Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rishikesh PaiYour feedback matters!
3 Ways to practice safe sex
Deciding to have sex can be a big step for many in a relationship. It can be scary, nerve-wracking and at the same time enjoyable. Practicing safe sex ensures that you will be able to enjoy it more with your partner, being confident that you are protecting your body and health, and exploring your sexuality with a partner you trust. Here are 3 ways of having safe sex:
1. Staying safe against STDs
Visit a doctor regularly to get screened for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases or infections. Go for the check up with your partner before entering a new relationship to be on the safe side, and also if you feel nervous. If your partner is not willing to practice safe sex, its best to try and counsel him/her on the importance of protection. Get vaccinated against HPV and HBV to reduce the risk of getting a STD.
2. Use latex condom
Use a latex condom while you have sex of any kind, including vaginal, anal or oral sex. Latex condoms are easy to use, efficient, cheap and widely available at all locations. Consistently and correctly using latex condoms during sex can reduce the risk of STD and pregnancy up to 99%. If your skin is allergic to latex condom you can use polyurethane condoms, which offer protection against STIs. Natural condoms are reliable against pregnancy but the material is not fine enough to ensure protection against STDs, making them less reliable for that purpose.
3. Consider using hormonal birth control
The hormonal contraception method regulates a woman’s fertility cycle to prevent pregnancy. The most common type of hormonal birth control is referred to as “pill” and is taken orally every day. If taken consistently and correctly, a pill is 99% effective when it comes to protection against unwanted pregnancies.
Hormonal patches and implants can also last for several weeks and are equally effective. Injections of estrogen and progestin can also be used. Vaginal hormone rings can also be worn during the month and removed during menstruation, offering 99% reliability.
Hello Doctor My girlfriend age is 22 yr. We had sex on her 7th day and took unwanted 72. The month before month she also took same. Her period date 7-8 but now it's 28 and she didn't get period. We check 2 time with prega news in morning once at 15-oct and second at 23oct but both was negative. What should do in this case? Please Help!
I'm Married in December 2016 till now I don't have any health problem my husband also not having any health problems so what medicine should I take to get pregnancy nd my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam I'm thankful to you.
My Wife And I had unprotected sex when she wasn't fertile now she's not having periods pain before Periods and was having pain little in stomach but it wasn't before periods pain is she pregnant? How to avoid pregnancy safely if she is. She should have her periods on 27 but today is 28 she's not even having pain what should I do any suggestion Please. Thank you.
I m 30 week pregnant. Now suffering from tonsil of grade 2. Not able to eat and drink properly. Kindly suggest any medicine which is safe during my pregnancy.
Hi doctor. I am married. I have problems of over bleeding, irregular periods from when i am 13 years old. I have no of medicines. I want to have children. So i am using medicines from 5 years. All medical tests are conducted such as hsg, hormone, thyroid. Hsg & thyroid are normal. Some hormone imbalance is there.(i have pcod problem) I used many medicines. Still I am using. But no improvement. Will i have children or not?
I am 36 old unmarried girl with diabetic. Mujhe ye janana hai ki after marriage mujhe pregnancy me kya kya problems a sakti hai.
My last period was on 23rd June 2016, it should come on 21st July 2016 but periods not came, after that I did 2 urine test at home on 30th -31th July 2016 both were positive then I go to doctor for checkup , blood report also positive HCG 514 on 3rd August 2016, done ultrasound but not seen any baby. After that light bleeding starts on 5th August 2016. Done HCG test again it was 479. Heavy bleeding and clots on 6th August for 4 hours. Now very light bleeding .I am confused about the pregnancy .it is periods or normal bleeding or miscarriage? Stomach is increasing from last six months like six-seven months pregnancy. Is there any suggestion for me dear doctor.
Hi I got periods and this time bleeding was black in color. Is there any problem? Do I need to have a checkup? Please suggest. Thanks & regards.
My partner took mifepristone and after 24 hours I took two tablets of misoprostol then after another 24 hours I again took 2 misoprostol. I started bleeding heavily and a 2 cm clot type something came out. Have I aborted successfully? I was 4.5 weeks pregnant.
I hav irregular periods since me nacre at my 13 years n now m 28 years wid 4 to 5 months gap and the flow would b 4 1 or 2 day dat too in less . I hav lot of pains in knees ankle heel feeling exhausted n 90 kg 155 cm.
