Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritesh Safariya
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritesh SafariyaYour feedback matters!
I have severe hair fall problems and I cannot do anything about it. It is causing much damage to my personal life please help me.
Hi, I am having dandruff in my scalp and it's kinda popping up even in my eyebrows. I tried using shampoo on a daily basis but still no improvement. I have tried lemon too.
Moles are the most common form of physical identification proof, but are often unwanted. Moles and freckles are common skin irregularities that make a person consider cosmetic surgery. Moles can be described as non-cancerous skin lesions that develop when dark skin cells are bound together in small clusters. Almost everyone has one or more mole on their body. However, freckles are simply skin discolorations that appear on light skinned people. There are a number of ways in which moles and freckles can be removed.
- Dermabrasion: This is a procedure where a small wheel is run over your skin to remove the top layer. Dermabrasion is performed under anaesthesia and is a very effective way of removing freckles and flat moles.
- Laser Surgery: Laser surgery involves the use of concentrated beams of light to remove the topmost layer of skin. As this top layer is removed, freckles and light, flat moles are also destroyed thus leaving you with a clear complexion. In some cases, multiple sessions may be required to completely remove moles and freckles. Laser surgery is not recommended for large moles or moles that protrude out of the skin.
- Shave excision: This is a surgical procedure that involves cutting off the raised section of a mole with a sharp scalpel. It does not require any sutures, but may not remove the entire mole. This surgery is often suggested in cases where a mole had grown to protrude from the skin but the discolouration itself does not bother the person. There is a very low risk of scarring associated with this procedure but the mole may recur.
- Punch Excision: Small protruding moles can also be removed with a punch excision procedure. Here, a doctor will use a small cutting apparatus in the form of a small, cylindrical punch to twist and remove the entire mole. One of two sutures may be required to close the skin in this area.
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is suggested in cases of large moles. In such cases, the surgeon will remove the entire mole and close the skin with sutures. This procedure may leave a scar behind, but in most cases, this scar is not very prominent.
In rare cases, moles can be malignant and hence it is not recommended to try removing a mole at home. For this reason, you should always a consult a surgeon if a mole appears suddenly appears or begins to look suspicious.
Hi, I have been having excessive of hair fall, dandruff and my scalp is getting scanty at the front of the scalp. Pls help me with this issue.
I am 27 years old, for the past 3 years I am loosing my hair, like thinning of hair please suggest me what to do.
Losing hair can be a nightmare for any man or woman. Once upon a time, hair loss was restricted to elderly people, but today, men and women as young as 30 find themselves going bald as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle, exposure to pollutants etc. Thankfully, modern medicine has found ways of correcting hair loss through hair transplant surgeries. A follicular unit extraction (FUE) is one such type of hair transplant procedure.
This is a minimally invasive procedure that involves the extraction of hair follicles from the back of the head with a special micro punch. To do this, the hair at the back of your head is first shaved down to 1 to 2 mm in length. Local anesthesia is then applied and the scalp is scored to loosen the hair follicles. Each follicle is then extracted carefully and preserved in saline until it can be implanted into the bald part of your head.
Since each follicle is being individually extracted, it is crucial to work with an experienced surgeon. It doesn't hurt to ask to see a doctor's certificates. Before committing to surgery, ask to see before and after photographs of their earlier clients and ensure that both of you have the same aesthetic sense.
Along with the surgeon's expertise, the size of the micro punch needles also play an important role in getting the best results for a follicular unit extraction. The smaller the needle used, the less damage caused to the scalp. This also minimizes the visibility of the extraction. Ideally, a needle should be no wider than 0.95mm.
Grafts extracted via FUE are much more sensitive than those extracted via strip extraction. This is because the extraction technique leaves hair follicles without a lot of protective tissue. How the follicles are handled after extraction influences their survival rate. As these are very vulnerable to dehydration, they must always be kept damp and handled with care.
The incisions made to implant the hair follicles also play a role in determining their lifespan. The best incisions are those made by blades that have been customized to match the length, width, depth and angle of incision to be made. By matching the dimensions and angle of the incision to the direction of a patient's natural hair growth, the grafts have a higher chance of connecting to blood vessels and nerves. This also ensures that the transplant looks as close to natural as possible.