Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Sheth
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu ShethYour feedback matters!
Sir I have tinnitus in left ear from long time and giddy movement head feels very light eyes feel pressurized my PTA is normalbBP SUGAR THYROID all are normal my Dr. says that it is due to a psychosomatic condition when I relax this feeling decreases especially when I wake up in morning I feel anxious easily and start frightening MY D3 25 hydroxy LEVEL IS 9.0 NG/NO WHICH IS LOW IS THIS CAUSE OF MY TINNITUS AND GIDDINESS.
I am suffering from esphagitis grade a and taken few medicine to suppress the acid reflux. But along with that I am having sore throat since last 4-5 months. Please my doctor says that I don' t have any issue in throat but I am still feeling pain and sore throat. Please please advice what could be the reason of the throat pain. Thanks in advance.
My husband snores a lot specially in d winter. It's very difficult to sleep in the winter. How can I get ride of it?
He always tends to get Throat pain even after using some Cough relieving lozenges. Please provide me a good suggestion for it.
Dear Doctor, My younger son age 12 years has nose bleeding problem. This happens any time like in the school, play ground, while sleeping also this has happened. Kindly let me know the reason, preventive measurement for this problem.
Hi. I am 46 years old male. Whenever I wake up in morning I sneeze a lot and have running nose. I, most of the times, found my nostrils blocked. I have to use otrivin for relief. While climbing stairs or walking, for instance, carrying my daughter, I am not able to breath properly so Doctor has diagnosed that I have asthma and I have to take rotacap 400 capsule almost daily. What do you suggest. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from severe Cough for the last 12 days with running Nose & discharge. I have undergone a surgery for acute sinusitis problems for Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS) in Right side during the year 2012.
Discharge from the ear is medically termed as otorrhea. This discharge can be white (clear), yellow, brown, bloody, or with pus (purulent). Also, it can be offensive (smelly) or non-offensive. Discharge can be due to the pathologies of the ear canal, middle ear, or, rarely, from inside the skull. There are many causes of ear discharge, some are:
- Earwax- Wax is a brown, sticky discharge from the ear. The wax formation is a normal process. It is a protective mechanism of the body. It protects the ear from dust, bacteria, viruses, or any foreign bodies entering inside. Sometimes excess of wax can be a problem. That’s why it should be removed regularly.
- Infection- It is one of the most common reasons for discharge from the ear. It occurs when the middle ear is infected with bacteria or viruses. This causes fluid to build up in the ear, which leads to ear discharge. Generally, the discharge is yellowish due to pus and offensive because of the infection.
- Swimmer’s ear- It is medically termed as otitis externa. It occurs when the ear canal is infected with bacteria or virus. Mostly, this condition is due to long hours of swimming; too much moisture in the ear can rupture the wall of the ear canal through which the infection enters in the ear canal.Also, this can be due to eczema or any foreign body in the ear which can rupture the wall.
- Trauma- This can be due to the cotton swab while cleansing your ear if you insert or push it too deep. Also, this can be due to altitude changes such as seen in scuba diving or while flying in the airplane. This can cause rupture of the eardrum leading to ear discharge.Acoustic trauma- This type of trauma occurs due to loud noises which rupture the eardrum and can cause discharge from the ear.
- Necrotizing or malignant otitis externa- This condition is very rare. This condition can occur as a complication of otitis externa, or in immunocompromised patients, or in those suffering from diabetes. This can cause damage to the cartilage and bones in the base of the skull which is responsible for the ear discharge. It can be clear fluid due to cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) which is present in the brain.
- Cholesteatoma- It’s a noncancerous growth of skin cells in the middle ear leading to discharge from the ear.
- Mastoiditis- It is due to infection of the mastoid bone which can cause discharge from the ear. Even this condition is very rarely seen.
- Fracture of the skull- Fracture in any of the bones in the skull can lead to discharge from the ear.
- Head injury- It’s an emergency. Bloody discharge from the ear can be present.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!