Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rishibha GalaYour feedback matters!
Find out what you can do to reach your weight loss goal faster
Research into weight loss has revealed that goal setting is one of the most important steps in the weight loss process. Dieters who take the time to set a SMART goal are more likely to slim down.
If you're not sure how to set a weight loss goal or set up your diet plan, use this list based on recent research to set up a program that works.
How to Make Your Diet Plan Work
Personalize your weight loss goals. The goals you set should meet your specific needs, lifestyle and circumstances. Don't get carried away with the exaggerated ads for popular diet programs that are unlikely to work. For most people those programs are not healthy or realistic.
Losing a maximum of 1-2 pounds per week through diet and exercise is considered reasonable. But you may choose to set a more personalized goal. Researchers at the University of Washington found that sometimes dieters don't like the strict standards set by many weight loss plans.
So choose a plan and make adjustments based on your lifestyle and preferences. Before you invest any time or money ask yourself key questions about what you hope to achieve. In the long run, making this extra investment will help you to stay on track and tackle common weight loss challenges as they arise.
Get expert help. Goals set with the help of an expert are more likely to be successful. A study at the University of California found that when patients were provided with help setting up and monitoring goals in the doctor's office they were more successful at attaining those goals. And similar studies have shown that other types of practitioners can help as well.
In choosing an expert to work with, try to find someone who can be involved for the duration of the weight loss process. This way they can help to monitor your progress and provide feedback. For this reason, a physician may not always be the best source for collaboration. Consider other non-clinical providers. These may include a personal trainer, registered dietitian or weight loss coach.
If you don't have access to a professional expert, consider connecting with others online. The Weight Loss page on Facebook is a great place to post your goals and let others hold you accountable. You'll find resources to set up weight loss plan, post questions, and get support through the weight loss journey. You can also sign up for my newsletter to get weekly weight loss tips or connect with me on Pinterest, on Twitter or Google+ by clicking the buttons at the top of this page.
Make weight loss goals measurable. In their advice to new exercisers, the American Council on Exercise recommends setting measurable goals. That means that when you set up your diet plan, you decide how you will measure your progress and include this as part of your goal statement.
Weighing yourself on the scale is probably the easiest method of measuring weight loss progress as long as you weigh yourself properly. But remember that there are other ways to assess your weight. Both BMI and body fat measurements provide different ways of evaluating your body composition. BMI is easy to measure and provides a good indicator of how your weight affects your health.
Set both short and long term goals. In a published study about goal setting, researchers in Great Britain confirmed that successful goals need to be ambitious. On the other hand, the American Council on Exercise reminds new exercisers that successful weight loss goals should be attainable. So how do you set a goal that seems do-able and challenging at the same time?
The answer is to set both long-term goals that are more difficult and short-term goals that are a little bit easier. The short-term goals act as stepping-stones to the larger goal. In the Great Britain study, researchers emphasized the importance of using "incremental steps that lead to progressive achievement" By setting these multiple weight loss goals, you'll set yourself up for success.
Create deadlines for your weight loss goals. Goals are more successful when a clear deadline is attached. These deadlines should be attached to both the short term and long terms goals and can serve as reminders to measure your progress in the process of achieving your goal.
For many people, a seven-day structure works well for short-term goals. This provides for a fresh start each week on Sunday or Monday. But remember to personalize your goals and use a time frame that works for you.
Goal setting may seem like a trivial task but it can be a key factor in the success of your diet plan. As you move through the weight loss process, the well-designed goals will help you to stay on track. And once you've lost the weight, good goal setting skills come in handy during the weight management process. At that stage, you'll find that continuing to set and reach goals will keep your confidence high.
I have headache how can we cure it. Recently I have having half side headache? What should I do? Is I am suffering from migraine?
My weight is 55 kg but I want to lose my weight. I walked properly 1 hour nd even I don't eat any junk food. please help me.
I have white hair problem and hair fall? What should I do? Plzzz solve my whit problem. This problem was form 2 years.
I am 48 years male suffering from anxiety or fear of sleep (palpitation) from last one months this happens due to fever of typhus in the month of April for which I was treated.
