Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rima ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 64 years old male. Now I got a cavity in my rear tooth and the pain is unbearable. Before I go to to a dentist to pluck it out, please give me pain relieving measures. Thanks.
I have two extra teeth in left part and one extra teeth in my right part of my lower jaws. I have 35 teeth total. Would I face any problems in future?
I have got my teeth out of my jawline. Is there something which can permanently fix it without any harm.
My father is 60 years old. He is suffering from gum bleeding problem from 3 years. He have consulted dentists many times and followed what they suggest. But still his gums continue bleeding. What to do?
I am 42 years old while sleeping some liquid come out from mouth and wet the pillow from many years .Some one told the this is the sign of worms .If there are worms in my stomach then please tell What is the medicine for intestinal worms?
How long does 0.75 - 1 Inch Ulcer Will Take To Heal? And it's 6 th ulcer since last two months regularly visiting dentist Currently using Metrogyl 400 tab Flemiklox lb Do I need to do something else to get rid of it?
Hi I want to know about adenoid hypertrophy I have six year old kid he has mouth breathing problem as per ex ray examin and local doctor consult suggested to me operate that but as we know in large adenoid automatically remove after teen age apart from mouth breathing kid don' t have any other problem so please suggest we operate that or wait for teenage once that automatically resolved Thanks in advance
Hi! My dad is 63 years old. So this problem started last August, when we noticed that he is having some speech issue. It was like as if he is eating something and talking, when actually his mouth was completely empty. Then the frequency of this slurring increased in some weeks/months (can not recall). When we met our doctor, he advised to get an MRI done. On getting the MRI he concluded that it is because of diabetes and blood pressure that some muscles of the tongue are weak. Since november, my dad is controlling diabetes and blood pressure and has also lost 10 kgs (he was overweight, with strict diet and exercise he has lost 10 kgs and now weighs 80 kgs) So, the slurring problem increased and now its not slurring but lisping. We also noticed that his tongue is not able to touch the roof of the mouth. And there is always some burning sensation on some part of the tongue. We met a few renowned doctors but nothing was concluded. We met a neurologist, who recommended the following tests. MRI, diffused and contrast RNT THYROID ECHO ULTRASOUND OF THE NECK. All the above tests were normal. On meeting our neurologist the last time, he has given the following conclusions. He said - His tongue muscles are weak, And blood supply to the blood is not appropriate. And has given us some medicines. Although on his prescription he has written the following. D/d Multi infarct state e bulbar palsy Bulbar palsy onset AHC He has also written follow up to see for evolution/ evaluation of AHC disease. As you can see what he said and what he wrote was completely different. My question is I did my research on Ahc and bulbar palsy, yes it is very scary but some symptoms are not matching with the symptoms of Ahc and bulbar palsy. He also said - there is no test to conclude this disease, if nothing happens after having the given medicines. We will conclude that he is suffering from Ahc and bulbar palsy. Symptoms that differ His walking is perfect - daily walks for more than 7 kms His muscles are strong No problem with swallowing Please help me out in this.
I have teeth problem. Its bleeding and pain some time And more sensitive. Please give me proper solution.
I have stains in my teeth. I had it cleaned every 3months basis. Bt it keeps on appearing. Doc advice me not to smoke r drink neither. Bt I am a tetottler I hv never drank alcohol r smoke cigrate in my life. Pls suggest something. I brush twice a day.
I have a lot of problem. 1st is menstrual problem. Heavy bleeding. Hair loss. When I brush my teeth, it's bleeding. Low bp too. Can you help me in this?
I am 11 and my teeth are moving you gave me the answer that ater teeth has grown in the mouth it moves for 3 years but they are moving from 4 years and I am very very very worried please help me something they are paining.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.