Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu JayantYour feedback matters!
Look for the following signs:
1. A breast lump or thickening of breast.
2. Dimpling of the breast skin.
3. Change in the colour or texture of the breast skin.
4. Change in the appearance of nipple (inverted nipple)
5. Fluid or discharge of blood from the nipple.
6. Redness or pitting of breasts.
7. Change in the size and shape of breast.
Hii I did not get periods still now since 20 days over from my date of minutes and no other reasons are Dr. lik meeting VT other and am unmarried my age is 23 yrs. Can you suggest me something.
I am married last 2 yrs and I am try to getting pregnant to my wife last 6 months but not succeed, let me know what's the reason ?
Hello doctor I have delivered to a baby . And I have c-section I am getting back pain where anasthesia is given. Can I've permanent solution for this problem
One of girlfriend girlfriend has 15 days pregnant but he fear to consult any gynecologist doctor as he feel doctor are not ready to give any medicine as he and his girl friend are not married but I wanna to know that if he visited with any doctor is what term and condition have that his girl friend can take abortion pill please suggest me as I can help him.
I want to know about virus of HERPES. Is it danger or not? Which treatment shall I take? Advice me as soon as possible.
My wife is having some liquid squeezing out of her breast when I press her breast. But she is not pregnant. What is the reason for that. Whether it is a problem or a common feature. Pls explain. She is not yet conceived till date.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Delayed or irregular menses, absent menses for various months and prolonged menses, all these are indications of an endocrine disorder known in medical terms as Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
The symptoms of the syndrome are acne, irregular or absent periods, obesity, hirsutism (excessive growth of bodily hair) and infertility. Not all patients have every symptom. In fact, some people are not overweight.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is curable with the homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for Polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect. Which homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.