I have excessive blood flow during periods. Also feel pain in legs. Does it normal? Some girl have excessive flow during period. Is it advantage or not for future life?
I am 62 years old and diabetic and hypertension. I am taking allopathic drugs for control. Recently I am suffering from diabetic nuropathy- skin burning of legs, thies. How to control this by homeopathy? can I take homeo drugs and check diabetes and hypertension without allopathy drugs? can I depend only on homeopathy. Please suggest
The question arises here is, what type of yoga should be practiced? Fertility yoga is becoming very popular due to its long-term benefits. Fertility yoga helps to nurture, support and strengthen the endocrine and the reproductive system. The endocrine system is essential for proper hormonal balance. Yoga helps in eliminating the blockages in the blood that flows to the uterus. This again helps in increasing the blood flow to the lower part of the body and supports the body in detoxifying. Some of the yoga poses boost the immune system and speed up the body’s healing mechanism to prepare it for conception. Yoga for fertility helps in eliminating the harmful side effects of fertility drugs as well. With a reduction in stress levels, the body’s ability to cope with the fertility treatments increases your chances of getting pregnant.
Fertility yoga is much like your daily yoga routine. There are many yoga centers that provide fertility yoga sessions. Specific poses are performed in that session for aiding a woman’s effort to get pregnant. Fertility Yoga can assist in boosting a woman’s biological clock and hormonal balance, including menstrual cycle regularity. With regular practice, fertility Yoga enables individuals to connect to their bodies and their partners in a better way. Fertility yoga comprises of a specific series of stretches that have positive effects on reproductive health. Include fertility yoga in your daily routine and lay down a great foundation for a healthy pregnancy.
Is Eating chewing gums (center fresh) harmful. I only eat it 2_3 times a week. Does it effect me in any way.
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and omega 3 fatty acid rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with your dermatologist.
I dnt knw wt's going on. Tomorrow is my exam. I am trying to study. Reading anything. After few seconds I forget what I read. I am so tensed now. Plzz help me.
Hi Sir, I'm 22 years old, As I'm suffering with back pain and no resistance in my body these days. Actually I got fever for week since then it has started. And recently I started smoking cigrate. I want to know whether this problem is related to smoke or fever?
Most women stay confused with the time of their ovulation. Couples who are sexually healthy and are in their 20s and 30s and are not using any birth control measures have 20% chances of getting pregnant. It is interesting to know that you have a high chance of getting pregnant at the time of ovulation. It is a small window period that comes each month. It is the time when your ovary produces ovum or egg and the egg is open for fertilisation. Even if you are having sex two or three days before ovulation, there is a high possibility of fertilisation. After ovulation is over, the window period gets shut for the next cycle. It is the safe period. Though doctors say that it cannot be considered 100% safe to have unprotected sex during this period, the chances of getting pregnant are considerably lower.
When does ovulation actually start?
It should be remembered that ovulation takes place at the middle of your menstrual cycle. It usually occurs halfway through the cycle. Commonly, the average time period of a cycle is 28 days. But, in some cases, women may have cycles as long as 23 to 35 days.
How will you know that you are ovulating?
- Check your calendar: It is a healthy habit to keep a menstrual calendar. You must maintain the dates for a few months. This will give you an idea as to when you actually ovulate.It is difficult to know the actual time of ovulation if you are having irregular periods.
- Carefully listen to your body: It is a common thing that your body spontaneously sends a memo to you before ovulation starts. You get cramps or feel pain in the lower abdomen before ovulation starts. This pain is called mittelschmerz. It is a reminder of the coming periods.
- Chart your body temperature: Well, you will need to keep a record of your basal body temperature. You can measure it after three to five hours of sleep. Your basal body temperature changes throughout the monthly ovulation cycle. Progesterone hormone is responsible for the increase in body temperature. In the first half of the month, the progesterone levels are low and hence the temperature remains low as compared to the second half of ovulation.
- You can go for saliva test: Your saliva contains the estrogen hormone. Its level changes throughout the cycle. You can also use an ovulation detector kit to know the dates. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.