Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RitaYour feedback matters!
Im 21years old. I have irregular periods. After consulting doctor and after ultra sound I found a problem that I have vital pood. Doctor said that it is pcod and gave cycloset syrup iam using syrup since 3 months but there is no result my last period was on dec 21st till now there is no period. Please suggest me correct solution for my problem. Iam getting facial hair n hair loss. Suggest me some medicine and what is vital pood? Is it pcod or any thing else? Thank you.
I have eaten omellete unknowingly while I am trying to conceive a baby. Now I am pretty scared due to it. Please suggest me if I should take some precautions. My medicines are also in routine for my wisdom tooth ache. Please reply asap.
I don't get the urge to have sex with my husband. We have been married for 12yrs. I love him a lot but still I don't get that urge & as a result we have been fighting a lot. I have got so much depressed due to all this that I have tried to kill myself. Please help
It is common for women to experience genital irritation and itching. At some point of time, every woman is likely to experience some form of vaginal irritation. It is a condition which often causes great distress and embarrassment. Vaginal irritation is commonly caused by a yeast infection. Irritation may also occur due to certain chemicals and sanitary pads, which are used during menstruation. Persistence of such irritation and itching may cause vaginal pain.
Vaginal irritation can be managed in several ways. Here are some tips on how to manage and control vaginal irritation using simple remedies:
Use apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. It helps in removal of irritation completely when caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. Take two spoonful of apple cider vinegar, add hot water to it and wash your vagina using this water. The vagina is made acidic due to which the bacteria does not last long.
Apply cold compress: Vaginal irritation during the night can be quite troublesome and is likely to hamper your sleep, leaving you fatigued. Apply a cold compress or ice cubes directly to the vagina. This will provide substantial relief to the irritation.
Take a salt bath: Salt is effective in eliminating bacteria and itching. In case you suffer from itching, wash your vagina using concentrated salt water. This will provide instant relief from the irritation and the risk of further bacterial growth gets reduced.
Use garlic paste: Garlic contains antibacterial properties, which are quite effective in providing relief from irritation and itching symptoms in the vagina. The smell of garlic is also considered effective. Make a garlic paste and apply it inside your vagina.
Use yogurt: Yogurt contains active cultures, which remove bad bacteria by the addition of abundant good bacteria. Have a cup of pure yogurt without sugar regularly. Yogurt takes care of yeast infections quite fast. You may also apply it on the vagina, especially in the area prone to irritation.
Use basil leaves: Basil leaves contain antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Boil basil leaves in water and drink the water. This method eliminates bacteria, which causes vaginal irritation.
Antibacterial talc: You can use any antibacterial talc of either medical or herbal variety. A herbal, homeopathic talc is mild on the body, but takes some time to heal the infection. Medicated talcs provide faster healing. The talc destroys bacterial and fungal infections, which may occur because of the moist surroundings.
Keep it dry: Keep your vagina dry as bacterial and fungal infections commonly affect wet areas, which result in irritation. For prevention of vaginal irritation, always wear loose clothes. If the irritation gets out of control, you must consult a doctor.
Hello doctor I am 22 year old unmarried girl I have swelling in my uterus last night what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hi doctor. I am 25 years old married women my quest is on april 5th was my last period in may it was 10 days late so I thought i am pregnant I was planning to do pregnancy test but on 14 th I was having stomach pain and also I had some bleeding so I have seen in net that spotting is the symptoms of pregnancy the stomach pain was like normal pain like periods so I want to no whether im I pregnant or its a misscarriage. Please help me.
Hi, I am suffering from PCOD from last few ears now, and i have taken alopathic, homeo everything but cant able to cure myself as i am not eating much still put on weight an all, pls suggest should i go for gyne or endocrinologist Thanks
I am 17 years old female. Recently I am suffering from periods irregularities. It never comes on the actual date, not even 1 or 2 days after. Sometimes its after 5 days, sometimes 10 days. This time, I did not have my period for the month of May. Can there be any problems?
Hi I went through blood test and urine test and come to know that my haemoglobin is 9.9, globulin is19.5 and ESR Is 36. I also went through vaginal culture n it says infection. I am planning to conceive. What should I do as my periods r delay by 2 days.
My wife has irregular periods problem. She has her periods on an average of 2 to 3 months every time. And when happens. Period continues upto 12-15 days or even more sometimes. Please suggest the solution to get her regular periods and normal life. Suggestion for any medication/exercise or anything else which could help us is most welcome.
I am 61 years old lady. I have two children and had normal deliveries. Now in pap smear test, the observation is - mild dysplasia. In usg, the observation is - endometrial fluid. Please explain and diagnosis. I have had no gynae problems in life. Not even now.
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.
A poor sex life because of loss of libido is a matter of concern for both men and women. When a man or woman experiences the lack of sexual longing and has got a poor libido, it can lead to several problems or issues in the relationship. No person would want to have low libido because it affects their sexual performance.
