Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rita DhamankarYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Last 15 years I use chasma. My eyes sight is poor, how can I improve it myself. Every time I use chasma. And how can I see with my eyes not help of chashma.
I am 30 years old lady. I am suffering from abdominal pain since 1 month. I have vomiting immediately after eating which is green in colour. My eyes became yellow in colour. I have slight weakness. What am I suppose to do?
My little sister have problem of dry eyes since from last november'14. I have visited many doctors in kolkata for this in last few months. She has also went for l v prasad few times as she was in hyderabad for her study. Now the doctors from kolkata, every one suggest her to put a eye drop called systern ultra for 7-8 times 2 drops each time on each eye & restasis eye drop 2 drops on each eye 2 times in time. Now she is telling every time she can't read any thing like newspaper for a 5 min. Continue. We also told it to the doctor but everyone told us it will take 3 mnths to start action of restasis. She love to read & very unfortunately she has to stop at the last of her m. Phil course. Now this is the other problem for her mental block that she is also suffering. Now I want to know is there any way that she can start her reading right now. Please suggest me what should I do right now for her.
I had clear skin nothing on ma face but from last 8months I hv been suffering from acne, blackheads all over ma face which leaves spots behind it. M using amway artistry ctm frm last 7 months n I don't see any visible result. Intact smtime I thought it has made worsen wht to do suggest.
I use spectacle, eye power"-0.25" is is possible that I have vision problem? If I want to know what test you suggest?
Sir I wear glasses my no is increasing nd increasing till the day when I used to wear glasses what will I do to reduce it?
My eye lids are lowering. Both eyelid mussels are weak & I guess it is hereditary as it was to my mother. Any treatment for this?
Doctor below my eyes a puff like layer is forming. What is the cause for it and how can I control. I sleep late night.
Im having a red pale eyes for few days. And having painful day. I can not understand what should I do. Please help me out quick from this problem. For such act of kind of kindness ill be thankful to you sir.
I have always pain in my eyes and due to it always having headache and also I am lo use to b hungry cause I am unable to eat proper diet.
I am 26 years old. I have pain just above my eye brows and in my whole head since 2 year. Please tell me home remedies or any solution to get relief from this problem I shall be very thankful to you.
I am 28 years old, My problem is that when I wake up in morning in my eyes there is a pain in my eyes inside, a also I am tired at all time. But I eat some food than it will be something ok. And at evening I feel refreshed. What happens with me?
Can you please tell me about LASIK surgery. Is it beneficial for me because my eyesight is very poor.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.