Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rishikesh BabarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold for last two days and also I am feeling sleepy after getting sleep of 7 hrs.
Hi doctor because of eye sight whether the blood pressure gets increased. With headache on the back head.
Sir /madam last one year my sex life my pnis not fully hard also sperm out very early. Please help me nd give me gud suggestions.
My name is ravi. I am getting head pain. I am spend lot of time in computers. So please try to solve my problem.
How to take diet when doing an exercise how much gap must be taken to take food and can you give me the timings of the exercises in mrg and evng.
What I can do to increase intercourse duration, without using any medicine. Need suggestion, hope here can ask my queries and will get solutions.
I did a sex with a prostitute but I wear a 2 condom so any possibility of having hiv. What are their symptoms of having hiv bcz I did sex on 24 October where I can do a hiv test.
A peptic ulcer is usually found in the duodenum, or the first part of the small intestine. These ulcers can also be found in the delicate stomach lining near this region. These are usually painful sores that are caused due to too much acid production in the stomach, as well as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. The symptoms generally include heartburn, bloating, nausea, vomiting, and even blood discharge in stool and vomiting. So how can you treat these ulcers? Here's a short list of ways to do so.
- Medication: The most common way of treating peptic ulcers is to ingest proton pump inhibitors which can be prescribed by a general physician. These medicines will effectively stop the production of acid and reflux in the gastroesophageal band, so as to prevent the growth and production of such ulcers. Antibiotics can also help, especially in severe cases where there is a risk of infection due to the presence of these ulcers.
- Upper Endoscopy and Surgery: For severe cases where there is bleeding in the peptic ulcers, an upper endoscopy may also be conducted. This quick procedure can give relief from the bleeding. Also, many specialists might recommend surgery so as to treat an ulcer that has punched a hole in the stomach's wall, in which case the persistent bleeding cannot be stemmed even with an upper endoscopy.
- Lifestyle Choices: The presence of a peptic ulcer usually points to tobacco and alcohol abuse. If you happen to be over 50 years of age and are busy drinking copious amounts of alcohol every day and even chain smoking, then you may be at risk. It is best to stop such abuse by giving up smoking and drinking so as to ensure that the peptic ulcer can be treated and does not become a fatality. Also, drinking plenty of water and eating a proper balanced diet along with exercise are some of the best ways of treating these ulcers.
- Side Effects: Peptic ulcers may also arise as a side effect of having pain killers too frequently. So it is important to stay away from medication that gives rise to this kind of reaction in the body.
Managing and treating peptic ulcers is a matter of getting the right tests done for diagnosis before discussing further medication or surgery based treatment for the ulcer so that it does not pose any grave danger to the patient's body.
I have had constipation for quite some days and since yesterday I have been having acidity. I got the acidity in the morning when I got up yesterday. Constipation is the main problem. What is the best dat I can do?
My penis is so small, thin and always bent on left side. I used to masturbate 3 year nd (5 to 6) times in a day, but I stopped it last 2 year. And when I doing sex with my gf she didn't satisfy from me bcz of early discharge of my semen. Please tell about me to cure it and enlargement of my penis size.
I M 30 YRS, F, I HAVE COLD AND FLU FROM LAST NIGHT please PRESCRIBE. Also having slight headache also.
‘Head lice’ are insects that feed on the blood of your scalp. This condition usually affects children and is moderately contagious. Contrary to popular belief, head lice does not occur due to poor personal hygiene.
The symptoms of head lice are:
1. Presence of lice on scalp: Lice are small insects that are usually hard to spot. But their infestation can be felt because you experience intense itching on the scalp.
2. Itching: There will be intense itching on the scalp and the neck. This itching occurs due to the saliva secretion by the lice that the skin is allergic to. Usually, the itching starts after 3 to 6 weeks of infestation.
3. Lice eggs: The lice eggs stick to the shafts of the hair. They are very hard to spot as they are small and well camouflaged.
What can be the reasons behind their infestation
This condition is contagious; apart from direct contact with the scalp of an infected person, this condition can also spread if you happen to share the below mentioned items with an infected person:
6. Accessories for the hair
The treatments for hair lice are:
1. Over- the counter (OTC) products: OTC products are made from ‘pyrethrin’, a compound extracted from the ‘chrysanthemum’ flower. ‘Pyrethrin’ works as an insecticidal compound and it is advised to use these medications only after washing your hair with a shampoo. Vinegar may also be used to loosen the nits from the hair shafts.
2. Prescription medications: Certain medications can also be prescribed by the doctor, such as benzyl alcohol and lindane.
Certain home remedies for head lice include:
1. Essential oils: Apply oils such as Anise oil or tea tree on the scalp; these oils act as toxins for the lice.
2. Wet combing: This is a method wherein the wet hair is combed using a fine toothed comb to remove the nits and the lice. Repeat the procedure for 3-4 days every week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.