Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rijwan MalwenkarYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years and my wife is 49 years, just got married a year ago... we are health enough and like to have a child. Would like to know the basic preparation that may help us to have an issue immediately.
I am pregnant from 2 months and now I am having problem in eating food I am only having 1 to 2 chapatis And yesterday I did vomit just after eating the food Is it normal or not?
It is very important to take care of your physical well-being as it may have a direct relationship with your sexual performance. Having unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits can put you out of shape sexually, emotionally and physically.
Here's how being out of form can affect your sex life:
- It can affect your confidence levels - Problems with your body weight can seriously affect your confidence levels, and consequently your sex life. Being confident of yourself and what you do is vital for having great sex. Issues with your confidence and a negative perception of yourself can make you feel inadequate, thereby causing problems in your sex life.
- It can suck out all your energy - In order for you to enjoy or have longer sex sessions, you need to be at your fittest levels. Being overweight or not in shape can prevent you from enjoying the sexual activity or sustaining the session as you would be all out of energy.
- It can affect your thoughts - Getting caught up in thoughts about your weight or what is going on in the mind of your partner can have a serious impact on your sexual performance. In fact, your weight can hamper the healthy thoughts that may form during these moments that you share with your partner. Ideally, your thoughts should be focused on the act so that you're able to fully enjoy the activity.
- It can affect what you experience - Your weight issues can hamper your ability to have quality sex and cause you to have short sessions. The quality of what you experience with your partner can get affected if you lack confidence and don't focus on what is happening in front of you. More importantly, one shouldn't mistake quality sex as the number of sex positions known or the duration of the activity. Quality sex takes place only when both the partners enjoy the act and derive maximum pleasure and satisfaction out of it.
My period date was on 7 sept and usually my menses come once in 3 months. But after sex on 11oct its bleeding for 5 days. Only 5-10 drops? M I pregnant?
Hi doctor recently I did blood test of hormones so my amh is low and FSH is high so doctor told me to go for ivf but I want natural pregnancy so please suggest me.
My niece is taking Cetapin 1000, mychiro, calcium tablets. She is having PCOS. Can she get pregnant naturally? And how?
I got married 6 months before and we planning for baby. From the 3rd month of getting married we do intercourse daily. I have regular cycle but the month before last month its comes on 39th day only and last month normal. I want to know there is possible to get pregnant on daily intercourse or not. If not means what can we do.
The cervix is a part of the female reproductive system. It is the lower part of the woman's uterus, and it connects the vagina with the uterus. This is usually closed and tight, but ends up dilating during occasions like pregnancy and childbirth. The cervix is also known to soften eventually during the course of one's pregnancy and delivery. In case the cervix starts to open up too early, this condition is known as an insufficient cervix or an incompetent cervix. Here is everything you need to know about this condition.
Definition and symptoms: An incompetent or insufficient cervix is one that opens up too early and does not support a normal delivery. The symptoms that may point at this condition include pressure in the pelvic area, pain in the back, light bleeding from the vagina, mild cramps in the abdomen, and a change in the odour and hue of the vaginal discharge that may be experienced by the pregnant woman. Usually, such symptoms and changes are not seen in the early stages of one's pregnancy. Mostly, the symptoms are experienced after the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, in the second trimester, when there is greater pressure on the area due to the growing fetus.
Risk factors: There are a number of factors that increase the risk of this condition, including congenital conditions like uterine anomalies and other genetic disorders. These disorders may affect the fibrous protein that produces the connective tissue of the body, which is also known as collagen. When there is a decrease in this kind of tissue, the cervix becomes incompetent or insufficient. Also, when there has been overexposure to synthetic estrogen, this kind of condition may be experienced. Further, cervical trauma is another factor that may cause this condition along with dilation and curettage, which is a procedure that corrects uterine conditions.
Treatment: The main form of treatment usually includes the prescription of progesterone supplements in the form of weekly administered injections. Also, serial ultrasounds every fortnight can help in monitoring the situation closely so that the doctor is able to ascertain whether or not you are going to be able to go through a normal delivery or not. Cervical cerclage is also a surgical procedure that can help such a condition. In this procedure, the cervix is stitched up with strong sutures, which will be removed in the last month of pregnancy, or just before the delivery. This is especially helpful if there have been cases of premature delivery in the past. This procedure is usually carried out within the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy to avoid loss of the fetus.
I am 18 year old and I was suffering from PCOS but I have taken proper medical advice but its not cured may be a continuous white vaginal discharge is there. Is it normal?
