Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hi my daughter is 22 months old she left mothers milk just. 1 week before but now she is not eating or drinking anything. We struggle a lot for many hours to feed very very little 2 or 3 swallow food. Please advise as we are very worried.
Few small lymph nodes are seen in the axillary region and along the pectorails muscle on the right side during the ultrasound of my five year old son. During the fnac, smears show mature lymphocytes with transformed lymphocytes with lymphohistiocytosis cell clusters with few histiocytes showing hemophagocytosis in humorrhagic background. Kindly tell from which disease my son infected and what is diagnosis.
My daughter is ten years old from last week she started getting vomiting and pain in her stomach and after two day she suddenly started getting scared I have done USG of her stomach and the report is clear she use to talk a lot But now she keep quite all the time when ever I ask her she just node her head in answer and if I ask her about her problem she just start crying and say that she is scared of bhoot I am very worried of her Please help.
11 mahine ki beti hai meri. Use dhoop asar kar gaya. Loo lagya. Drugs de rahe hai. Aur ghar pe kya swdhani barte.
My baby is 6 months old. She is not taking full sleep at night we are giving juice or khichdi at night. Please suggest. And also pl let me know that mosquito liquids like good night or motion irritate the child?
I have 2 year old girl kid. For past few months her neck underarms thighs are getting dark. Kindly assist me regarding this.
Hi Doctor, Please suggest any tonic for my daughter for deep hunger. She depends on milk 2-3 times in a day only. She never asks for any food. She is only 3.5 years old only. Please suggest a good tonic for her to increase hunger. Thanks.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.