासियों को यह सात्म्य होने के कारण भोजन में रूचि बढ़ाने के लिए इसका सार्वजनिक उपयोग किया जाता है। आम से उत्पन्न होने वाले अजीर्ण, अफरा, शूल, उलटी आदि में तथा कफजन्य सर्दी-खाँसी में अदरक बहुत उपयोगी है।
सावधानीः रक्तपित्त, उच्च रक्तचाप, अल्सर, रक्तस्राव व कोढ़ में अदरक का सेवन नहीं करना चाहिए। अदरक साक्षात अग्निरूप है। इसलिए इसे कभी फ्रिज में नहीं रखना चाहिए ऐसा करने से इसका अग्नितत्त्व नष्ट हो जाता है।
उलटीः अदरक व प्याज का रस समान मात्रा में मिलाकर 3-3 घंटे के अंतर से 1-1 चम्मच लेने से अथवा अदरक के रस में मिश्री में मिलाकर पीने से उलटी होना व जौ मिचलाना बन्द होता है।
हृदयरोगः अदरक के रस व पानी समभाग मिलाकर पीने से हृदयरोग में लाभ होता है।
मंदाग्निः अदरक के रस में नींबू व सेंधा नमक मिलाकर सेवन करने से जठराग्नि तीव्र होती है।
उदरशूलः 5 ग्राम अदरक, 5 ग्राम पुदीने के रस में थोड़ा-सा सेंधा नमक डालक पीने से उदरशूल मिटता है।
शीतज्वरः अदरक व पुदीने का काढ़ा देने से पसीना आकर ज्वर उतर जाता है। शीतज्वर में लाभप्रद है।
पेट की गैसः आधा-चम्मच अदरक के रस में हींग और काला नमक मिलाकर खाने से गैस की तकलीफ दूर होती है।
सर्दी-खाँसीः 20 ग्राम अदरक का रस 2 चम्मच शहद के साथ सुबह शाम लें। वात-कफ प्रकृतिवाले के लिए अदरक व पुदीना विशेष लाभदायक है।
खाँसी एवं श्वास के रोगः अदरक और तुलसी के रस में शहद मिलाकर लें।
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid produced in the stomach starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, among others.
So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list:
- Control weight: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: The LES or the muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing, in order to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go gluten free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut ingredients, including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tract can handle.
- Other dietary measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit, so that food can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and well timed meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and doing exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.
Me and my girlfriend had sex without condom. I took my penis before I cum but im worried about precum and she completed her periods 4 days before. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My age is 38.I have irregular periods since 3 to 4 years after my second delivery.Some times I have heavy blood flow continuous for 8 to 10 days.Or the periods doesn't cum on proper .Doctor.Says.S.I.Its hormonal l have tried many hormonal please suggest this time I have not 15 days are over.
Im 18 years old I have periods problem of irregular time sometimes comes after date in 4 5 days or sometimes directly after 1 month why is this so. please help.
My wife 7 week pregnant. We consulted with doctor. Doctor advise for scanning during scanning baby heart betting not found. So doctor advise after one week again scan. My question is any serious problem for baby please advise thanks.
My son is not leaving breast feeding! He is of one. This is the reason I am too weak! Any suggestions and medicine which helps me to make me healthy!
In ultrasound report of 34 week pregnancy. Spine: appears normal for gestational age, 1 loop of cord around neak what it mean?
I'm a girl of 18 in feeling too much itching in my vagina n a sticky material also comes on the wall of it the irritation is like someone pointing a pin in my vagina. I got fungal infection near by 22Oct what should I do.
I had unprotected relation with my wife after third day of the period and she took i pill tablet within half and hour's time is that ok to not get pregnant?
Giving birth is a life-changing event for every mother and it leaves an everlasting impression in your life. Every delivery is unique and you can just gain from the experience of others, but don’t expect it to be the same.
You will experience many changes in your body and will learn to take care of yourself and your growing baby as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. Pain is a part of labour that every woman has to undergo. It is the fear of labour pain that make many pregnant women opt for c-section. However there is no denying the fact that c-section is a major surgery and requires several days to recover.
Keep in mind the following tips to go in for a normal delivery:
- Try to get prenatal education, which guides you about labour, birth and natural labour pain management techniques, such as breathing, self-hypnosis, relaxation and other coping mechanisms. You should check with your hospital too as most of them offer an evening or weekend course.
- Consult a gynaecologist who has a history in delivering babies naturally.
- Keep yourself physically active by doing mild exercises throughout pregnancy.
- You should keep a calm environment in your labour room.
- Don’t gain too much weight as women who aren't overweight do not have much difficulty in delivering babies vaginally.
- Opt for fewer rather as more tests, treatments and interventions during your pregnancy tend to interfere with normal birth. Whenever tests or procedures are recommended, you should ask about the need of undergoing such tests.
- Continue with your walks as it helps in relieving the pain.
- Go in for a water therapy. A shower, bathtub, birthing pool and hot compresses are other tools for easing pain and helping you relax. Spend as much time as possible in water.
- Use various positions such as sitting on the toilet, kneeling, and squatting to ease vaginal delivery.
- Massage/back rubs equally help in easing the pain.
- You can also go in for Effleurage which is a light massage of the abdomen to ease your vaginal delivery.
- Apply warm or cold compresses.
- Avoid hearing negative stories about labour.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet as the health and development of your baby depends on your nutrition.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety. Read good books about parenting and be in the company of good lively people.
- Use relaxation/breathing techniques to keep yourself calm.
- Guided meditation and prayers undoubtedly will reinforce your faith in yourself to deliver a baby vaginally.
- Have adequate sleep. Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before going to bed in order to have uninterrupted sleep.
Following these tips religiously can definitely increase your chances of having a normal delivery.
I use birth control pills (Yasmin) for my pcos condition but not disciplined about timing but I do take it everyday. Had unprotected sex. Do I need emergency contraceptive pill?
I had a 21 day progesterone labs done March 21st which confirmed negative for ovulation. My period in April was late so I again had labs done to confirm negative pregnancy on April 5 and started Provera on April 8th 10mg X7 days. On day 8 off of Provera meds still no period so I took a HPT and it was positive on April 21st and was confirmed by b/w on April 22nd as positive pregnancy. I am very scared about this pregnancy ending in m/c due to the proper medication. I was NOT pregnant before taking the meds but I am scared now I will start a period and will miscarry. I am having all sorts of shooting pains and twinges in my sides which feel like ovulatory pains and kinda feel like I may start but no spotting or anything. I had a m/c in Jan 2011, so I'm very scared of losing this pregnancy too.
4 Exercises that’ll help you during labour
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times.