Causes of low libido:
- Extreme stress and anxiety cause low libido
- Overindulging in rich, spicy and salty food also causes lowering of libido
- Having sex with a person you are not comfortable with causes low libido
- Having too many sexual activity may also lead to low libido
- Drugs and tobacco also affect libido
- Lack of nitric oxide in the body leads to lowering of libido. Insufficient blood supply affects erection in men
- Low levels of testosterones lower libido in men
Ayurveda, the ancient medical system since medieval times, is an effective remedy for treating or improving low libido. Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for improving your libido and sexual life as a whole.
- Ashwagandha: This is an Ayurvedic herb, which is also known as ginseng. It is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb, which can be used for curing impotence, infertility and cases of premature ejaculation. This herb also nourishes our nerves and enables better nerve functioning. This makes the body adapt to stress better. This herb reduces the effect of intense stress and tiredness from our body and enhances sexual performance. You can take this herb with hot milk, ginger, honey or hot water.
- Shatavari: This is a an Ayurvedic herb also known as asparagus racemosus. This herb helps in enhancing fertility in women. It nourishes the ovum and other reproductive organs in women. Restoration of hormonal balance and promotion of blood formation and circulation is also enhanced by this herb. Risk of miscarriage is also lowered in women. It also boosts libido in both men and women. It also cures impotence, spermatorrhea and sexual organ inflammations.
- Shilajit: This herb is known as a divine nectar in Ayurveda and enhances sexual functioning in men. The herb works like an aphrodisiac and improves the quality and count of sperms in men. It also regulates balance of sexual hormones and enables proper hormonal functioning. Shilajit is commonly called the Ayurvedic Viagra.
- Garlic: Garlic is used in Ayurveda for many purposes, which also includes boosting of sexual libido in men and women. It improves the working of sexual organs after any sort of injury or disease. Ayurvedic remedies are ideal for increasing libido in men and women. Ayurveda is a totally natural form of medicine, with no side effects.
My son got married in nov. 2011. His wife miscarried after 3 months pregnancy in july 2012. Since they had to go to germany after a few months from then, his wife had some rest due to loss in nov. After being settled abroad, they were reluctant for some months. Say, since last one year, on our, the parents' pursuation and their (son & daughter-in-law) agreeing to go ahead for family way, they have not yet succeeded. They have got done all their check-ups in germany. As per doctors over there, the couple does not have any, any problem and it is a matter of chance only, for which there is no matter of worry as the couple (son and his wife) is of 32 years and 26 years of age, respectively. Physically they both are very healthy.. May they be blessed with a child with advice, efforts and blessings of we all and the almighty god. Doctor. Sir, we all are very worried. Please advise.
1. Slow down. When you are outside or in a place that is not air conditioned face reality, move slowly and put your brain in low gear.
2. Always be hydrating. Drink ice water, cold juice, non-caffeinated ice tea. Have it with you at all times. This is especially important if you live somewhere that is both hot and humid.
3. Stay ahead of your thirst. Related to the above tip, don't wait until you are thirsty to drink up, force yourself to drink and drink and drink.
4. Sorry, no caffeine, no alcohol. In case, number 3 got you excited, a cold beer might be refreshing but it will suck the moisture out of your interior. Same with caffeinated drinks.
5. Shut out the sunlight. Even if your apartment or office is air conditioned, shut the blinds. Sunlight equals heat.
6. Wear loose fitting clothes. Inside wear shorts, baggy t-shirt, flip-flops. Forget the underwear and socks. When you are outside wear loose, long-sleeved clothes (shirts, pants, skirts) of light material.
7. Keeping the sun off your skin provides more surface area for sweating, and so is actually cooler. Wear a cap or straw hat.
8. Change your schedule. Get up at 5 a. M, go for a walk while it still bearable. Get your work done early so you can crawl around the rest of the day.
9. Crank up the fans. If you don't have air conditioning and even if you do, promote air circulation throughout your house or office with fans. Start them up early in the day before it gets hot.
10. Turn off the lights. Light bulbs emit heat so use your lights as little as possible. It's a good idea to switch your bulbs to eco-friendly ones, such as fluorescent or led bulbs because they emit lower levels of energy and thus, heat.
11. Minimize the use of heat producing appliances. If you have to use the dishwasher, washing machine or dryer, if possible, use them at night or early in the morning.
12. Don't go anywhere. Except for places you have to go, such as work, avoid travel unless it is at night or early in the morning when it is much cooler.
13. No cooking. Fix meals that don't require cooking. You'll only heat up the kitchen and yourself.
14. Eat high water content foods. Many fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon, cantaloup, grapes, cucumber, and tomatoes, contain 90 percent or higher water content by weight. Eating them in abundance will keep you hydrated.