Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RitaYour feedback matters!
If you feel that no one can help or guide you in channelising your desires, you are wrong. A relationship is subject to a lot of misunderstandings, especially when the sex life is disturbed or fading. Most people tend to keep quiet about such issues instead of seeking help. A sexologist is a therapist who specialises in sexual problems and knows how to deal with them. Here are the top reasons why you should consider visiting a sexologist:
- If you have low sex drive, you are bound to avoid physical intimacy with your partner. This might happen because of various reasons, such as hormonal changes, certain medications, stress, and fatigue. If you low sex drive has become a persistent problem in your life, you should consult a sexologist about it.
- If you experience intense sexual behaviour, urges and fantasies which involve strange objects, situations and activities, it is a genuine problem. It is likely to be associated with some psychological issue. This may lead to great distress in your social, personal and occupational life. Visiting a sexologist is very important during such situations.
- There are several physiological problems which may lower your sex drive or may disable you to perform in bed. In men, disorders such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and the inability to penetrate in spite of having an erection are common. Although these can be treated with medicines, visiting a sexologist will help you know about the condition and the different treatment modes available. Such problems in women include vaginal dryness, dyspareunia vaginal trauma or vaginismus.
- When your sexual needs and desires do not match with that of your partner’s, problems and issues are likely to surface. One of you may suffer from low sex drive as well. As a couple, it is important to communicate with each other and visit a sexologist.
- If you are obsessed and preoccupied with sexual thoughts all the time and your performance and functioning are being affected, a psychological issue is indicated. This needs immediate treatment and hence, you must visit a sexologist.
- It may be possible for you to feel guilty about having sex. This may happen on the account of a bad sexual experience in the past, such as being a victim of child abuse. You can solve the problem by talking it out with a sexologist.
You should also visit a sexologist if you are unable to achieve orgasms. This is more common in women than men. Ejaculation and orgasm are associated with each other. If you cannot attain an orgasm in spite of having a sex drive, you should be concerned and seek medical opinion.
I am six months pregnant my scan is good not having low lying placenta can I continue to my office and I have to climb steps for my office.
I am 6 week pregnant. Now a day some etching my under legs (vagina). Please suggest me what we do. I am already take a tracfree medicine. And now a day sex is safe or not.
Hi doctor! I am little worried about my period dates. Last month my date was 29th but today is 29th and I still didn't get my periods. I have little pain in stomach and back. I need to know about normal mensuration cycle. Should I take any medicine or its normal?
Hi doc, I am a female of age 40 yrs. I have gone through ivf twice but without success. I make good embroys. I think I have implantation issue. Please help.
Sir, I had recently got married and since last two month my breast size is increasing. My weight is also increasing. We have given lot time in foreplay (breast sucking and pressing) activity during sex. Can the breast size is increased by this activity. Please suggest.
Dear sir, I am female, 22 years old with 1 baby born of 10 months old. I am experiencing that my anus tube is slightly out and it pains when I sit, or lie down straightly, this is second time happening but it goes in again after few days approx- 10 days, please advise.
Hello. Doctor I am 20 years old its been 7 days milk is discharging from my breast if I am pressing my nipples. Sometimes milk is coming and sometime water is coming so please help I am really worried and please do recommend any medicine.
Hello doctor . I want to have unprotected sex. So I have heard about an idea of Safe sex days that is having sex 2 or 3 days before the starting of period. Is this method reliable? My gf will have period on 21st july. If I have unprotected sex on 20th or 19th july. Will it be safe? Thank you for your time.
Mera questions ladies specialist se hai mere ko three month ka beby hai last 15 days back mere ko mc aaya tha phir aagya 1 month me 2 time jisse. Mai weak Phil kar rahi hu Kya aysa common hai ya nahi agar nahi to Mai Kya kru please answer me Koi medicine btaye.
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
Sir, my sister has been suffering from lower abdomen pain. And we consult a gynecologist, and doctor was recommended to ultrasound. After reading report doctor said that a cyst present her ovary. And written medicine , and advice her after period consult doctor. Sir kindly describe is it effect for future life and it affect for reproductive system?
Sir/ Madam, I am pregnant but my hCG level is low as 1790 (last LMP - 24 June 2017) on 9th Aug 2017. Please inform me whether Low hCG level leads to abnormal or handicapped baby.
I am married man and my wife aged 35 years we both are planning to go for implanon contraceptive I wanted to know whether it is available in india and what is the cost for the same also I want to know the success rate for this method. Thank you in advance.
I have white charge from vagina with itching and the discharge is rubbery and lil cream colored with bad smell. When I insert my finger inside vagina very huge amount of substance comes as many times as I insert n took out.
Had protected sex with my partner using Condom, periods got late by week then had periods for two days in oct, checked urine pregnancy test twice and got negative result do still be the chance of getting pregnant,
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been reported in 2016 USG reports. Kindly help.
How to repair my wife broken hymen at home naturally otherwise need any medicine so please give a name of medicine.
The surgical procedure that is used for uterus removal of a female patient is known as a hysterectomy. From uterine fibroids to cancer in the uterus, there may be a variety of reasons for carrying out this procedure. Here is everything you need to know about the procedure and recovery.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for which one may have to undergo a hysterectomy. If uterine fibroids and other kinds of growth are causing severe pelvic pain and bleeding, then it may be required. This also applied to particularly painful endometriosis. Abnormal vaginal bleeding as well as severe and chronic pelvic pain, are enough of reasons by themselves for going in for this kind of surgery to remove the uterus. Also, when the uterus slides away from its normal position and slips into the vaginal canal, this signifies a condition known as Uterine Prolapse, which will also require treatment in the form of a hysterectomy. Andenomyosis is another reason why this surgery may be required, as this condition results in the thickening of the organ. Finally, if the patient is suffering from cervical or ovarian cancer, then the doctor may recommend this surgery to remove the uterus in case the tumour found has been tested as malignant.
Technique: There are various techniques that may be followed in the course of this surgery, depending on the location, the size and the severity of the condition and the growth that is associated with it.
- Open Surgery Hysterectomy: This involves an incision of six to seven inches, in the belly of the patient so as to act on the abdominal region. After recovery, there will be a visible scar on the stomach of the patient.
- MIP Hysterectomy: The various approaches for this technique include vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, and robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Risks: While this is mostly known as a low risk procedure, there may be various risks after the surgery including urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, formation of fistula where an abnormal link may form between the bladder and the vagina and finally, persistent pain. Infection, haemorrhage and blood clots may also happen in extreme cases.
Recovery: The female patient will automatically start menopause once this uterus removal procedure has been carried out. Usually, the doctor will ask you to refrain from lifting heavy weights for a few weeks after the surgery and also, to abstain from sex for a while. Most female patients reported complete cure of the problem following this surgery. Also, it is not common to find too many side effects after the surgery.
- Walking after a month.
- Simple streching exercises after a month.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Water intake around 6 to 7 glasses.
- Calcium supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.