Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RitaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 26 years old girl married one and half years before and I am trying for pregnancy but would not attain being both of us are having good sex, kindly advice any medicine to be taken for this.
Hi should I need to wait for one week to check pregnant or not. Is it safe to have sex in these days or should have sex or not. My periods is irregular. 14 march my last mensturation had come. In april my mensturation came on feb 28 but on march it came on 14. Is it there any problem . I am using the tablet normal for 2 days. So will I get pregnant. I have pcod problen for last 2 years. So please help me to get pregnant.
Hello doctor. My friend had unprotected sex yesterday and after two hours took postpone 72. She was in fertile period. Is there a possibility of her getting pregnant?
Useful Tips to Keep Young Athletes Injury Free
- Be in proper physical condition to play a sport (a pre-participation sports physical examinations can be very useful in screening for potential problems)
- Know and abide by the rules of a sport
- Wear appropriate protective gear (for example, shin guards for soccer, a hard-shell helmet when facing a baseball pitcher, a helmet and body padding for ice hockey)
- Know how to correctly use athletic equipment (for example, correctly adjusting the bindings on snow skis)
- Always warm up before playing
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid playing when very tired or in pain
She is 17+, unmarried. Her period is now running. But this time suddenly milk come out from her breast. Is it normal or harmful? please advice as soon as possible and if need prescribe some medicine.
I am 27 having facial hair in chin and chicks uperlevs. Irregular periods problem. How to get ride of this.
Take vinegar and water mixture after having the intercourse douche rhe vagina with the vinegar mixture as soon as the acidic water comes in contact with the vaginal mucus it increases the ph level of the vagina and kills the male sperm. It also makes the vaginal environment favourable for the female sperm. Is it true? Plzz suggest me.
I am having periods which lasted for 3 days the previous month and now I have bled for 2 days. Is it normal. I hve gained weight. Am I pregnant?
I am severe menstrual bleeding. How to control it immediately. After using Regestrone tablet for 10 days I got bleeding after 2days I stopped using it. Please suggest some medicine which stops my bleeding immediately. Currently I am taking trenaxa but it is not much useful. Please don't suggest me hormone tablet.
Last month I had injury in my palm with window glass and had stitches on wound. Now wound is healed but that stitches portion is sensitive, hard on touching and little swollen. What should I do? And how much time will it take to become normal?
Manufacturers use to describe benefits of plant-derived phytoestrogens on breast health. However, no clinical trial have ever demonstrated such benefit. Serious drug interactions are possible with any of these herbs, especially if you take a blood-thinning medication such as warfarin.
Breast enlargement might be a side effect of certain drugs such as estrogen, contraceptive pills, paroxetine, and fluoxetine. But, any of these medications are not approved for breast enhancement.
Q: Hello doctor, I am 24 Yrs and I want to conceive. I had my first pregnancy miscarriage in March 2015 and the ultrasound show that development of fetus was slow. So, now you please tell me will I be able to conceive again because I m trying from last 6-7 Month. I got Married in December 2014. Thank you.
In a study led by Dr Lisa Moran, from the University of Adelaide’s Robinson Research Institute and Monash University’s Monash Centre for Health Research Implementation, researchers looked at the relationship between vitamin D and PCOS.
Low vitamin D commonly found in overweight women
They found PCOS alone is not associated with vitamin D deficiency but that low vitamin D is commonly found in overweight women.
Dr Moran says the study was the first time researchers looked at the interactions between vitamin D, inflammation and mood disorders in women with PCOS.
Dr Moran said the common endocrine condition affects up to 21 per cent of reproductive-aged women and it can be associated with a wide range of reproductive, metabolic and psychological side effects.
“Depression, anxiety and inflammation are common side effects experienced by women with PCOS, and vitamin D deficiency has been associated with both mood disorders and inflammation in the general population. So we wanted to investigate the relationship between vitamin D deficiency and PCOS,” she said.
Not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency
Dr Moran said they found PCOS is not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency.
“We found for the first time that there is an association between vitamin D levels with both depression and inflammation in overweight women, regardless of whether they have PCOS or not,” said Dr Moran.
“We also found that vitamin D deficiency was common in women generally and there were no differences in vitamin D levels between women with and without PCOS,” she said.
Dr Moran said these findings support further research into treating depression with vitamin D supplements, particularly in women with PCOS.
“Further research is needed into the link between vitamin D, inflammation and depression in order to develop the best prevention and treatment measures, but this is an important finding,” she said.
The findings of this research were published in the journal Gynecological Endocrinology.
Great sex tips
1. Talk about sex. As time passes in a relationship, it's easy to get into a rut and just go through the motions, rather than express what you really want (and need) in bed. Sex therapist Williams Lucena, fmd, says it's time to break this cycle with some frank talk. 'ask each other, 'what do I need in bed from you?'' he suggests. 'get back to the communication you used to have.'
2. Eat healthy. This doesn't sound like a sex tip, but treating your body right with good nutrition helps the whole body, including your libido, says Debbie Mandel, a stress management expert and author of addicted to stress. 'eat healthy foods to reduce cholesterol and keep your cardiovascular system humming,' she adds. 'this will ensure that circulation is at peak performance for the 'southern hemisphere.'
I have a low AMH count of 0.4. All other blood tests are normal. We have not consciously tried to conceive but referred to a going for normal consultation. Even without trying any medication we have been advised to start IVF treatment immediately. I need to understand if that is really the only way or can we take medication and still try naturally. My age is 32.
Muje pcod ki problem h. Im 27 year unmarried girl. Aur muje 1 mnth se continuously periods aa rhe. continuously bleeding. Muje meri doc ne ginette 35 prescribed ki h. Is it safe?
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!