Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Sir Heavy Pain in lower back always. Please give some in-house ways to get the way completely out. Very fed up.
Taking knee replacement surgery to the next level
When the world is driven by technology, can we as surgeons can be far behind?
Let's see what does technology has to offer to a knee replacement surgeon?
Precise alignment and balancing of the new knee implants is imperative for its long time survival - that's where technology kicks in. The computer helps us to accurately define the axis and the angles so that your new knee fits well and is placed within millimeters of defined scientific parameters. It reduces the chances of human error towards the placement of the new knee implants. If the implants are not aligned well it leads to pain, poor function and early loosening and failure of the surgery. This technology has lead to an improvement in the precision factor of the surgery and made the results more predictable and reproducible.
How is it different from the conventional/regular knee replacement surgery and what advantages can you derive from the procedure?
A number of benefits can be derived from computer navigated knee replacement surgery such as:
1. It enables us to make smaller incisions with minimal soft tissue dissection occurring as well. As a consequence, there's greater protection of your quadriceps tendon and muscle during the procedure which helps in early rehabilitation.
2. Bone cuts are more precise in nature as well as are reproduced in a highly clear manner imparting greater accuracy and fit of the implant.
3. In a computer navigated knee replacement the ligament balancing is done in a highly precise manner which ensures the longevity of the new knee.
4. It eliminates the need to place a rod inside the intramedullary bone canal of the thigh bone, thereby, decreasing chances of postoperative bleeding and embolism.
5. In complex cases involving deformity of the thigh or leg bones due to previous fracture, excessive bowing, and trauma implants such as plate and screws in situ, traditional alignments systems are difficult to use. In these cases, computer navigated knee surgery is the most preferred method as all these doesn't pose any challenge.
The outcome is a better performance of the replaced knee, both short and long-term in nature.
Related Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?