Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Richa JagtapYour feedback matters!
My sexual life is satisfied penis is properly entrd in vagina .and discharge of sperm also proper. But after sex when I go to washroom some quantity of sperm drop down with urine .why this happened. I want pregnancy so I have not take any risk please give me answer.
I am suffering frm polycystic Overy syndrome with increase testosterone level with abnormal hair growth, how can I get relief nd how Cn these symptoms can get reduce.
I took mifegest kit but some tissues were left so I had d & c so what are the precautions to be taken now what can I eat and what rest should be taken.
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (stick yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if ganges near then take bath there.
4. maintain a proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs app.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs app.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in morning daily to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to get healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam daily.
16. Eat slight less what you normally intake.
Sir please tell me what I eat. I am pregnant for two months please me diet diet plan for pregnant women.
We are planning pregnancy. However I don't know if I could be pregnant this month as my periods are due. Yesterday I got a small prick with a small nail. Though there is no much wound is it mandatory to take TT injection? Considering I had one injection 9 months back. Please suggest.
My periods have came on 7th april and my fb rubbing with his open penis on my laggings and he also used his finger in my inner area may be my fb down on my laggings then my periods again come on 29 th of april so there is any chance to get pregnant. What is the expected time of my periods in may.
I made out with my boyfriend on 6th November that was not proper penetration though his penis just touched my hymen and it pained and he withrawed that iIdon't think so that it could br called sex! Maybe afterwards he cummed on me. I didn't have my periods fir this month. Are there any pregnancy chances?
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of Not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphillis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
My mother was on Thalidomide for 2.5 years post 6 cycles of VAD for MULTIPLE MYLOMA. Doctor has stopped medicine as reports suggest that disease is under control. However she is getting loose motions since she has stopped medicine. Is there some advice?
Hello I am 4 months pregnant now I want to know in which week I have to done my 5 month scan. And when I feel my baby movements.
Bleeding from the vagina during the pregnancy period in women can be quite a traumatic experience. Bleeding during pregnancy occurs due to several reasons. While some of these reasons can be ignored and are considered natural, the others might be of concern. Vaginal bleeding accompanied by spotting is common in women within twelve weeks of pregnancy. The cervix getting infected might also be a cause of the bleeding, which stops on its own after a certain period. However, bleeding from the vaginal area during pregnancy phase may also lead to something as severe as miscarriage or an early born infant.
Once u get bleeding after getting pregnant consult ur doctor as early as possible, it's the doctor who will guide u whether to wait or some action has to be taken. For proper assessment and control of the bleeding, you should undertake the following actions:
- Keep a track on the bleeding: You must have an idea about the amount of blood loss you have had. It will make your doctor's work much easier to understand the intensity and the root of the problem. He will also be able to present you with a control plan. You have to keep a pad in your underwear and let it get soaked. Keep a track on how many pads get used by in a span of 24 hours. Notice the other features of the bleeding as well; whether there is pain or not and the intensity of the bleeding. Keep a constant check on the color and shade of the blood, and mention the presence of blood clots if any to your doctor.
- Take sufficient amount of rest: Untroubled, peaceful bed rest for long duration is the primary treatment to prevent pregnancy bleeding. During the early days of bleeding, total bed rest is recommended by all doctors. In case the bleeding cannot be checked regardless of sufficient rest, you should call the doctor.
- Abstain from any form of heavy physical work: Any kind of physical labor, which produces strain in the body such as running, jogging, jumping, cycling or going up and down a staircase quite often should be strictly prohibited during pregnancy. Undertaking these activities causes the uterus to jerk, and may lead to the breakage of delicate blood vessels within the placenta. On the off chance that the bleeding is less, activities of this kind should be still strictly avoided. Even after the bleeding stops, keep away from any strain for two more weeks.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse: Sexual intercourse during pregnancy can enhance the vaginal bleeding to a great extent. For women facing bleeding during this phase, it is advised to keep away from having sex until your doctor advises.
Pregnancy bleeding is a serious issue and it must not be neglected in the slightest of extent.
My wife is pregnant now, 2 months. Will she drink Tender coconut daily? I heard that, she won't take during pregnancy. Please advice.
We all follow certain myths regarding health. There are a lot of myths regarding Physical therapy and Exercising as well. Here are some myth busters which might help shed some light on the actual facts –
1. Myth: I need a referral to see a physical therapist.
Fact: There is no need to get a Physician’s referral to work with qualified experienced Physiotherapists. They are trained to do the evaluation and treatment planning.
2. Myth: Physical therapy is painful.
Fact: Physical therapists seek to minimize your pain and discomfort—including chronic or long-term pain. They work within your pain threshold to help you heal, and restore movement and function.
3. Myth: Physical therapy is only for injuries and accidents.
Fact: Physical therapists do a lot more than just stretch or strengthen weak muscles after an injury or surgery. They are skilled at evaluating and diagnosing potential problems before they lead to more serious injuries or disabling conditions—from carpal tunnel syndrome and frozen shoulder, to chronic headaches and lower back pain, to name a few.
4. Myth: Any health care professional can perform physical therapy.
Fact: Only qualified Physiotherapist from a recognized college who has done 41/2 years degree course are eligible to do the evaluation and treatment.
5. Myth: Surgery is my only option.
Fact: In many cases, physical therapy has been shown to be as effective as surgery in treating a wide range of conditions—from rotator cuff tears and degenerative disk disease, to meniscial tears and some forms of knee osteoarthritis. Also for stress incontinence. Those who have recently seen a good qualified physical therapist know this to be true.
6. Myth: I can do physical therapy myself.
Fact: Your participation is key to a successful treatment plan, but every patient still needs the expert care and guidance of a qualified physiotherapist. Your therapist will leverage his or her specialized education, clinical expertise, and the latest available evidence to evaluate your needs and make a diagnosis before creating an individualized plan of care.
Indian tinospora, heart-leaved moonseed, #giloy, #guduchi #amrita
Its a wonderful medicinal herb blessed by nature. Guduchi is highly rich in anti oxidants. It has wound healing property, antipyretic (fever- reducing) and anti-viral properties.
Use in diabetes:
It is a very good herb for diabetes. But if you are taking other medicines, it may further lower the blood glucose levels. Hence people with diabetes should take this herb only under medical supervision.
Interesting fact: the areal roots of guduchi are so thin yet so strong that, sushruta used to use this for suturing surgical wounds. This had duel benefits. One was – the thread were very strong so, there was no chance of wound rupture. Second is, guduchi has potent wound healing property. Hence wound healing used to happen very quickly.
Nutritional composition of giloy:
Calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, zinc, manganese.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
Timely intake of meals: for better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
Sleep: sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
Aloe vera: an ounce of aloe vera juice a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
Turmeric: haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric
Triphala: this combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
Hingvastak churna bet ween meal with deshi ghee is help ful to gastritis indigestion flatulance
Lavanbhaskar churan with sankh bhasm help to reduce abdomen pain due to indigestion.