Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rita Mehra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rita MehraYour feedback matters!
I am 32 weeks pregnant now, I have hard back pains and gas problems and difficulty of sleeping, walking etc, If my baby born at 37 weeks, is there chances of any harm for my baby?
My periods are regular. But on the time of period to much pain in my stomach and due to pain some time vomiting start. I am using meftal spa 2, 3 tablets is a day but not relief from a pain. please help me, suggest some medicine.
At present am in us. I am having irregular periods and trying for conceiving. Here i am came to know about fertility tea. Which consists of herbs. We can use dat tea. To clear gynic problems. And irregularity in periods. please reply to my answer as soon as possible.
I m 26yrs old. actually I m not pregnant bt I missed my periods last 2 months. N also check my pregnancy test bt its 3 times negative. Please help me how can I going to periods soon without any side effect thank you.
Our neck is naturally gifted with a chiselled curve called as lordosis (concave from inside).
This curvature or lordosis is very vital for optimum neck health closely associated with healthy nervous system.Healthy nerve supply to different parts in and around head and neck and down below
1. Healthy blood supply to various surrounding structures
2. Proper muscle and ligaments function
3. Healthy balance
4. Sound sleep
5. Good mood
6. Ultimately lesser stress Health
- This is why many doctors call this neck curvature as" the arc of life, as it can lead to various health issues when compromised.
- To make sure you have a healthy neck curvature (lordosis), today itself get yourself examined by a skilled orthopedic physiotherapist nearby your place.
I just want to ask that can I have sex with my wife while she is pregnant in starting months. Is there anything to worry about.
Last month 28th my periods date but still not getting periods. I done 3 time sex it's any chances to getting pregnant.
HelloMy doctor suggested me hempushpa twice daily with raw rice water. I have a PCOD problem. .and I want to conceive. Is that a correct method of taking hempushpa? Or Should I take with plain water?
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.