Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Rita MehraYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend 18 years, I am 20 years, I am participating in sex without safety. Now how to avoid pregnancy? Please send me your answer.
I am married. It has been 8 months now. I have thyroid problem from 2011 and I take eltroxin 100 mg. I have PCOD from 2014. Also irregular periods which can extend up to 70 days. I take" meprate" tablet to get periods after that. I am planning for baby. Can you help me with treatments available? What should I do next for solving this.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
My gf took unwanted 72 pills, 10th feb, and after that it still paining in his abdomen and having a headache, from 10 th feb, she is getting repeated same headache and abdominal pain, same pain till yet, some times it automatically stops and then automatically starts, firstly it happens in abdomen and then in head, her menstruation cycle occurred 29jan last month. What should be done, can thus unwanted 72 harm so much? And till when it will give pain? What should be done, should we wait or immediately consult a doctor.
Hello Sir/Madam I am at end of 8th month of pregnancy. But from start of 8th month I have faced fainting three times. I have done all the check ups but everything was normal even my ecg was normal. But I am very very stressed why this is happening because it is causing life danger to me and my baby. I suddenly start breathing less and faint down on ground for two minutes. All tests related to pregnancy are normal as gynecologist. Please help me out I am very much worried. My age is 22 /female.
What are the benefits and unbenifitial things in drinking of girls vaginal discharge and her's sexual fluid of vagina.
I think im getting pregnant idk I read on goggle about pregnant symptoms in that it is swollen of breast im getting fat thats it sowhat to do to avoid this unprotected pregnancy.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
She is suffering from nausea vomiting conditions from 4-5 months. Sudden painful backaches. Pain during micturition. ! 1 month ago she was diagnosed for gallstones. And urinary tract infection. She was treated for uti . Day before yesterday suddenly she got backache and pain in vagina. And in her reports she was diagnosed with 90-100hpf Pus cells in urine. Again a uti was reported . Now she is treated with iv. ondansetron . And tazobactam.
Is it good to have coffee doing my menstrual cycle? Also suggest what else I can eat doing the cycle? I have lot stomach pain and body pain too.
I am an 18 year-old female 4-5 days ago I had sex with my partner we did use protection but after the act we saw that the condom had been torn so I took an ipill. The next day after taking the ipill during another session his condom slipped down into my vagina so I had to take another ipill. Since then, I'm having a very strong burning sensation with pain every time I go to pee. There's a pain in my hole and an urge to pee all the time. What should I do.
I am in relationship and physically active. But from last year I have a vaginal issues. I changed n num of gynecologists but with no result. Now I have warts problem. What should I do ? I already took a vaccine .
If suppose menstrual cycle is more than 30 days then is it possible to ovulate between 12th to 16nth days of period?
I had foreplay with my girlfriend, it included oral sex by both of us. But we didn't had an intercourse, my gf is scared that what if my finger has entered her vagina and got pregnant. Its been 8 days this happened. I gave her plain mifepristone tab 100mg. Shall I tel her to take the tab. N does t help? As far as I know it was safe but wat if my fingers had sperm. Her menses ar b\w 21-25th of every month. This was happened 8days back I.E on 5th of thz month. Is there risk of pregnancy by the fingers if it had any sperm. I think I touched my penis over her vagina a little whil she was standing. It touched a little. What do you think sir? Please help me.
Hi i hav gone through tubul ligation 2 months back and i want 2 get pregnant again can u sugest home treatment bcos i dont want surgery method my tubes are not cut but they have tied.Plz answer me
On 14th day of my period I suffer from pain in my legs and lower back. There is a white discharge also though all that subsides but pain in legs is unbearable. Kindly advise.
I have pcod and in beginning my tsh was high I was taking thyronorm 50 mg for increased tsh and birth control pills for pcod after 3 months I had test I in test my tsh t4 came normal but this time t3 increased what should I do? Does it became a pattern if one get normal another one get high and I have to take medicine life time?
Hi I am 29 years and got facial hair after my pcod. Now I have reduced my 11 kg weight n of 56 kg with 5'3" height and also internally fine. So want to know that how can I get rid of these facial hairs without laser and any other electric treatment.
*National Dengue Day*
*First National Dengue Day was observed on 16th May 2016 in country
*This is the acceleration of preventive measures for Dengue and Chikungunya prior to the monsoon.
*We as an educated & responsible people can also contribute in minimizing the Dengue burden in country and can save lives by doing simple things like
1. By not allowing water to stagnate in and around houses in containers
2. If we have to store water then cover it properly with tight lids
3. Check, clean, dry, scrub and refill the desert coolers
4. Check bird bath tubs, pots, vases, trays under refrigerators etc.
5. Motivate others to follow these instructions
6. Cooperate health worker during his/her visit to your home
7. Use full sleeved cloths
8. Use repellents, mosquito nets, wire meshes on doors and windows
9. Use coils, mats, vaporizers during day time too
10. Do not store solid waste on the roof to avoid mosquito breeding in rain water stagnation
Dengue is preventable but if it is ignored it may be fatal. Timely diagnosis and treatment can prevent valuable lives.
*Let us take a pledge to create* more and more *awareness about dengue* and *for taking small but effective measures* to save our society.