Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
Slow growing devil called fibroid r increasing nowadays. The actual cause is not known but it may do hormonal imbalance sedentary lifestyle junk food late marriage. They should b observed by gyne n only to b removed if causing symptoms like excessive bleeding in pd pain abdomen infertility
The girl age is 20 for period she hav started eating non veg she hav stop eating Chinese type of food or any other.
I am under treatment of pcos. I missed taking ginnette 35 before 10 days of having unprotected sex. From very next day I started taking as regularly. I had sex while last two pills was there to take. Even I took ginnette 35 as regular for last two days and took i-pill with in 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Am I safe?
I am 32 years married women and having one daughter. I had two continues miscarriages with brown blood spot in 12-13 the week of pregnancy. Planing to have next baby but fear of miscarriage disturb me a lot. What should I do to have safe pregnancy.
I am 32 years old female, planning our 1st baby. I am a working lady. I am take Women's Holicks as I was feeling pain on my right knee. And after consuming it for a week I was relived. I try having a balanced diet. But sometimes I still feel very tired. I am overweight too. What to do? Does health drinks like horlicks help actually?
Do's and don'ts for PCOS Diet
I am 32 years old female trying for second baby its not working. Doctor says all reports abnormal. I went thru iui but it also did not work please suggest.
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- The sugar contained in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
- Sodas can also prove to be injurious to your major organs, and are associated with conditions such as chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and the development of metabolic syndromes.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options, which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
- Fruit juice
- Powdered drink mixes
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old female. Last month I took loette contraceptive pills. Got periods on 11th April. But this month I'm trying to conceive not taking loette. But today I am getting period again. Only 20 days gap. I think this happens by the side effects of contraceptive pill. Is this true? I want to get pregnant. Kindly reply me.
26 feb I am delivered a baby. Kindly guide me when I am going to do a safe sex. I am not ready for more child now. Help me.
Women who start having hot flashes at a younger age and those who suffer from frequent episodes are at increased risk for heart disease it may signal endothelial dysfunction of the lining of blood vessels which is the earliest sign of heart disease