Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita PatravaliYour feedback matters!
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I am a house wife . One child 4 year old . I want to conceive next baby but i am not getting why doctor.
I got last year hyperplasia in uterus Dr. advised me to take medicine hormone medicine that are used as pills for not getting pregnant that we that fifth day after period and for 21 days by which my periods was proper and uterus wall was discharged in that duration of six months course my weight was perfect after delivery now when I left those medicines because it was six months course I started going weight and my periods are just for two days and period cycle is again irregular please advise I don't eat so much I do work also still why I am gaining weight after I had left that medical.
I have irregular menstrual cycle. I get my periods on 35- 40 days I am not getting it on 30 days. What to do to make it regular every month.
Hello doctor my gf is 21 years old nd due to failure of contraception she got pregnant how can I get her pregnancy terminated please kindly suggest. Can it be done at home safely she is 40 days pregnant. Its from day she got her last menstrual cycle. Is it legal to get it done here in India (Hyderabad)
Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old. I want to conceive for my first baby now. This month my period has started on 10 th. It stays maximum 4 days. Now my question is that, when will be the right date to conceive for a baby boy before my next month period?
My Wife's age is 21 years old. Now, she is 8 months and 21 Days Pregnant. Her weight is 73 kg. Next Week She will completing her 9th months of Pregnancy. Her Stomach size is very large compare than normal women's stomach in the 9th month of Pregnancy. Now a days her Gynecologist says she have high Blood Pressure in this month that is 200. And when we check her Blood Pressure in home by our Family Doctor, that time it shows 130. Why this is Happen. She can't face Blood Pressure problem till her 8th months. Then why this is Happen in this months. Please, give me valuable advice for my wife. Also suggest me food precautions in this month. At this situation it is possible for Normal Delivery.
An overloaded backpack or wearing one improperly can lead to a poor posture, stress on the soft tissue in the neck and the back, and unnecessary strain on muscles and joints.
I am 27 year old. I usually get periods only for 2 days every month. But I get them in time. Why it is so can you please suggest.
गर्भावस्था के शुरुआती लक्षण
अगर आपने अभी हाल हीं में बिना गर्भनिरोधक या बिना कन्डोम के सम्भोग किया है, तो आप गर्भवती हो सकती हैं. आपमें आने वाले कुछ बदलाव आपको यह बता देंगे कि गर्भ ठहरा है या नहीं. अगर आप अपनी इच्छा से गर्भवती हुई हैं, तो यह आपके लिए एक अच्छी खबर है. गर्भवती होने पर एक स्त्री के शरीर, मन और Mood में कई बदलाव आने लगते हैं. तो आइए जानते हैं क्या हैं, गर्भवती होने के लक्षण.
वैसे Period असमान्य अवस्था में भी बंद हो सकता है. लेकिन अगर आप पूरी तरह स्वस्थ्य हैं और आपका मासिक स्राव बंद हो गया है, तो यह आपके गर्भवती होने का एक लक्षण है.
- कुछ स्त्रियाँ जब गर्भवती हो जाती है, तो उनके स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव शुरू हो जाता है. स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है. स्तन भारी हो जाते हैं, और साथ हीं थोड़े बड़े भी हो जाते हैं.
- गर्भ ठहरने पर निपल्स चौड़े और थोड़े बड़े हो जाते हैं. और स्तन भी बड़े होने लगते हैं. निपल्स का रंग गाढ़ा होने लगता है. स्तनों में सूजन महसूस होने लगता है, उन्हें हल्का सा भी दबाने पर दर्द होने लगता है.
- गर्भधारण करने के बाद गर्भावस्था के शुरूआती 3 महीनों में सेक्स करने की इच्छा बढ़ जाती है. इस दौरान सेक्स किया जा सकता है, लेकिन कुछ सावधानियों के साथ.
- खट्टे या चकदार चीजें खाने की बहुत ज्यादा इच्छा होना. हमेशा कुछ न कुछ खाने की इच्छा होना.
- गर्भवस्था के पहले तीन महीने में बार-बार पेशाब जाना भी, गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- थोड़ा-बहुत काम करने पर भी बहुत ज्यादा थकान, या ज्यादा अनावश्यक चिड़चिड़ापन आना भी गर्भावस्था में एक सामान्य बात है.
- खानपान में बिना किसी बड़े बदलाव के उल्टी या बदहजमी होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- गर्भाशय में ऐथन और पेट में उसी प्रकार की पीड़ा जैसा Periods के दौरान होता है. दर्द तो ठीक है, लेकिन योनी से अगर खून आए तो आपको डॉक्टर से जरुर मिलना चाहिए.
- Period में ज्यादा रक्त आना भी गर्भवती होने का लक्षण है.गर्भवस्था में आपको विशेष सावधानी बरतनी चाहिए. और कुछ खास चीजों का पालन करना चाहिए. और इस बात कि पूरी जानकारी जुटानी चाहिए कि आपके खानपान से लेकर आपके विचारों तक का आपने होने वाले बच्चे पर कैसा प्रभाव पड़ेगा.
I am 7 months pregnant and 8 months is going on. I have lower back pain and legs pains. Does it affect my baby? What should I do so that I can get relief?
My wife's period not started after delivery (c section) have passed 7months. My child is fully depending upon breastfeeding.
Gout is a type of arthritis caused by too much uric acid in the blood. Excess uric acid can lead to a buildup of fluid surrounding the joints, which can result in uric acid crystals. The formation of these crystals causes the joints to swell, become inflamed, and cause intense pain. The good news is that you can control gout. In addition to taking medications, dietary and lifestyle changes can help prevent painful attacks. A gout-friendly diet involves a specific plan, which is designed to avoid painful gout attacks.
Causes of gout:
Gout develops when there is too much uric acid in the blood. This over-abundance of uric acid may be the result a diet high in purines. Or, your body may produce too much uric acid. In some cases, blood uric acid levels may remain normal, yet gout is still the correct diagnosis. This is due to the body excreting excess uric acid in the urine and inflammatory factors.
What are purines:
Purines are chemical compounds that, when metabolized, are broken down into uric acid. Purines are either made by your body, or taken into your body through foods you eat.
In a normal process, purines break down into uric acid. The uric acid is then dissolved in the blood, passed through the kidneys into the urine, and eliminated from the body.
However, this isn’t usually the case in gout. Complications occur when the kidneys don’t get rid of uric acid fast enough, or if there is an increased amount of uric acid production. These high levels build up in the blood, leading to what is known as hyperuricemia. Though not classified as a disease, hyperuricemia can be dangerous if it leads to the formation of uric acid crystals. Gout can develop when these crystals build up around the joints.
What makes a gout-friendly diet:
The goal of a gout diet is to relieve the painful swelling (inflammation), and to prevent future attacks. Depending on a variety of factors — your age, general health, medical history, and severity of the condition — treatment options will vary.
The good news is gout can be controlled. In addition to taking prescribed medications (which could include anti-inflammatory drugs, or medications to lower levels of uric acid), acute gout attacks can be managed through diet, a healthy lifestyle, weight management, and a proactive approach to signs and symptoms.
A gout-friendly diet will help to control uric acid levels in the body while promoting overall health. According to the american college of rheumatology, a diet that has an excessive amount of the following foods can lead to gout:
- Red meat
- Sugary beverages
All of these foods have a high purine content. Agout diet should avoid or limit these foods:
- Organ meats
- Beer, wine, and liquor
- Fruit juices
Foods to include daily:
- Beans and lentils
- Fluids, especially water
- Low-fat or fat-free dairy
- Whole grains (like oats, brown rice, and barley)
- Sweet potatoes
- Fruits and vegetables.