Hello. M married and completed 2 years of marriage. But still I could not get pregnant. My periods are not regular. Sometime it comes after 20 days sometime 26 days sometime 30 days. Pls suggest what will I do.
Hi, I am 25 Year old woman. I was pregnant before 1 and a half year. Due to the high blood pressure, after 8 months, our baby was died. My delivery was done on 3rd feb 2016. After the delivery my menstrual cycle is irregular. Now I am trying to get pregnant but not getting success. So I consult to a doctor and she said I have pcod and she suggested me take 2 tables. 1) Ovabless, 2) Krimson 35. My question is after taking these tablet am I getting pregnant and How many days eat this medicine? Please reply fast.
Is nipple discharge 7 days beforehand of menstrual beginning normal?or a sign of breast cancer?i m also having a lump like feeling in one of the breast.I m very afraid please help.
I am 25 years female .i am suffering from smelly vagina and something yellow discharge from last one month I have taken medicine too but no relief from it plzz suggest.
Welcome to Urogyn IVF Centre, Rohini, Delhi. I am Dr Surbhi Gupta, IVF and surrogacy specialist. Nowadays, infertility has become a very common problem in the society and it is rising day by day. It is accepted one and all. In addition to other modalities of infertility treatment, surrogacy is the latest and ultimate tool for infertility couple. In surrogacy, another woman carries and delivers a baby for the couple who wants to have a baby. In surrogacy, we take a sperm from the biological father, an egg from biological mother, we fertilise outside the womb in a lab and this developing embryo, and we transfer in the surrogate mother for nine months. She gives the nourishment for nine months. This foetus is not biologically or genetically connected to the surrogate mother. Surrogate mother gets adequate compensation by the end of this process. This complete procedure is lawful. It is a very complex and mature procedure. It is required a teamwork. In this team, main infertility specialist, gynaecologist, IVF specialist, anaesthetist, sonologist, lab technician, embryologist, counsellor, psychologist, and surrogate agencies are required.
At Urogyn, we provide this complete system under one roof in a very mature fashion. If you want to go for surrogacy, visit us at Urogyn and give us the opportunity to serve you through Lybrate.
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If in doubt, don't hesitate to visit a skin specialist or a physician.
Hello doctor I had done sex with my partner without using protection and she loose her virginity and I have give her only one slot because its hurt to her and now she didn't have her periods? I am in tension that is she pregnant or not please help me.
In this article I will discuss five different easy formulas or steps for an individual to attain or maintain a healthy lifestyle, which will avoid even deadly diseases.
1). Regular Exercise- mild to moderate intensity
2). Healthy diet preferably Organic, unprocesed food must be a NO . . . If required Dietary Supplements can be taken after consulting with your Nutritionally informed Healthcare Provider.
3). Proper rest and adequate sound sleep.
4). Occasional Manual Medicine checkup.
Christmas time brings with itself the mouth watering dessert of plum cakes. Besides being delicious, plum cakes come loaded with numerous health benefits. Read on to find out how plum cakes are a healthy dessert option.
Why are plum cakes good for your health?
Plums are rich in various nutrients, which make plum cakes a healthy food choice despite being a dessert. Plums are full of dietary fibre, which helps in lowering your cholesterol level, controls blood sugar level and helps you in maintaining an ideal body mass index. This fruit is also known for its high vitamin C content, and it ensures that your body absorbs most of the available iron from the food after consumption. Additionally, it also strengthens your immune system. Plums contain an array of minerals like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese etc, which are necessary for the proper functioning of your body. Plus, they are packed with antioxidants, which help in the digestion of your food and in maintaining good metabolism.
Also, the eggs in the plum cake are very good for your health too. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, which along with its vitamin B2 content, help in raising HDL (or good) cholesterol levels. Besides, eggs contain choline (a water-soluble nutrient), which is necessary for the proper functioning of your brain and liver.
Here’s an easy Christmas plum cake recipe for you.
Vegetable oil-1 cup
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Plums-about 450 grams, drained and chopped
Chopped nuts- ½ cup
Baking soda-1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence-1 teaspoon
Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Take a 9-inch pan and grease it with oil. Sprinkle some flour over it. Start beating the eggs in a small container. Mix the vanilla essence and keep aside. Blend the butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix the beaten egg with it. Mix the flour and baking powder in a different container and then add to the previous mixture. Gently blend it to give a consistent texture. Add the chopped pieces of plum and nuts. Mix well. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.