Hello Doctor, I am from ahmedabad I recently got married, my wife's period date was 11th but due to pooja and wedding function she had taken tablet for extend the period time. after 1 week she had her period. And during this period we had physically without any protection so I give her unwanted 72 tablet, Her period had around 18-24 july, 2016 Now after 1 week she is having bleeding so can you please suggest about it, also I am little bit confused that is she pregnant or Not. Also suggest should I consult or visit gynecologist or not ? Please reply fast on this.
I'm 29 years old female. I'm suffering from pcod problem since last 2 yrs. I was on medication for a years and so than I stopped using them. Now again my menstrual cycle is distributed.. I want to conceive.. please help me what can I do. Should I start on medication or what? Or please suggest some good doctor in chennai near tambaram as I'm new to this place.
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.
If you're loved one or friend is stressed out, reduce his stress by holding that person's hands. Research has found that holding hands can significantly reduce a person's stress levels as it lowers cortisol (stress hormone) production, and increases the production of oxytocin, the love hormone.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am a 53 year old female. Recently I have been getting a shooting pain on the top of my head with blood shot eyes. This happens only when I have intense sex. What is this about?
Healthy and balanced sexual activities satisfy both the male and female partners, keeps and make all of them happy, nutritious and also dynamic intended for whole life, improve their doing the job volume and really feel youthful life. This makes their partners affectionate in their very own existence.
Some homeopathic remedies have the ability to supply enough energy both for male and female organs which can also increase the length of intercourse. Natural homeopathic herbs tonic such as argentum nitricum, lycopodium, damiana, aswagandha, agnus castus, avena sativa, caladium seguinum, salix nigra, conium, selenium are the best remedies for happy family life. Lycopodium and argentum nitricum work as a legend to remove the all types of weakness of male and female organs. Damiana, avena sativa and aswagandha can be used all year round. These are called tonic remedies in homeopathy.
You should know that intercourse does not mean producing children just nevertheless it maintains one particular match regarding whole life simply by increasing output of testosterone which gives more robust your bones and also muscle tissues thus assisting to prevent osteoporosis furthermore.
So we need to give attention to our family life. How can make your family life happy? I think homeopathy can provide you a nice solution. If you take any tonic remedies according to your symptoms regularly you can enjoy your daily life easily. These homeopathy remedies have the ability to build powerful protection against all fatal diseases.
Being healthy and happy is a state of mind. Yet, it is also a choice that we make consciously or subconsciously. The way we choose to live and how we respond by matter of habit or choice, to the various life events and situations thrown at us, pretty much decides how our hormones, blood pressure and other factors behave in the long run. Anxiety and general unhappiness have been found to share a deep link with the quality of one's health. So let us look at the common mistakes we make, backed by science, which may be keeping us from health and happiness.
- Avoiding Connections: What really happens when we do not cultivate relationships with people whom we can laugh and cry with? You end up bottling things up inside and do not get an outsider perspective that can help you take things in a lighter vein or from a different, often more justified perspective.
- Endorphins: Also, when you do not have someone you can laugh with, especially during stressful times, you end up supressing hormones like the endorphins which are known to be natural pain relievers too!
- Sitting All Day: If your job or lifestyle involves the sedentary act of remaining seated, you are first of all, asking for neck and shoulder pain in the long run. That besides, you are also losing your fast paced metabolism due to the lack of activity and this can also fuel the build up of toxins which may lead to chronic and potentially fatal diseases in the future.
- Victim of your Own Thoughts: Over exposure to too many ideas can never be a good thing. In this day and age of social media and instant access, we never seem to be short of opinions, no matter how irrelevant. When we start to find our own truth in someone else's reality, we end up playing the victim card in our relationships due to these misplaced opinions. This leads to problems like helplessness which can become anxiety and paranoia in the long run.
- Food: Too much junk or too many fad diets can ruin the chemical balance and good health of your being. Binge eating or emotional eating due to anxiety, boredom and ready availability of food can also give rise to eating disorders and weight gain which in turn, can lead to problems like diabetes, high cholesterol and other such problems.
Exercising, eating right and taking time to breathe and listen to people around you will help in fostering a better lifestyle with more human connections. This is especially important for people living in nuclear families with stressful jobs.
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health)