Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rishi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have doubt. There many peoples telling excess use of tomato will increase the chance of kidney stone. Is it correct?
I have tried last three days and I have fever my body last two day and my urin is yellow and my eyes is yellow.
I am a 34 years. I have flank discomfort, relief when passing urine so urgency of urination. If I wait discomfort so high. Affecting sex. It is from 2 years.
Got ultrasound report says Mid calculus hydronephrosis. No stone diagnosed. Regular pain at left lower back, left front and pain at the time of urination. Is this symptom of stone or serious urine infection.
My son's bed wetting problem exist since from child hood. Now he is 16 year old. This is psychological problem or physical problem. How to deal with this case. Is any medicines available? Please guide me.
I have pain while urinating sometimes. And yellowish sperm comes out on ejaculation or during night fall.
I am 43 years my problem is getting frequently urine and some times pain at lower stomach. Can you please suggest me proper solution for this.
Hello my problem from last 2months ihve some stones in my kidneys I am getting fully pain in my stomach I gon to hospital the sogus som medicine.
Yesterday I had taken heavy meal in chicken. But today there is a burning sensation during urine pass. Why is it so? What would be the possible reason? What would be it's simple remedy?
I am getting yellowish urine this 7 days how is it and it can be a symptoms of stone what are the precautions I should take.
My age is 21. I am 5.2 height .From last 4 days I am getting urine in pink colour. Is it natural or disease. I do not have any bad habits like smoking, drinking, tobacco etc. I do not have any pain .
I usually urinate frequently. Even though I didn't consume much water, the same impact in case of preejaculation. Can pls advice me in this regard.
The presence of red blood cells in the urine is called hematuria. If there are sufficient red cells, the urine turns to a bright red, pink or cola shade. Frequently, the urine looks totally ordinary because there is insufficient blood to change the colour. In this situation, the condition is called 'microscopic' hematuria.
The most common causes of hematuria are given below:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stones
- Tumours in the kidney or bladder
- Exercise: In this case, the blood is produced in the urine after strenuous activity. It is more commonly experienced by male patients.
- Injury: Traumatic damage to any part of the urinary tract, from the kidneys to the urethral opening, can cause hematuria.
The symptoms of hematuria vary depending upon the condition. These are as follows:
- Glomerulonephritis: If the glomerulonephritis is not serious, it may not show any signs. If the symptoms do show up, they can cause swelling, particularly in the lower furthest points(the thighs, legs, feet, and toes), decreased urine, and hypertension.
- Kidney or bladder infection: Symptoms rely on the site of the diseaseand can even cause extreme pain on one side of the lower back, fever, chills, nausea with vomiting, and pain in the bladder.
- Prostate infection: There can be pain in the lower back or in the region between the scrotum and rearend. Pain with discharge, blood in the semen, andfever and chills can also occuronce in a while.
- Tumour in the kidney or bladder: Most kidney and bladder problems develop without bringing about any pain or uneasiness. At the point when side effects build up, abdomen pain may be persistent.
- Kidney stones: When a kidney stone gets attached to the ureters, it can bring about extreme pain in the back, side or crotch, with nausea and difficulties in urination.
Based upon the suspected cause of hematuria, some of the treatments may include the following:
- Urine culture: In this test, a urine sample is extracted and examined to check whether bacteria has developed. This test is used to find a case of a kidney or bladder disease.
- Computed tomography (CT) of the kidneys, ureters and bladder: For most cases,a CT scan is conducted. This helps in viewing the internal organs and finding the areas that may have been affected by the condition. It also shows the extent of the damage and the spread of the disease so that a proper treatment plan may be laid out.
- Ultrasound: This test uses sound waves to create images that can show whether or not a kidney mass is a non cancerous. This method can also be used to find out whether or not there are any kidney stones, which may be causing hematuria.
- Cystoscopy: In this test, the specialist embeds an adaptable telescope into the urethra and passes it into the bladder to investigate the bladder lining for tumours or different issues.